PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Troll!!!

DragonDoc
04-22-14, 15:32
I saw this on Facebook and it has to be a troll. I hope it is a troll. No one could be this stupid, right? Then again it was posted to ARF.com.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=635022009924964&set=gm.736565976387404&type=1&theater

BoringGuy45
04-22-14, 15:34
It takes a lot of talent to be able to fail that hard.

Leaveammoforme
04-22-14, 15:39
Pretty common upgrade. It's called a mid-barrel compensator. It also allows you to install a hydraulic pressure gauge so you can monitor your bore pressures.....

montanadave
04-22-14, 15:47
Pretty common upgrade. It's called a mid-barrel compensator. It also allows you to install a hydraulic pressure gauge so you can monitor your bore pressures.....

I'm listening . . .

markm
04-22-14, 15:50
There was a thread like that on here a year or two back. The guy's name makes me think he's for real. :sarcastic:

Kain
04-22-14, 15:52
No one could be this stupid, right? ]

You have a lot of faith in humanity if you don't think someone could be that stupid.

Honu
04-22-14, 15:56
I just say look at the source :)

T2C
04-22-14, 16:05

How much would you charge to perform this upgrade to one of my carbines? Would you consider taking a large box of compass bearings in trade for the work?

DragonDoc
04-22-14, 16:35
You have a lot of faith in humanity if you don't think someone could be that stupid.

I haven't completely forsaken my brethren.

GunBugBit
04-22-14, 16:38
Almost as bad are the guys who are furious that their sear nose chipped when they tightened the "trigger adjustment screw" on their 1911.

decodeddiesel
04-22-14, 16:42
There was a thread like that on here a year or two back. The guy's name makes me think he's for real. :sarcastic:

Yup, this has been around a couple of years at least...maybe more. Pretty damn hilarious, I believe this was not a troll but rather a true imbecile.

Leaveammoforme
04-22-14, 16:50
How much would you charge to perform this upgrade to one of my carbines? Would you consider taking a large box of compass bearings in trade for the work?

You make a good offer. However, you wouldn't know it if you saw me in public but, I prefer trades in hugs.

Iraqgunz
04-22-14, 16:57
Someone here a few years back did the exact same thing. After he was chastised we were subject to some kind of denial of service attack. Based on what I have seen people do here and elsewhere it's entirely plausible that it was done.

Moose-Knuckle
04-22-14, 18:25
That's almost as good as the home barrel flutting job with a Dremel, almost.

Leaveammoforme
04-22-14, 18:27
That's almost as good as the home barrel flutting job with a Dremel, almost.

The thing that made that so great was that it was real. Then he didnt even strip the lower to paint it!

TacticalSledgehammer
04-22-14, 20:03
I saw this post on Facebook earlier, but didn't reply. I'm amazed, amused, and down right shocked at some of the new ar15 owners floating around the internet. I know our mods on here probably wanna pull their hair out.

SeriousStudent
04-22-14, 20:31
I saw this post on Facebook earlier, but didn't reply. I'm amazed, amused, and down right shocked at some of the new ar15 owners floating around the internet. I know our mods on here probably wanna pull their hair out.

Negative. We all shave our heads as soon as we become mods. It's much more efficient, and much less painful.

IG is right about the fellow who posted here, that had done the same thing. The OP of that thread was trying to diagnose two problems: his carbine became a single shot, and his handguard was damaged.

I'm not kidding, I read the thread. Then I drank heavily.

Grand58742
04-22-14, 20:50
Found it:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?72733-Failure-to-cycle

Moose-Knuckle
04-22-14, 21:07
Found it:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?72733-Failure-to-cycle

Wow, just wow. This is right up there with SteyrAug's tale of a customer who called him all pissed off that he did not inform of nor supply him with fuel for his new "gas gun" . . . :lol:

SeriousStudent
04-22-14, 21:40
Yup, that's the thread.

BRB, gotta get a refill.

Grand58742
04-22-14, 21:41
Wow, just wow. This is right up there with SteyrAug's tale of a customer who called him all pissed off that he did not inform of nor supply him with fuel for his new "gas gun" . . . :lol:

I dunno, Grant's story about the dude that called him raging about the bolts that weren't in spec since the cam pin didn't fit in both sides is about as epic.

T2C
04-22-14, 21:48
You make a good offer. However, you wouldn't know it if you saw me in public but, I prefer trades in hugs.

OK, two hugs and a box of Radar contacts.

Iraqgunz
04-22-14, 21:56
No one should be surprised by this. We have people actively discussing and chopping barrels with no understanding of gas ports and the effect it has on the weapon. We had another "gunsmith genius" enlarge the port on a Noveske barrel as I recall because he thought it "undergassed".

