PDA

View Full Version : I could be ruined

RWH24
04-25-14, 20:41
I was picking up my new M&P9L Grant shipped to Texas for me today when, The store owner showed me something new in his showcase.
A Sig 227 SAS. Short trigger with the SRT and night sights. It is the DA/SA pistol.

It felt wonderful in my meat hooks. I kidingly asked what he would allow on a very nice NIB M&P!

You Sig fans, if you have not handled a 227, you owe it to yourself to wrap your hands around it.

The DA trigger on the 227 was smoother than my 226 9mm which has been shot some.

Heaven, I was in Heaven... My 20th wedding anniversary is later this year, it may be on my gift list for the wife to buy me. Our jeweler is just down the road from the gun shop so we can kill 2 birds in one trip!

Tzintzuntzan
04-25-14, 23:31
I was picking up my new M&P9L Grant shipped to Texas for me today when, The store owner showed me something new in his showcase.
A Sig 227 SAS. Short trigger with the SRT and night sights. It is the DA/SA pistol.

It felt wonderful in my meat hooks. I kidingly asked what he would allow on a very nice NIB M&P!

You Sig fans, if you have not handled a 227, you owe it to yourself to wrap your hands around it.

The DA trigger on the 227 was smoother than my 226 9mm which has been shot some.

Heaven, I was in Heaven... My 20th wedding anniversary is later this year, it may be on my gift list for the wife to buy me. Our jeweler is just down the road from the gun shop so we can kill 2 birds in one trip!

If it is as reliable as Sigs are supposed to be you will be kicking yourself if it doesn't go home with you at some point. I know Sigs of late have had a bad track record but I can't help but feel like I want to give them another chance since they are typically accurate with smooth triggers.

Sensei
04-26-14, 04:17

Yeah, I got me some P227...

I just added a Bruce Grey Precision Intermediate Trigger to both pistols and an SRT to the full size. Bruce's trigger is amazing; eliminates over travel and bite.

CharlieDeltaJuliet
04-26-14, 08:00
Ahh, I love my Sigs. I am just waiting to catch a P227 to show up in my LGS (that's why I have been hiding from there). I know it will come home with me..

RWH24
04-26-14, 08:14
If it is as reliable as Sigs are supposed to be you will be kicking yourself if it doesn't go home with you at some point. I know Sigs of late have had a bad track record but I can't help but feel like I want to give them another chance since they are typically accurate with smooth triggers.
When I dropped the mag, racked the slide, pulled the trigger and used the decocker, it all felt Sig front to back. Dry fire was Sig sounding, it all worked like one of my original Sig 226's from the early 90's. It will be my next Sig purchase.

COZ ZINZKI
04-26-14, 08:56
Ahh, I love my Sigs. I am just waiting to catch a P227 to show up in my LGS (that's why I have been hiding from there). I know it will come home with me..
You got that right.... HAPPENED TO ME.
We went in to look and get a manageable pistol for Marlo..... came out with a P-227 FOR ME.

RWH24
04-26-14, 14:05
The 227 SAS Gen 2 I fondled was priced at $1095.00. Almost and up to 200 $$ more than some Gun Broker sights.

I could get 2 M&P 45's from Grant for that. 1 for each hand, Twice the capacity!

brushy bill
04-26-14, 14:32
The fact that they are lower quality and higher priced than comparable HKs is stupefying. I can only surmise there are people who don't know about Cohen's changes and will purchase based on the reputation from years past.

Quick Draw
04-26-14, 14:40
Saw the title of your thread and thought that your new AIWB holster purchase had gone bad.

Glad it turned into a Sig craving.

125 mph
04-26-14, 15:28
I checked out a 227 at my LGS. It felt great in my hand and had a very nice trigger. I won't be first in line to buy one, but if it can go a year or two without showing any major issues I'll probably pick one up.

Hwikek
04-26-14, 16:00
I keep hearing that recent Sigs are a lot more good to go than they've been in the recent past. I just can't help but feel skeptical.

RWH24
04-26-14, 18:34
Saw the title of your thread and thought that your new AIWB holster purchase had gone bad.

Glad it turned into a Sig craving.
I did not type in a HIGH PITCHED Voice! :no:

Sensei
04-26-14, 20:33
The 227 SAS Gen 2 I fondled was priced at $1095.00. Almost and up to 200 $$ more than some Gun Broker sights.

I could get 2 M&P 45's from Grant for that. 1 for each hand, Twice the capacity!

