PDA

View Full Version : Colt Socom II H-2 Buffer

greyman556
04-23-14, 21:17
Colt Socom II has H-2 Buffer; how can you know if it has heavy duty or standard action spring?
I want to replace with Blue Springco if it is standard buffer (action) spring.

MarkG
04-23-14, 21:35
Colt only uses one carbine action spring. There is no need for a any other kind of spring.

markm
04-24-14, 08:37
Colt only uses one carbine action spring. There is no need for a any other kind of spring.

Agreed. Don't put that nonsense in a Colt.

decodeddiesel
04-24-14, 10:32
Colt Socom II has H-2 Buffer; how can you know if it has heavy duty or standard action spring?

What do you think this spring will do for you?

BufordTJustice
04-24-14, 10:53
While I'm not opposed to using aftermarket springs, if you want modify the recoil stroke of the rifle, an h3 buffer would be a better starting point.

If you wanted an aftermarket spring, go with the Springco WHITE. It is std power and is slightly more linear than a std carbine spring. It's as close as you're gonna get to an A5 or rifle system without doing major parts changes.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Zirk208
04-25-14, 09:42

Is your gun currently having cycling issues as is?

F-Trooper05
04-25-14, 11:51
Would the spring need to be changed if you were running a middy upper on it? I currently have a complete Colt SOCOM lower and a 14.5 BCM middy upper. I typically only shoot M855 through it and haven't had any issues, but yesterday my buddy ran his duty ammo through it (.223 Winchester Ranger) and it didn't cycle for shit.

markm
04-25-14, 11:58
Would the spring need to be changed if you were running a middy upper on it? I currently have a complete Colt SOCOM lower and a 14.5 BCM middy upper. I typically only shoot M855 through it and haven't had any issues, but yesterday my buddy ran his duty ammo through it (.223 Winchester Ranger) and it didn't cycle for shit.

The spring is NEVER the answer in my opinion. What buffer and Muzzle device are in use on that middy?

F-Trooper05
04-25-14, 12:37
Colt H2 buffer and spring, and BCM Battlecomp.

markm
04-25-14, 12:49
Well... I'm running an H buffer on my older 14.5 BCM Middy because that seemed to be where it balanced out best. The newer ELW 14.5 middy is running on an A5 (H2) buffer system.

Did the cycling/ejection seem week with the WIN ammo? It's hard to say where the issue is... but WIN recalls so much of their ammo, I wouldn't rule that load out.

F-Trooper05
04-25-14, 12:55
The WIN ammo was incredibly weak. I was watching the BCG, and it was barely moving rearwards at all. I'm not too worried about it since Green Tip runs fine, I was just curious. I have an H-buffer in another 14.5 middy, but I haven't tried his ammo in it yet.

markm
04-25-14, 13:21
If you get a chance, look at your gas tube end in the upper. See if it still has that bulb shape to it. I had one go completely flat all the way around and was losing gas there.... bad.

It'd make mild ammo function very poorly.

MarkG
04-25-14, 17:01
... but yesterday my buddy ran his duty ammo through it (.223 Winchester Ranger) and it didn't cycle for shit.

Soft point garbage... Designed for LE agencies who don't know better or are hamstrung by inept decision makers.