PDA

View Full Version : Form 3 to dealer is taking over 10 weeks now. Still not shipped. Normal?

Jwknutson17
04-13-14, 12:45
Seeing what experience folks have had when transferring NFA item from out of state dealer to "your local" dealer. I bought a SOCOM Surfire 5.56 can January 30th. The dealer keeps giving me the run around.. "Form 3s take a long time now" crap.. Every paper form 3 that has been transferred to my dealer has taken no longer then 5 weeks. And thats paper. Says he E-filed it the next day. Seeing if anyone has experienced over 10 week dealer transfer times or more. Or if you think he actually did not have the Suppressor at time of sale, and doesnt want to tell me that he just got it in and filed the paperwork. He refused to send a copy of the form 3 to my dealer. Said.."Ill send him the form in the box when it ships" Normal? Or am I needing to take some other action. I have plenty of NFA items, and none have been this big of a pain.

Thanks,

DreadPirateMoyer
04-13-14, 13:31
Is this from dealer to dealer, distributor to dealer, or manufacturer to dealer? I've only done the latter two for my suppressors, being personally involved in every step of the process (so I know I wasn't being given the runaround), and it's always been in excess of 3 months for Form 3s since the gun rush started.

Have you purchased NFA since the rush last year?

Voodoochild
04-13-14, 13:36
It took a few months to get a form 3 for a 762 SOCOM can back in Jan time frame and that was done via eforms. And copy of form 3 was included in package when it showed up to my dealer.

Jwknutson17
04-13-14, 13:40
Is this from dealer to dealer, distributor to dealer, or manufacturer to dealer? I've only done the latter two for my suppressors, being personally involved in every step of the process (so I know I wasn't being given the runaround), and it's always been in excess of 3 months for Form 3s since the gun rush started.

Have you purchased NFA since the rush last year?

Dealer to dealer. I have purchased 3 items from out of state dealers in the last 12 months. All arrived within that 5 week time. I know some dealers were having trouble getting surefire cans in the time they were promised. Not sure if that's the case anymore. Guess I'm so used to the 2 to 4 week time frame the 10 seems a little out of the ordinary. Couldn't find much info on longer times then 8 weeks unless there was issues involved.

Jwknutson17
04-13-14, 13:46
It took a few months to get a form 3 for a 762 SOCOM can back in Jan time frame and that was done via eforms. And copy of form 3 was included in package when it showed up to my dealer.

That's what I was looking for. I've always had the form come with the shipped item. But most don't have an issue with faxing a copy to the receiving dealer. (what my dealer has done for all my items) I have had form 1s come back in 3 months approved on efile. Just never had form 3 take that long. Thanks for the reply. Guess I just need to be more patient, relax, and go back to watching golf.

Tempmj
04-13-14, 17:36
I had a paper form 3 submitted first part of January and received at my dealer last week. I had another form 3 (efile) submitted a little over a month ago and dealer received the item the day after the first item I referenced. So 3 months paper 1 month efile

Wolfpack45
04-14-14, 14:06
Filing as a dealer, the longest I have had form take on eForms is 8 weeks, and the longest for paper has been 11 weeks. Most of the time, 4-6 weeks is the norm, but every once and while one will take a long time.

Jwknutson17
04-15-14, 08:42
Thanks everyone for the info. That's all I needed.

ttf909
04-17-14, 00:36
I had one submitted for transfer June 28 and finally made transfer in December . Paper the first time then resubmitted efile twice. It appears I will see the item about October if I'm lucky.