PDA

View Full Version : safariland 7280 and 7360/7365, universal light bearing holsters

trinydex
04-22-14, 17:09
i recently did some shopping with safariland. i went through holstersops.com--their customer service is pretty insanely good. the knowledge of the catalog and feature sets of all the different holster systems was exactly what i needed. i basically asked if something existed: the lady said yes, it does, but you have to wait for safariland factory to fulfill that order. however, we also have this coming out and it's made here so the turnaround time is much less and order fulfillment will be quicker. let me send you an email showing you all the features and you can call me back and decide if you want to order that instead.

so she turns me onto the new product line 7280. it's not out yet, but the level iii retention cousin, 7360/7365, is out already.

so looking at the pictures of this thing:

http://www.copquest.com/23-1450_safariland-7ts-7360-alshort-sleevels-level-3-retention-mid-ride.htm

one holster fits all 3 major pistol lights. whut?

has anyone had any experience with these things yet?

Jim D
05-02-14, 20:05
i recently did some shopping with safariland. i went through holstersops.com--their customer service is pretty insanely good. the knowledge of the catalog and feature sets of all the different holster systems was exactly what i needed. i basically asked if something existed: the lady said yes, it does, but you have to wait for safariland factory to fulfill that order. however, we also have this coming out and it's made here so the turnaround time is much less and order fulfillment will be quicker. let me send you an email showing you all the features and you can call me back and decide if you want to order that instead.

so she turns me onto the new product line 7280. it's not out yet, but the level iii retention cousin, 7360/7365, is out already.

so looking at the pictures of this thing:

http://www.copquest.com/23-1450_safariland-7ts-7360-alshort-sleevels-level-3-retention-mid-ride.htm

one holster fits all 3 major pistol lights. whut?

has anyone had any experience with these things yet?
That holster is EXPECTED to be finished this summer. It's not ready yet for any WML fits.

Most Safariland holsters fit the M3/TLR1/X300/X300U/APL with the same fit:
http://safariland.com/DutyGear/info/willfit/PT%203_03-28_14_Duty%20and%20Tactical%20holsters%20with%20Lights-Pistols.pdf

mikelowrey
05-02-14, 21:00
Been reading about the new line (7ts) and looks very good. There is a couple of YouTube videos that shows you the holster. Right now I am aware only the ones without lights are available, so I am waiting for that one you posted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

trinydex
05-02-14, 22:44
That holster is EXPECTED to be finished this summer. It's not ready yet for any WML fits.

Most Safariland holsters fit the M3/TLR1/X300/X300U/APL with the same fit:
http://safariland.com/DutyGear/info/willfit/PT%203_03-28_14_Duty%20and%20Tactical%20holsters%20with%20Lights-Pistols.pdf

thanks for the info. summer is right around the corner.

Jim D
05-03-14, 00:09
thanks for the info. summer is right around the corner.

Yep, and the Surefire X400G was released 2 years ago at SHOT . ;)

I have a 7360 personally, and it's a great holster. It's functionally identical to the 6360, just lighter, no suede lining, and a little less expensive.

If you want a light bearing holster now, the 6390's/6377's and 6280's will all work just the same, just without the above mentioned perks.

Jim D
05-03-14, 00:12
double...

Kain
05-03-14, 00:20
Yep, and the Surefire X400G was released 2 years ago at SHOT . ;)

I have a 7360 personally, and it's a great holster. It's functionally identical to the 6360, just lighter, no suede lining, and a little less expensive.

If you want a light bearing holster now, the 6390's/6377's and 6280's will all work just the same, just without the above mentioned perks.

I have a 6377 or is it a 6378? Anyway, is one or the other, and it will take the TLR1(Which I had when I originally bought it) and the X300, never tried any other lights. As far as the X300U, well not quite. If you pop out the cap that is on the bottom the X300U will fit, though the lens is exposed to possible debris. I would prefer a similar holster, with only ALS retention and no hood, at the price point of the 6378 that was set up for the X300U for my battle belt since I am a little more comfortable with some locking set up than just straight kydex retention, otherwise would have gone straight that route by now.

Kain
05-03-14, 00:21
Double. Damn Internet.

Shane1
05-03-14, 12:59
Kain,

You can get a replacement light cap from Safariland for the X300U.

Kain
05-03-14, 13:02
Kain,

You can get a replacement light cap from Safariland for the X300U.