I recently had someone proclaim that an FSB can be easily removed if damaged and replaced with a new one. Insisted it was real easy to align the FSB and make new holes.....

I am sure I could go on, but to what end. Some people get it, some do not.

Eurodriver
04-22-14, 22:04
I have met more articulate, intelligent people at reggae concerts than anywhere shooting sports related.

What is it about it that brings out the idiots?

Leaveammoforme
04-22-14, 22:07
OK, two hugs and a box of Radar contacts.

You got a deal mister. Lolz.

Dave_M
04-22-14, 22:16
Knowing just enough to be dangerous is far worse than someone who knows they have no clue. The "I've been shooting since I was seven--I think I may know a thing or two!" crowd often falls into this category.

decodeddiesel
04-22-14, 22:31
I recently had someone proclaim that an FSB can be easily removed if damaged and replaced with a new one. Insisted it was real easy to align the FSB and make new holes.....

If you're a skilled machinist with access to a Bridgeport with a DRO, and set of pin gauges, and a complete set of tooling for said mill (with end mills, stub drills, center drills, etc), and 1 in. scrap aluminum for a custom jig, then yeah sure piece of cake.

For an average jack-off in a garage with a six pack in him, using a harbor freight cordless drill with a 24 piece TiN coated drill set...well, maybe you'll get lucky ;)

SteyrAUG
04-22-14, 22:40

I considered posting that story.

SeriousStudent
04-22-14, 22:40

I am sure I could go on, but to what end. Some people get it, some do not.

If only someone would offer a training class, a technical deep-dive into how an AR is supposed to be built, and how to keep it operating.

I mean, you could learn so much from a class like that. It would be awesome.

Grand58742
04-22-14, 22:44
I considered posting that story.

You should. It sounds entertaining.

williejc
04-22-14, 22:50
Maybe we have been enjoying a new wave of consumerism where some people are buying guns because they can. Gun grab scares of the last 20 years have motivated many folks to purchase firearms that they are too stupid to own and use sensibly. But, now that they own an AR or Glock or a Mossberg pump, then they consider themselves to be experts. Anyway, I can assure all that people are becoming dumber--not smarter.

Once I heard a state rep from Mississippi say that day light savings time is necessary because "we" have lost some time over the 1000's of years. A school teacher(man)told me that some women have forward facing vaginas. A retired cop told me that you can make a rifle shoot flatter by placing the scope in extra high mounts.
I have many more examples but will stop here.

TacticalSledgehammer
04-22-14, 23:19
Negative. We all shave our heads as soon as we become mods. It's much more efficient, and much less painful.

IG is right about the fellow who posted here, that had done the same thing. The OP of that thread was trying to diagnose two problems: his carbine became a single shot, and his handguard was damaged.

I'm not kidding, I read the thread. Then I drank heavily.

Haha. Well tell us what you're drinking at least! Maybe it'll help us all deal with trolls and idiots better.

C-grunt
04-23-14, 00:01
Reminds me of the guy who put NOS in his motorcycle.

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226570

Leaveammoforme
04-23-14, 00:09

161 pages of people thinking he was serious about dumping 2 bottles of energy drinks in his tank. I like how he kept bringing up higher octane being better but nobody knew enough to take the bait.

SilverBullet432
04-23-14, 00:14

�������������� wow that's funny!!

Iraqgunz
04-23-14, 00:37
Agreed, but according to the internet it's really easy. Kind of like putting Lego's together, just different.

If only someone would offer a training class, a technical deep-dive into how an AR is supposed to be built, and how to keep it operating.

I mean, you could learn so much from a class like that. It would be awesome.

LHS
04-23-14, 01:11
Agreed, but according to the internet it's really easy. Kind of like putting Lego's together, just different.

I've heard it's a lot like dressing up a Barbie doll, and little kids can do that just fine. How hard can it be?

SteyrAUG
04-23-14, 01:30
You should. It sounds entertaining.

True Tales Of The FFL: "OK, maybe Some People Shouldn't Have Guns"... (Page 1 of 3)

SteyrAUG
Purveyor Of Fine Arms
Company Rep
Dealer

USA USA

Posted: 7/7/2004 12:46:38 AM

Pretty sad sign of the times.

A couple weeks ago had a new guy looking to get his first gun. Pretty much wanted what most guys want, an all purpose one tool for the job kind of rifle that he could use for recreational bench shooting, home defense and to rule his small feifdom if the shit ever hits the fan. Of course I recomended an AR15 and he finally decided on a Bushmaster 20" HBar.

