PDA

View Full Version : USP shooting left, but only up close.

bb223
04-14-14, 17:30
This is strange and has been bothering me for a few weeks.

I was shooting my USP indoors at about 5-7 yards all winter and have been consistently hitting left.

Good groups, just always about 2 inches left of center. I have checked and adjusted my irons so they are centered in the dovetail and it still did it.

I was finally able to get out to a real range range with multiple distance target stands and was doing absolutely awesome at 25 yards. Groups are centered perfect and palm sized. I fired a few at 50 yards and they were dead on with windage too.

So I figured maybe I had a flinch or something from the increased muzzle blast indoors, then I stepped up to about 5 yards and shot and they all went left again at that distance.

I am consistently left for anything under about 10 yards, I believe.

The only thing I can think of is because I shoot both eyes open and at the closer ranges my binocular vision isn't meshing.

I've heard about phoria and have a basic understanding of it.

Do you guys think phoria is the cause of my issues?

Any other suggestions or tips on getting myself squared away?

Thanks.

Failure2Stop
04-14-14, 18:41
It's anticipation.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

bb223
04-14-14, 18:45
I know you can't step into my head and narrow it down exactly, but what generally would cause it up close but not farther out?

The Dumb Gun Collector
04-14-14, 18:58
That is weird. I know when I switch from 1911 to Glock I have to give the gun a LOT more finger, usually all the way to the knuckle, to get my groups centered.

___TomB___
04-15-14, 16:01
Have you tried other firearms and did you get the same result?

Sent via Tapatalk