You should be able to find a SAS for about $900. Check with Topgun Shooting Supply when they get more inventory.

decodeddiesel
04-29-14, 19:35

I lol'ed (literally)

OP, sorry if this bursts your bubble. (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?149928-So-The-SIG-P227-Is-Still-Gonna-Be-A-POS-Right)

LowSpeed_HighDrag
04-30-14, 02:08
The fact that they are lower quality and higher priced than comparable HKs is stupefying. I can only surmise there are people who don't know about Cohen's changes and will purchase based on the reputation from years past.

IMO, there is no HK currently in MFG that has a nice trigger like the Sig's.

montrala
04-30-14, 05:57
IMO, there is no HK currently in MFG that has a nice trigger like the Sig's.

It depends on personal view on pistol purpose. Some prefer those who shoot every time they want them to shoot, some prefer those who have nice triggers. All is personal choice and there are no ideal solutions. If they were, world would be very boring place ;)

streck
04-30-14, 07:25
I checked out the 227 SAS at the NRA show and was very impressed. Nice gun.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
04-30-14, 09:43
It depends on personal view on pistol purpose. Some prefer those who shoot every time they want them to shoot, some prefer those who have nice triggers. All is personal choice and there are no ideal solutions. If they were, world would be very boring place ;)

Ive owned 3 Sigs and 1 HK. Still have the HK lol. I just wish it had a trigger that didn't ride the short bus to school.

ralph
04-30-14, 10:58
Ive owned 3 Sigs and 1 HK. Still have the HK lol. I just wish it had a trigger that didn't ride the short bus to school.

Actually, I've noticed a number of things with HK triggers.. First, I see this a lot over at HKpro, where I lurk from time to time. I use them as a example because I get the feeling that a lot of folks over there, just don't shoot as much as many here, do. As a result, they never get the guns triggers fully smoothed out from actual shooting..(Low Speed, I'm NOT saying that you don't shoot a lot,or that you don't know what you're talking about) But you see a lot of complaints over there, as well as people sending them off to B.Springfield for a "trigger job" (aka hack job) without ever giving the pistols a chance to smooth out. I've got a P-2000 LEM that has about 4k through it, It is very smooth, I've also got a HK45t I bought a couple months ago, when I first got it the DA pull was rough, stiff. Now after about 1k through it, it has improved quite a bit, Now, it's just a stiff DA pull, manageable, but stiff. I'm going to try a Wolfe USP45 12lb hammer spring in it, from what I can find out, the HK45, and USP45 use the same springs. I'm hoping this spring change will reduce the DA pull by about a pound, to pound and half, and have no reliability problems. If this works, it should be very shootable.

RWH24
04-30-14, 11:50
I lol'ed (literally)

OP, sorry if this bursts your bubble. (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?149928-So-The-SIG-P227-Is-Still-Gonna-Be-A-POS-Right)
Some 227 issues showing up on YouTube reviews, mechanical breakage.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNoTTTPPzsc

Sensei
04-30-14, 17:32

I'm not sure this breakage is unique to the P227. I've read other recent reports of the pin that retains the sear spring under tension breaking in models other than the P227. This breaking deadlines the gun since the protruding sear spring locks up the slide.

decodeddiesel
05-01-14, 00:32

Yeah, I've seen these and honestly they tell me to hold off for a little while until they (Sig) straighten this pistol out a little more. I'll admit, it's a really cool .45

RWH24
05-01-14, 08:50
I'm not sure this breakage is unique to the P227. I've read other recent reports of the pin that retains the sear spring under tension breaking in models other than the P227. This breaking deadlines the gun since the protruding sear spring locks up the slide.
In the 17 years as Agency Armorer with Sig 226 pistols x 50 sworn Deputies, the worst thing I had happen was a seat spring damaged the finish on a pistol and one grip panel. Dippy Deputy didn't see a need to report this problem. We had 5 Sig 220's also in the mix.
I would tend to believe a bad batch of pins used in this operation. It could be a bad install also. Never removed one or installed one.

JMarcus
05-01-14, 17:59
Congrats on approaching the 20 year mark with your wife. I wish I could get my hands on a 227 SAS.

bighawk
05-01-14, 18:37
I've been looking to get a new 45 and Sigs have always felt great to me. This just might have to come home with me if I see on at my LGS.

gtmtnbiker98
05-01-14, 20:25
I own a standard length P227R and taking delivery of a P227R Carry on Sunday. Yes, I like them!