PDA

View Full Version : Ukrainian Jews Kindly Register Yourself...

SteyrAUG
04-18-14, 01:11
I have absolutely no words for this one.

Leaflet tells Jews to register in East Ukraine (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/04/17/jews-ordered-to-register-in-east-ukraine/7816951/)

This is so absurd I'd be inclined to think it was a US tactic to undermine the Russian takeover in Ukraine, or conversely a Russian tactic designed to look like US involvement in making them look bad that could be discredited by the Russians thus making the US look like they are involved.

But then I think about the kind of person Putin is, the shit he's pulled up to this point, and the realization that there are still very seriously screwed up parts of the world and I have to conclude that it's probably legit.

You'd think the Russians never fought the Germans in WWII. The Russians are denying any involvement, but the Russians are also denying they are invading another country so their denial is to be expected.

No.6
04-18-14, 07:17
And if history repeats itself, as it often does, most will register, few will resist.

Airhasz
04-18-14, 08:47
Next they will be stripped of their assets.

WillBrink
04-18-14, 08:54
I have absolutely no words for this one.

Leaflet tells Jews to register in East Ukraine (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/04/17/jews-ordered-to-register-in-east-ukraine/7816951/)

This is so absurd I'd be inclined to think it was a US tactic to undermine the Russian takeover in Ukraine, or conversely a Russian tactic designed to look like US involvement in making them look bad that could be discredited by the Russians thus making the US look like they are involved.

But then I think about the kind of person Putin is, the shit he's pulled up to this point, and the realization that there are still very seriously screwed up parts of the world and I have to conclude that it's probably legit.

You'd think the Russians never fought the Germans in WWII. The Russians are denying any involvement, but the Russians are also denying they are invading another country so their denial is to be expected.

Are there even identifying patches etc on their troops yet??!! That does not seem to bother others nearly as much as it bothers me it seems.

SomeOtherGuy
04-18-14, 09:04
Well, this would be incredibly stupid for Putin, Russia, or the people hoping to join Russia. But it would absolutely ideal for someone trying to force US/NATO involvement by triggering the post-WWII "Jews are in trouble!" political reflex. And nothing is too cynical or shady for either side. The Ukrainian anti-Russian side, which desperately wants our help, includes a significant number of genuine, real, grandpa-fought-for-Hitler Nazis, so I think this is a far more likely tactic for that side than for Putin/pro-Russia.

MountainRaven
04-18-14, 09:23
Well, this would be incredibly stupid for Putin, Russia, or the people hoping to join Russia. But it would absolutely ideal for someone trying to force US/NATO involvement by triggering the post-WWII "Jews are in trouble!" political reflex. And nothing is too cynical or shady for either side. The Ukrainian anti-Russian side, which desperately wants our help, includes a significant number of genuine, real, grandpa-fought-for-Hitler Nazis, so I think this is a far more likely tactic for that side than for Putin/pro-Russia.

Anti-semitism was a staple of both the Soviet Union and Imperial Russia - the past whose glory Putin seeks to recapture.

And most of those Ukrainians who fought for Hitler weren't fighting for fascism or Naziism as much as they were fighting against Uncle Jo (Stalin, not Biden) and communism - remember that less than a decade before the start of the 'Great Patriotic War' Uncle Jo intentionally starved some 3.3 million Ukrainians to death.

kwelz
04-18-14, 10:40
Something tells me that this is the work of a group trying to stir up anti government sentiment.

Arik
04-18-14, 12:09
Something tells me that this is the work of a group trying to stir up anti government sentiment.

It might be that but also certain elements within the gov do it if they can get away with it.

My cousin was told to take a hike because he was not Ukrainian enough. Asked to provide a Ukrainian bloodline

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

SteyrAUG
04-18-14, 14:49
Are there even identifying patches etc on their troops yet??!! That does not seem to bother others nearly as much as it bothers me it seems.

This is all the work of Pro Russian Ukranians who wish to return to the motherland, just ask them.

kwelz
04-18-14, 15:29
It might be that but also certain elements within the gov do it if they can get away with it.

My cousin was told to take a hike because he was not Ukrainian enough. Asked to provide a Ukrainian bloodline

If that is indeed the case then who knows. Maybe they are trying to pull something like this.

My main thing is that the agency supposedly putting out the pamphlet doesn't know about it. If they indeed did do that then they would probably own up to it. But hey, that would assume that they are acting logically. Not something I am inclined to put money on.

Arik
04-18-14, 15:31
It's a closter**** full of opportunists, propaganda, half truths and bigots. If someone can they will

SteveS
04-18-14, 15:47
It struck me as odd, The biggest jew haters are the muslim brother hood and what would they be doing in Ukraine? Did the billions of aid the American taxpayers send over there fund the Muslim brotherhoods to subvert Ukraine?
Seems the Jews have it bad everywhere, soon the Christians will be treated like the Jews.