Struck me as the intellectual type and he asked a lot of questions regarding configuration, options and accessories. Ordered a case, a few mags (I told him to wait a couple months to see what way the AW Ban renewal goes before grabbing 10+) and some ammo.

Anway his rifle arrived today and I called him so he could pick it up. Took care of the call in, etc. and he was out the door.

About 1/2 hour later I get the call.

He read in the manual that the rifle was "gas operated." He was kinda annoyed I didn't tell him it was gas operated because it sounds like a PIA and he wished he ordered some rifle gas with the other stuff. He wanted to know if he could use regular gas from the gas station and where you put it in the rifle. He had said he found the "gas tube" but didn't see a way to fill it.

After I explained things to him I'm not sure if he really felt better.

Oh well at least now he understands how a "gas operated" rifle functions.

When he comes back for more mags later I might yank his chain and tell him he needs a new "gas piston."

Please teach your 10 year old the concept of a "gas operated" rifle to spare them future embarrassment.

Mauser KAR98K
04-23-14, 02:16
True Tales Of The FFL: "OK, maybe Some People Shouldn't Have Guns"... (Page 1 of 3)

SteyrAUG
Purveyor Of Fine Arms
Company Rep
Dealer

USA USA

Posted: 7/7/2004 12:46:38 AM

Pretty sad sign of the times.

A couple weeks ago had a new guy looking to get his first gun. Pretty much wanted what most guys want, an all purpose one tool for the job kind of rifle that he could use for recreational bench shooting, home defense and to rule his small feifdom if the shit ever hits the fan. Of course I recomended an AR15 and he finally decided on a Bushmaster 20" HBar.

Struck me as the intellectual type and he asked a lot of questions regarding configuration, options and accessories. Ordered a case, a few mags (I told him to wait a couple months to see what way the AW Ban renewal goes before grabbing 10+) and some ammo.

Anway his rifle arrived today and I called him so he could pick it up. Took care of the call in, etc. and he was out the door.

About 1/2 hour later I get the call.

He read in the manual that the rifle was "gas operated." He was kinda annoyed I didn't tell him it was gas operated because it sounds like a PIA and he wished he ordered some rifle gas with the other stuff. He wanted to know if he could use regular gas from the gas station and where you put it in the rifle. He had said he found the "gas tube" but didn't see a way to fill it.

After I explained things to him I'm not sure if he really felt better.

Oh well at least now he understands how a "gas operated" rifle functions.

When he comes back for more mags later I might yank his chain and tell him he needs a new "gas piston."

Please teach your 10 year old the concept of a "gas operated" rifle to spare them future embarrassment.

Steyr: You are very nice and patient man. For I would have told him 100 No-lead aviation gas and dip the bolt in it and shoot away.

NWPilgrim
04-23-14, 03:06
Isn't the gas cap that thing that flips up in end if the buttstock?! Or is that the oiler?

:D

The_War_Wagon
04-23-14, 07:03
I was going to question the "intellectual sort," since he bought a BUShamster :rolleyes: , but then I noted this was back in 2004. I'll cut him a little slack, in that respect.

Dozer
04-23-14, 17:35
I know Tony, he's definitely trolling.

SeriousStudent
04-23-14, 21:14
I know Tony, he's definitely trolling.

A-Ha! Is he a relative of Gecko45? Now that fellow is a master!

Tell Tony "well done" for us. :cool:

Grand58742
04-23-14, 22:05
A-Ha! Is he a relative of Gecko45? Now that fellow is a master!

Tell Tony "well done" for us. :cool:

Now that's a name I haven't heard in ages. I'm not sure what the term would be that transcends "epic," but Gecko45 certainly did it.

ColtSeavers
04-23-14, 22:14
Now that's a name I haven't heard in ages. I'm not sure what the term would be that transcends "epic," but Gecko45 certainly did it.

Legend

Wait for it

ary

Grand58742
04-23-14, 22:34
Legend

Wait for it

ary

Speaking of legendary, I did have to explain the story being the tactical wheelbarrow was the other day.

SeriousStudent
04-23-14, 23:11
Speaking of legendary, I did have to explain the story being the tactical wheelbarrow was the other day.

Yeah, Melvin is out of prison, and actually posted on another forum a couple of months ago. It took almost a day for him to get banned, I guess he's slowing down in his old age.

Grand58742
04-23-14, 23:13
Yeah, Melvin is out of prison, and actually posted on another forum a couple of months ago. It took almost a day for him to get banned, I guess he's slowing down in his old age.

