PDA

View Full Version : Falcon Bullets Coated Bullets

Straight Shooter
04-18-14, 20:56
Friends-
Check out Falcon Bullets...they've just popped with a new line of gorgeous coated bullets, for those who want to shoot lead ammo in Glocks, or to eliminate leading altogether.
These are personal, longtime friends of mine who have put heart & soul into this business and make a hellava good product.Check out their reviews online. Thanks for looking!!
Falconbullets.com

signal4l
04-19-14, 09:26
Do you have any links to some reviews?? I cant find much info about their coated bullets.

Straight Shooter
04-19-14, 09:32
Um, Im not very savy on doing links...just maybe google them? Go to the website and check them out...also got some shooters on youtube that use/endorse them.
And...the coated bullets JUST came out, so as yet might not be any reviews up yet. I do know you can get sample packs from them, just call Debby and ask about them.

thei3ug
04-20-14, 07:05
They call them FalCoated. maybe 15% cheaper than plated at first glance.

Raven Armament
04-20-14, 08:38
They were using the HiTek coating like everyone else, but I guess this is claimed to be a proprietary coating they came up with themselves. Wonder how it differs from the HiTek coating.

Straight Shooter
04-20-14, 21:59
I do know it IS proprietary. They have worked their asses off this winter working on it. They put A LOT of time, research and development into it. As to how it differs...I do not know.

thei3ug
04-21-14, 08:03
After a bit of reading, now I'm curious. Has anyone ever used resin coated lead? Are there any disadvantages over jacketed for practice?

signal4l
04-21-14, 08:52
My understanding is that the coated lead bullets are cheaper than jacketed or plated and can be fired through polyagonal rifled barrels. Less airborne lead than uncoated lead bullets. I may give these a try

Straight Shooter
04-21-14, 16:10
signal4l...you are correct sir. NO smoke, and entirely GTG with polygonal rifling.

yhmspecter
04-22-14, 10:54
Prices are not bad for 250 projectiles. I'm going to place an order tonight and report back!

markm
04-22-14, 11:02
These are personal, longtime friends of mine who have put heart & soul into this business and make a hellava good product.

Tell them to send me 20 thousand free for T&E!! :sarcastic:

Straight Shooter
04-22-14, 15:15
yhmspecter-
Please do give a report back on these, tell em them Straight Shooter told you about them! Let us know how they are!

Littlehendrick
04-23-14, 22:34
I shot about 2,500 of their non coated stuff for my 9mm's. I had great results (just going for uspsa and IDPA minor power factor. I had a set of friends who have shot about another 1,000 in 45.

I look forward to seeing what people think of their coated stuff!

Straight Shooter
04-23-14, 22:59
UPDATE: Ive been informed by the owner that they have NEVER used the HiTek coating, fwiw.
I too look forward to hearing yalls results!

Mauser KAR98K
04-23-14, 23:48
Any word when more of these coated bullets will be released? Saw nothing of their offering on their website. Would love to shoot something cheaper in my HKs.

Straight Shooter
04-25-14, 09:11
They are out now MK98K. Should be up on the website?
UPDATE: I just looked, yes they are there. On the right column it says Falcoat...click that and there they are.

glocktogo
04-25-14, 12:27
I really want to try these, but the delivered cost is several dollars higher per 1K than Xtreme plated bullets, which are very good. Unless they run some sales, they're priced out of my comfort zone. :(

TomMcC
04-25-14, 16:48
I use Bayou bullets, a green coating from Australia. I love them. Zero leading in my son's G34 poly barrel. Cheaper than plated bullets. Bayou and Falcon might be very similar in composition.