SomeOtherGuy
04-18-14, 20:45
I must say I am a bit confused here. For years, no, decades, we gun owners have been told that registration is nothing to fear, that only criminals and crazies have anything to worry about, and that there is "NO" plan to take anyone's guns away. It's just crazy talk. So, with that as our factual basis, why would Jews in Ukraine have anything to worry about with being asked to register as Jews? Maybe the provisional new government (or fascist old government) is simply trying to figure out what the best days are for national holidays, and how much Kosher food needs to be imported.

/sarc

Leaveammoforme
04-18-14, 21:12
Sweet, sweet propaganda at its finest. I wonder what will be distributed around the bundy ranch by masked men.

SteyrAUG
04-18-14, 23:41
Sweet, sweet propaganda at its finest. I wonder what will be distributed around the bundy ranch by masked men.

Well local Jewish groups who investigated the flyers were told they did not need to register and there was no provision to register anyone. But that doesn't mean it wasn't a clear message to the Jewish community by the local pro Russian contingent. It is logical that any "registration" would come AFTER a successful occupation, but you still have to wonder WTF is going on over there exactly.

SomeOtherGuy
04-19-14, 20:51
Well local Jewish groups who investigated the flyers were told they did not need to register and there was no provision to register anyone. But that doesn't mean it wasn't a clear message to the Jewish community by the local pro Russian contingent. It is logical that any "registration" would come AFTER a successful occupation, but you still have to wonder WTF is going on over there exactly.

Or made to look like one. Has anything similar happened in Russia lately? Or in Crimea after the Russians took over?

To me, this absolutely reeks of a false flag to get the west involved. If the pro-Russians really intended to do harm to Jews after a Russian takeover, they would probably be smart enough to hide their plans until the area was firmly and irretrievably in Russian control. Extremists may be ___ (it's hard to come up with an insult for someone who seems to be a Nazi!) but they usually aren't retarded. Remember the supposed poison gas attack by Assad in Syria, when he was pretty well winning the counterinsurgency with conventional weapons? Again, tactics that would be ridiculously stupid, used by someone not otherwise stupid, involving something specific that is a huge political provocation in the west.

SteyrAUG
04-20-14, 00:03
Or made to look like one. Has anything similar happened in Russia lately? Or in Crimea after the Russians took over?

To me, this absolutely reeks of a false flag to get the west involved. If the pro-Russians really intended to do harm to Jews after a Russian takeover, they would probably be smart enough to hide their plans until the area was firmly and irretrievably in Russian control. Extremists may be ___ (it's hard to come up with an insult for someone who seems to be a Nazi!) but they usually aren't retarded. Remember the supposed poison gas attack by Assad in Syria, when he was pretty well winning the counterinsurgency with conventional weapons? Again, tactics that would be ridiculously stupid, used by someone not otherwise stupid, involving something specific that is a huge political provocation in the west.

Could be, the problem is right now with the people involved anything is possible on both sides. The only thing nagging the back of my mind is remembering things like "The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion" first surfaced in Russia. Additionally Helena Blavatsky was also from Ukraine. And they really haven't progressed dramatically since then.

Belloc
04-20-14, 10:11
Donetsk "Letter To Jews" Found To Be A Forgery
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-04-20/donetsk-letter-jews-found-be-forgery

SomeOtherGuy
04-21-14, 09:43
From that article:

Odd because as the same USA Today further reported, "Olga Reznikova, 32, a Jewish resident of Donetsk, told Ynet she never experienced anti-Semitism in the city until she saw this leaflet."

Perversely, even the local Jewish community issued a statement saying the leaflet distribution "smells like a provocation." The chief rabbi of nearby Dnipropetrovsk, Shmuel Kaminezki said, "Everything must be done to catch them."

So the bottom line, namely that this was merely a provocation designed to generate a kneejerk emotional response from the west and paint the pro-Russia militia as neo-nazis and generally, as fascists (even though it was the ultra nationalist Right Sector that was instrumental in the overthrow of the Yanukovich government) was clear to most - even the population that was seemingly being targeted.

yellowfin
04-21-14, 17:08
I hope they each have an Uzi and/or a Tavor handy. It's just not safe to be in that part of the world right now regardless of whether they're specifically targeted or not.

MountainRaven
04-21-14, 18:48
I hope they each have an Uzi and/or a Tavor handy. It's just not safe to be in that part of the world right now regardless of whether they're specifically targeted or not.

Happily, Ukraine produces a variant of the Tavor in 5.45 under license with IWI.

Mjolnir
04-21-14, 21:11
Donetsk "Letter To Jews" Found To Be A Forgery
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-04-20/donetsk-letter-jews-found-be-forgery

Cannot believe anyone believed the news story in the first place...

-------------------------------------
"One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."

SteyrAUG
04-21-14, 21:43

-------------------------------------
"One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."

Because it's soooo implausible...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisemitism_in_Ukraine#In_Independent_Ukraine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisemitism_in_Russia

Belloc
04-22-14, 01:53

Just another example of confirmation bias.