I think he was on another board I used to frequent. We weren't sure, but the ISP showed Oklahoma so the conditional factors were close. Seemed a little off and certainly wasn't like 15 posts per minute, but was kind of the same quirky postings he was renowned for.

SeriousStudent
04-23-14, 23:29
Something along the lines of suppressed .22 AR's and debarked Chihuahua's?

Yeah, Gunkid was a piece of work.

G19A3
04-24-14, 01:23
What are all you guys laughing at?

I wanted to do the same thing but in reverse. I bought a midlength and didn't like it and wanted to convert to a carbine length. So I measured TWICE and moved the gas block back.

Same thing....the rifle became a single shot.
:jester:

SteyrAUG
04-24-14, 03:32
Something along the lines of suppressed .22 AR's and debarked Chihuahua's?

Yeah, Gunkid was a piece of work.

Say what you want about TOS and what it became, in the "old days" it was a lot of fun and was the center of my internet world. I'm just glad I got to experience it before it evolved into something else.

Too many "classic moments" to name.

markm
04-24-14, 10:21
Say what you want about TOS and what it became, in the "old days" it was a lot of fun and was the center of my internet world. I'm just glad I got to experience it before it evolved into something else.

Too many "classic moments" to name.

It was a riot. I'd have arguments with myself via troll accounts. Now it's full of video gaming faggots who've transitioned from Call of Duty, through airsoft, and now own real guns.

Sadly these mouth breathers are the river of money in the gun industry, and the STAFF at ARFCOM protects their herd of retards like seasoned sheep dogs.

Make an intelligent post over there, and you're ON THE RADAR. I've done this experiment several times.... I get disabled accounts with no notice or explanation. "You aint ferm around here, boy..... with complete sentences and factually correct advice!"

decodeddiesel
04-24-14, 10:25
It was a riot. I'd have arguments with myself via troll accounts. Now it's full of video gaming faggots who've transitioned from Call of Duty, through airsoft, and now own real guns.

Sadly these mouth breathers are the river of money in the gun industry, and the STAFF at ARFCOM protects their herd of retards like seasoned sheep dogs.

Make an intelligent post over there, and you're ON THE RADAR. I've done this experiment several times.... I get disabled accounts with no notice or explanation. "You aint ferm around here, boy..... with complete sentences and factually correct advice!"

Tell us how you really feel!

I agree, aside from their EE I have been avoiding TOS for years now.

ETA: I bolded this section because this is becoming a common theme on numerous gun boards nowadays. TOS is the champion, but even M4C has seen this clown time and time again.

markm
04-24-14, 10:59
All of their lingo and goofball language was rooted in nerd gamer speak for a while. I haven't visted the forums recently...

But my last membership there I had these fag sticks calling me a "13er". They mindlessly ape one another. I can just see some middle aged fat bald guy typing "13er" on the internut after trying to colormatch his new furniture.

The whole batch of idiots is a facinating Sociology study really.

decodeddiesel
04-24-14, 11:07
"13er"? Like thirteen-er?

I confess, I don't get it. Is it like Seal Team 13 Super Elite Tactical Bin Laden Hunter?

Leaveammoforme
04-24-14, 11:18
"13er"? Like thirteen-er?

I confess, I don't get it. Is it like Seal Team 13 Super Elite Tactical Bin Laden Hunter?

I googled it. 13er supposedly means your join year was 2013.

SteyrAUG
04-24-14, 16:15
All of their lingo and goofball language was rooted in nerd gamer speak for a while. I haven't visted the forums recently...

But my last membership there I had these fag sticks calling me a "13er". They mindlessly ape one another. I can just see some middle aged fat bald guy typing "13er" on the internut after trying to colormatch his new furniture.

The whole batch of idiots is a facinating Sociology study really.

LOL. Remember my Social Experiment threads?

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=189780

Ed L.
04-24-14, 17:59
Edited to add: people already found the thread:
from: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?72733-Failure-to-cycle&highlight=embarrassed

Ok here's the run down on my build. It started as a 16" carbine which I switched over to a mid length MOE hand guard and a mid length gas tube. I then simply moved the gas block forward and put everything back together the way I felt it should be. Obvious problem is the gun won't cycle. Fires great and is dead on with my iron sights. Problem 2 is after just about each shot the hand guards were popping out of the delta ring. I'm thinking and this is just a new guys guess that i don't have the gas tube back far enough or the Hot Shot Ammo I got yesterday is crap??

I think after a certain amount of productive posts on this board, members in good standing should be allowed a limited number of troll posts.

Don't members get a certain number of demerits on this board before being banned?

Since I have not received any to my knowledge, I should be allowed to make a limited number of questionable posts.

And, no, I am not serious.