PDA

View Full Version : Above and Beyond Customer Service

brushy bill
04-15-14, 19:16
We tend to hear a lot about the things that don't go right. Well, I wanted to share a very positive recent experience with Ruger.

My Security Six (not manufactured since the 80s) was exhibiting problems with the front lock up. The front latch was not positively engaging the hole in the tip of the ejector rod. I called Ruger, was given an RMA, and sent the gun in. A week or so later, Ruger customer service calls and says they are unable to repair the revolver, but will ship a current production double action revolver of my choice at no cost to me (they did as well...model of my choice with no haggling).

This was above and beyond in my opinion and I wanted to share my positive experience as I believe the company deserves some very positive press for such superb CS. Supporting a gun 20 plus years out of production with a new replacement. Wow. Far beyond what I'd expected. I will be purchasing more Rugers and sharing my positive experience with others.

SeriousStudent
04-15-14, 20:46
Pretty cool. So what did you pick for a replacement?

Coal Dragger
04-15-14, 21:01
So what did you get as a replacement?

fixit69
04-16-14, 00:05
Come on man. What gives? As a six gun ruger owner from the past, I'm interested now.

Glad to see they are keeping up with CS.

brushy bill
04-16-14, 07:56
Pretty cool. So what did you pick for a replacement?

Match Champion. Really surprised by this level of customer support.

decodeddiesel
04-16-14, 13:02
That's a big plus in Ruger's book for me. I've been eyeing down a used SP101 for a little while, this might be the nudge I need to finally buy it.

SeriousStudent
04-16-14, 22:27
Sweet! That's a nice pistol.

I've been seriously eyeballing one of those GP100 3" TALO models. Like I really need one......

skipper49
04-17-14, 16:29
And I thought that I'D gotten good service from Ruger! I'm glad to support a company like that. And yes, that Match Champion is one nice wheelgun.

Skip

CharlieDeltaJuliet
04-17-14, 17:39
Ruger is great for C/S. I have had great luck with them, Hk (over FedEx delivering a part to the wrong address) and Sig Sauer (they gave me a set of E2 grips and spring for my P220R, just had to pay shipping).

Ruger went above and beyond to fix a faulty extractor on one of my MkII's.

williejc
04-22-14, 22:15
Ruger about 18 months ago posted on their web site that they no longer have parts for the Security/Service Six series, which are superb revolvers.

guy sajer
04-27-14, 10:09
Thanks for posting .

A free replacement is indeed above and beyond . My experience as a dealer has been that they offer the customer a replacement at a great price , about 20% under wholesale but not free .

The new "Match" is a beauty . Good choice .:cool:

Dienekes
04-30-14, 20:24
Pretty good. Way back when I took a Ruger armorer's class the GP-100 was covered in addition to other guns. A few of us were still carrying "Sixes" so we covered that as well. They were also good enough to send me an armorer's service packet of spare parts for them, most of which I still have. Not much ever goes wrong with them. Too many cases of .357/125s will eventually erode the forcing cones, though. I had two go back to the factory for new barrels for that reason.

Probably the best duty revolvers ever made. Not the prettiest, just the best.