PDA

View Full Version : Federal Premium Gold Small Pistol Match Primers

opngrnd
04-13-14, 17:34
I went to pick up a couple pounds of pistol powder the other day, and was able to grab some small pistol primers as well. They were out of Winchester, which has been the only brand of pistol primer I've used in my mere several thousand rounds of pistol reloads, so I had the choice between Federal Premium Gold Small Pistol Match Primers and CCI 500s. The staff that got opened the case for me mentioned that he normally used Winchester as well, but chose these the Federal primers for small pistol when the Winchesters are out of stock. He also said that he'd had trouble on occasion with the CCI primers in his Dillon progressive reloader. I bought the last 2000 Federal small pistol primers since they seemed at the time like the better option.

I've not been able to find out anything about them by searching here, but it seems like a lot of people use the CCI 500. Some Google searches revealed people saying they'd had pierced primers, but I didn't see any load data with their experiences. Has anyone here had any problems using the Federal Small Pistol Match primers? I only plan on loading them to normal pressures in 9mm and 38 Super. I'm starting to wonder if I should have bought the CCI 500s.