Really? I had not seen that. Will need to find one and order it. Thanks.

Kain
05-16-14, 14:08
Quick update for the 6378 I have. Contacted Safariland about the light cap for it so that it would accept the X300U. They replied quickly and asked for my address and sent me one for it. Took right at 2 weeks, though I am not going to bitch since it didn't cost me anything and they were quick to the point. Would have been happy to have ordered the part if they did offer it for sale, either as an upgraded part or replacement part.

Installed it, and will say that is does require a little finagling to get in and positioned so the light isn't still trying to push it out. However, once I got it in just so it fits well. Two small things I have noticed with it running an X300U over having run a TLR1 in the same holster. First, where as with the TLR1 you could just about drop the pistol into the holster and it would click into retention with the X300U and the extended light cap you do have to insert and press down a little bit to achieve lock up. Not a huge issue, and a hell of a lot better than trying to do the same with the original light cap which required a lot of force to achieve lock. Unlike with the original light cap though the new one does not require excessive amounts of force to work the ALS lever and break retention. Second observation has been this. With the original light cap and a TLR1 there was a slight rattle to the holster when my glock was in it as it would click against the inside of it. With the new light cap for the X300U in which the bezel of the light is actually being captured in a depression of the light cap there a much decreased amount of movement and rattle. Akin to if when I was using the TLR1 I cranked the tightening screw down to the point that the pistol could not be removed from the holster.

All in all I have to give Safariland props and would even say that the holster has been improved by the little piece of plastic. For a Holster I think I paid $40 for a few years ago I can not bitch at all.

Only thing I would like to know now is if the current production of these holsters are shipping with the new light cap to accommodate the X300U.

trinydex
10-24-14, 14:10
http://www.copquest.com/safariland-7ts-7280-sls-level-2-retention-mid-ride_23-1330.htm

looks like these things are for sale now.

trinydex
11-28-14, 15:42
update, i received my lightbearing ALS 7ts holster from holster ops

http://www.holsterops.com/cutdown-7ts-paddle-light

this thing is pretty awesome. very smooth draw, just like they show in the product demo videos. additionally this will fit a g26 without light, it locks up like normal.

i have paul howe's glass assault tool on my surefire x300. you need to cut about a centimeter more out of the factory drainage slot/hole and the glass assault tool will peek out slightly.

edit to add: I want to include this post I wrote in another thread, just for completeness.

Tell me more about this whole "everything fits in one holster"?
I was trying to find a standard 7TS ALS (like a 7390/7395 http://www.safariland.com/retention/model-7395-7ts-als--low-ride-duty-holster-34844.html) that fits a G17 + X300U that I could try bolting to my leg shroud, but it seems the only ones I could find were some weird "concealment cut" version (https://dsgarms.com/saf7378-832-411), not the standard ALS type. It doesn't seem to come in tan either... :(
What am I missing?
I guess if the 3-hole spacing is correct it shouldn't really matter, right?
Or are you using a different model?

http://www.holsterops.com/cutdown-7ts-paddle-light
this is what you want right here. holsterops actually offers a semi custom version that has the rear sight area cut down. I actually like this modification.

i highly recommend anyone that is going to buy one of these holsters get the light bearing version linked above. this version is sized for a g17/22 with a generic light bearing cavity that fits a large variety of lights. ADDITIONALLY it will fit and retain a g17/22/19/23/26/27 WITHOUT the light attached. as in the als locking mechanism will engage and the pistol draws and reholsters with full als functionality. essentially there is no reason to buy a non light bearing holster!

ADDITIONALLY!!! this holster will fit, or hold without retention, the above listed guns with slide locked back (with or without light). obviously the als mechanism cannot engage on a gun with the slide locked back, because the mechanism engages the ejection port. however, this is still a very useful feature for those days when you're at the range and you don't have 3 hands or at a competition of some sort that has rules about guns being unloaded after each stage and carried with the slide back or with a chamber flag.

if you want to purchase one of these, i say purchase from holsterops, their customer service is great. holsterops sales staff is knowledgeable about each model that is available and those that are not available. you can call in and order just the holster body if you want or order a package that includes other mounting options not available in a holsterops package. if you already have all the safariland mounting options you want, there's no need to order extra belt loops or drop leg panels that you do not need.

as you can see i have this holster in both tan and black.

the tan holster has a surefire x300 inside it. the black holster has no light inside it.