PDA

View Full Version : Anti-NRA Protester Explains Why You Shouldn’t Be Able to Protect Yourself With a Gun

E-man930
04-18-14, 19:23
I came across this on a local board I skim from time to time, thought I would share it here as long as I'm not held responsible for anyone blowing their lid after following the link.

***Snip***

When MRCTV’s Dan Joseph talked with protesters outside the National Rifle Association’s headquarters in Fairfax, Va., earlier this week, he was able to really encapsulate the anti-gun crowd’s argument against the Second Amendment.

When asked if a person who believes their life is in danger should be able to defend themselves with a firearm, one protester simply said, “No.”

Article & vid ==> http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/04/17/watch-as-anti-nra-protester-explains-why-you-shouldnt-be-able-to-protect-yourself-with-a-gun-if-your-life-is-in-danger/

Just the vid ==> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNixl0qZShA

I swear I inch closer and closer to firmly believing that an amendment that only affords those who meet a minimum IQ standard the right to vote is the only way to stop the train and put it in reverse.

Eurodriver
04-18-14, 19:32
Middle aged white women with short hair protesting at the NRA HQ.

Color me shocked.

Reminds me of a lady of similar qualities in my city complaining that the police were violating the right to self government of minority neighborhoods by searching for a suspect after an LEO was assassinated.

Moose-Knuckle
04-18-14, 20:21
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N73840RcgYw

walkin' trails
04-19-14, 06:34
That kind of intellectual display makes me wonder if the left uses paid protesters for all their causes.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

HKGuns
04-19-14, 07:33
There is nothing you can do to fight that level of ignorance.

"Making profits is unAmerican"

drsal
04-19-14, 08:15
Just people ...... How does the old cliche go? "you can't teach pork"

Bulletdog
04-19-14, 09:37
Not surprising. I've had conversations with "peace-mongers" who told me they would not use violence to defend themselves against a violent attacker. One lady actually said to me, "Fighting back will only make your attacker MORE angry." I think the bleating sheep reference sums it up well. Good thing the whole of society does not "think" this way.

I would love to hear the one lady explain how the criminal mis-use of guns is the NRAs fault. Or how the NRA just wants money and power... As one of the millions of NRA members, I'm just wondering what I'm going to do with all my money and power once we get it. Really I would love to have a conversation with several of those people and watch them paint themselves into a corner. Am I alone here? Does no one else find entertainment in skillfully helping these sort of people to realize the utter stupidity and ignorance of their position? The eventual reaction is usually anger and lashing out, but once you get past that, many of them are actually capable of realizing which way is up. I have certainly failed more than I have succeeded at this, but the successes sure make it worth it.

ForTehNguyen
04-19-14, 09:39
some people like to be ruled and dominated. Useful idiots

Eurodriver
05-01-14, 11:19
The same woman also told Joseph that he shouldn’t be able to carry a gun in a bad neighborhood, because he shouldn’t be walking around in a bad neighborhood in the first place.

Indeed. Just like women who don't want to be raped shouldn't be wearing skimpy clothing.

Dead Man
05-01-14, 11:39
Why bother? You already know what's coming.

I'm glad my middle-aged, short-haired bored mother got into animal rescue instead of protesting gun rights. You probably could have flipped a coin, though.

Kids are gone and never call, no job, ladies' bridge meet is only on Thursdays. Feeling like they're part of a (bowel) movement gives them a sense of purpose to their otherwise expired, purposeless lives. Stupid cause, obviously, but they're otherwise harmless.

OH58D
05-01-14, 12:43
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away...or in my case, up to hours away. These protesters are like current Europeans. They have had the instinct to defend yourself bred out of them in just a couple of generations.

Irish
05-01-14, 13:19
The people he interviewed in the video are pretty silly.

Moose-Knuckle
05-01-14, 15:00
Kids are gone and never call, no job, ladies' bridge meet is only on Thursdays. Feeling like they're part of a (bowel) movement gives them a sense of purpose to their otherwise expired, purposeless lives. Stupid cause, obviously, but they're otherwise harmless.

This could be it, though I can't help but to think Bloomberg rented a luxury bus, stopped by a bingo parlor, told all the cotton tops there that he would pay for their perscriptions for an entire year if they would go and stand around in front of the NRA building with some signs. Acting coaches were on board the bus beating the script into their pea brains while they guzzled down spiked Ensure.

Abraham
05-01-14, 15:36
I talked with a guy over cigars a few years back regarding self defense. He knows I carry. That day I was carrying a Glock 19 with a spare mag and a Ruger SP 101 BUG.

Noticing me having to adjust my Ruger to accommodate the chair I was in, he self righteously stated he would NEVER use a gun to defend himself.

I asked if he would be O.K. with ME defending him with my gun if the need arose. He hesitated a bit and finally said yeah, he would be O.K. with that. All I could do was shake my head in disgust.

This same guy had previously bragged about his parents being communists and I'm willing to bet he is too.

The thing that baffles me is why lefties are against self defense. It's not logical. When I say self defense, I don't think this guy would defend himself period.

So perhaps the logic to be found is cowardice...

He did tell me he was attacked a few times as a kid. (and who hasn't had to defend themselves from bullies while growing up?) Apparently his brush with a bit of violence left him too traumatized to stick up for himself and now rationalizes being a coward is something noble.

BoringGuy45
05-01-14, 16:25
The thing that baffles me is why lefties are against self defense. It's not logical. When I say self defense, I don't think this guy would defend himself period.

It's due to the collectivist philosophy, the idea of taking your fate into your own hands is wrong and is detrimental to the oneness of society. By using violence, or anything, to defend yourself, in the collectivist's mind, you're saying that you are above some people and your right to live is greater than someone else's. In the leftist mindset, a person is nothing more than a faceless, nearly meaningless part of the system who's worth solely depends on 1) His productivity to society and 2) What the state says he is worth. The state alone gets to decide who lives and who dies in all circumstances. If someone wishes harm upon you, it is not your right to decide whether this is right or not, and not your place to resist it. Only the state is in position to decide right and wrong and to punish, or even prevent, wrongdoing. In the leftist mind, assault, robbery, and murder are not wrong because they harm people, it's because it's stealing the state's exclusive right to take property and life from individuals.