PDA

View Full Version : LMT sopmod stock question

snakedoctor
05-30-08, 10:31
what is the best way to attach a sling to this stock? it is really fat and im used to vltor stocks with a qd swivel attachment. i was thinking 550 cord or zip ties or something. just checking to see if there is a better way to attach a sling to it rather than feeding the sling through the slots.

mark5pt56
05-30-08, 10:35
MI makes a QD swivel plate for those if you require that feature. Me personally, I would run it through the slots, cheaper, lighter and less sling twisting.

TUNNEL RAT 33
05-30-08, 11:18
i'm using a single point sling on all my ar's that uses the receiver plate sling attachment . all my ar's have the sopmod

Rich776
05-30-08, 11:49
Isn't LMT coming out with a SOPMOD Stock that is able to attach a QD swivel on it soon?

jhs1969
05-30-08, 22:12
what is the best way to attach a sling to this stock? it is really fat and im used to vltor stocks with a qd swivel attachment. i was thinking 550 cord or zip ties or something. just checking to see if there is a better way to attach a sling to it rather than feeding the sling through the slots.

Well if I had a camera I could show you, If you buy a Vicker's Tactical Sling from Blue Force Gear it will have instructions (with pics) with it. It is my fav sling BTW. Basically you run the sling through a slot, lock it on the oppsite side with a slidder and your done. Send me a PM with your address if you can't figure it out and I'll try to dig it up and mail you a copy. Good luck.:cool: BTW, someone here should be able to provide pics. Let me know.