PDA

View Full Version : Lower fit to VLTOR VIS ????

billybronco
05-30-08, 17:29
Hey hey,

Well, Grant got my CC number today.....Noveske N4 Recce barrel, PRI charging handle, got the VIS already, Surefire flash suppressor, with LMT BCG.

Think I did pretty well...He's getting the VIS in the mail next week.

Anyhow....my Armalite M15A4 has a shitty fit with regards to upper and lower. It drives me nuts. I feel that with such a high quality of components already started that I need to continue the trend.

I was dying for a nice billet lower; however, who knows if/when the "you know what" is coming out. Plus, I know it's retarded to worry about the designs and typefaces on some of the magwells but most of them are horrible....No names mentioned.

Okay, here's my actual question...Finally.

What's the best guess as far as quality, fit and finish with lowers MATING TO A VLTOR VIS, mind you....not simply in general.

Also, if billet is a weaker method of mfg, why in the hell do it?????? Coolness factor? The only reason I was even thinking about one was fit. That's all....

C4IGrant
05-30-08, 17:50
Hey hey,

Well, Grant got my CC number today.....Noveske N4 Recce barrel, PRI charging handle, got the VIS already, Surefire flash suppressor, with LMT BCG.

Think I did pretty well...He's getting the VIS in the mail next week.

Anyhow....my Armalite M15A4 has a shitty fit with regards to upper and lower. It drives me nuts. I feel that with such a high quality of components already started that I need to continue the trend.

I was dying for a nice billet lower; however, who knows if/when the "you know what" is coming out. Plus, I know it's retarded to worry about the designs and typefaces on some of the magwells but most of them are horrible....No names mentioned.

Okay, here's my actual question...Finally.

What's the best guess as far as quality, fit and finish with lowers MATING TO A VLTOR VIS, mind you....not simply in general.

Also, if billet is a weaker method of mfg, why in the hell do it?????? Coolness factor? The only reason I was even thinking about one was fit. That's all....

It is really hard to say what will fit with a VIS the best. If you want (while we have your VIS in the shop) we can check the fit on a couple different lowers.

C4

billybronco
05-30-08, 19:38
AWESOME....

I had planned on requesting such but obviously forgot.

I'm so stoked.

Severian
05-30-08, 23:28
blank

AnchorArmament
05-31-08, 07:28
A POF or an SM-15 from SMOS would work well.

http://1.1.1.5/bmi/www.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/896/8961206de6814d34900cfa7555cdb3e71b23a3.jpg

http://1.1.1.5/bmi/us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-94795624551092_2004_0

wild_wild_wes
06-01-08, 17:06
I have two VIS uppers.

The first one I bought a year ago fits very well on my three Bushmaster lowers.

The one I bought a few months ago...has to be hammered into place on the same lowers. The front pin has to tapped into and out of dentent with a punch.

HAMMERDROP
06-08-08, 01:34
With a Sun Devil Lower, its billet and rather inexpensive considering it has a nylon tipped tension screw which will remove any less than perfect fit as this is the lower Grant and I discussed and I got from G&R last year, have been getting some sick groups with that rifle Grant - thanks

Michael