Belloc
04-23-14, 05:13
The Smoking Pop-Gun: Obama Endorses a Forgery
http://www.lewrockwell.com/2014/04/no_author/blowback-for-an-imperial-forgery/

"On Friday, April 18, President Obama voiced his righteous indignation over anti-Semitic fliers pasted on synagogue walls in the pro-Russian eastern Ukrainian city of Donetsk. The fliers, calling on all Jews to register or face expulsion, had appeared the day before and were instantly denounced by Donetsk leaders as a gross provocation and a forgery.

The next day, however, Obama “expressed his disgust quite bluntly”. At least, that is what his hawkish national security advisor, Susan Rice, told the public. “I think we all found word of those pamphlets to be utterly sickening, and they have no place in the 21st century,” she declared.

This presidential reaction occurred 24 hours after the pamphlet in question had been thoroughly denounced as a fake, not only by the Donetsk leader, Denis Pushilin, who said his signature on the document had been forged, but by local Jewish community leaders and even by The New Republic, which cannot be accused of indifference to anti-Semitism."

SomeOtherGuy
04-23-14, 07:47
Obama and his crypto-neocon advisors doing something dishonest or participating in a fraud? SHOCKED! Shocked I say!

Next you'll tell me that his regime is quashing legitimate investigations, withholding documents, and favoring political donors while using government agencies to terrorize political adversaries.

Alex V
04-23-14, 10:47
Anti-semitism was a staple of both the Soviet Union and Imperial Russia - the past whose glory Putin seeks to recapture.

And most of those Ukrainians who fought for Hitler weren't fighting for fascism or Naziism as much as they were fighting against Uncle Jo (Stalin, not Biden) and communism - remember that less than a decade before the start of the 'Great Patriotic War' Uncle Jo intentionally starved some 3.3 million Ukrainians to death.

Exactly!

Stepan Bandera made a deal with the Nazis in order to fight the Russians and free Ukraine, because of this Moscow spread lies and propaganda for generations that Bandera was an antisemite and killed Jews along with the Nazis. This was totally false as he had Jews in his organization. As long as they wanted to kill Russians, Bandera did not care what faith the people were.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stepan_Bandera

Antisemitism was wide spread in Russia on the other hand, with slogan like "ВЕЙ ЖИДОВ СРАСАЙ РОССИЮ" [Beat Kikes, Save Russia] The Soviet government perpetuated lies about vast Antisemitism in the Ukraine but it was nowhere near the level of Russia.

Im not saying it didn't happen, I had a teacher not agree to accept me into her 1st grade class because I was Jewish. The teacher that agreed ended up having 3 Jewish boys in her class. My father was not allowed to sign drawings (he was an Engineer) because his name sounded too Jewish. After I was born, he took my mother's last name which sounded more Polish and he was then allowed to sign off. However the idea of Ukrainian Nationalists having antisemitism as a core value is totally false. They just wanted to beat some Moskali [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moskal ]

J-Dub
04-23-14, 12:28
Im still struggling to figure out why we give two shits about Ukraine.

Oh I forgot again....its that "Team Amerika, World Police" stuff again right?????? Same with every other money sucking war/conflict we've been involved with.....got it.

And to those that believe anything being publicized by the U.S. media concerning current global events.....LOL right.....

SteyrAUG
04-23-14, 12:38

I've explained this many times before and the answer is Anna Kornikova.

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/24600000/WTA-wta-24620298-1600-1200.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-J-xShtYi3a4/ThcbwBGZyCI/AAAAAAAABCY/vooAlttpp2k/s1600/Anna_Kournikova+Sexy+Tennis+Player+%25287%2529.jpg

We cannot have Putin and the Russians over there screwing up that exceptional gene pool.

SomeOtherGuy
04-23-14, 13:13

If our leaders were honorable, we would care because we signed a treaty promising to uphold their post-soviet borders in return for their giving up all (many 1000's) of the nuclear weapons left on their soil after the USSR collapsed. However, I do not believe this is a motivation among the people who actually decide.

It looks as if a pan-asian trade alliance is about to take off, and if it does the US will have a greatly diminished role in global trade, which will probably terminate the reserve currency status of the dollar. That would make the US much poorer and weaker almost overnight. To prevent this the US and its bankster friends need for Europe to look only to the US as an ally and major trade partner, and to do everything possible to keep Russia weak and isolated.

Iraq 1, Iraq 2, Iran, Libya, Syria, Egypt, Ukraine, all of these political and military conflicts related to the US dollar as the global reserve currency, particularly as the "petrodollar" used for oil transactions.

Alex V
04-23-14, 13:29
I've explained this many times before and the answer is Anna Kornikova.
We cannot have Putin and the Russians over there screwing up that exceptional gene pool.

Don't forget the Milas...

Jovovich
http://imstars.aufeminin.com/stars/fan/milla-jovovich/milla-jovovich-20071108-335950.jpg

And Kunis
http://therepublika.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/mila-kunis-thesocialnewspaper-39.jpg

Olga ain't bad either...
http://www.vsangelstribute.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Olga-Kurylenko-Feet-240025.jpg