PDA

View Full Version : Bravo Company - Shipping Boxes?

Fpnunes
04-26-14, 11:34
I'm placing the upper for my new BCM KMR full upper this weekend (woot!) and am debating getting it sent to work. Can anyone comment on what the shipping boxes look like? My work would frown upon readily recognizable firearms references and I won't have anyone at home to receive it.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Blak1508
04-26-14, 11:38
Ask Bcm for a signature requirement, post office will leave a receipt, you go to postoffice with receipt and pick up your package. Done deal, But it depends on the box. I doubt they will have any markings indicating a firearm upper.

Ryno12
04-26-14, 12:04
I don't have the dimensions but their normal box for uppers/barrels is an equal sided rectangular box and is the typical cardboard brown color with the "BCM" logo on the side. I'm sure someone can post a pic. Mine have all been tossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HighDesert
04-26-14, 12:13
On all mine they had the barrel length and gas system written in sharpie on the side of the shipping box. Dont remember about the logo.

VIP3R 237
04-26-14, 12:16
You are lucky I got my KMR 13 in today ;)

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/Jason_Prisbrey/20140426_111431_zpsdd9733d4.jpg

Ryno12
04-26-14, 12:20

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/Jason_Prisbrey/20140426_111431_zpsdd9733d4.jpg

Yep, there it is...

Packing material still compliments of the USPS?? :)

Wolfhound86
04-26-14, 14:05
My BCM upper came as shown in the picture above, brown cardboard with star and letters BCM in black. So if your coworkers don't know about the brand BCM and the fact that they are an AR manufacturer they shouldn't know what's in the box. You should be good.

SeriousStudent
04-26-14, 14:23
My BCM upper came as shown in the picture above, brown cardboard with star and letters BCM in black. So if your coworkers don't know about the brand BCM and the fact that they are an AR manufacturer they shouldn't know what's in the box. You should be good.

Tell them it's Baptist Christian Missionaries. If they push it, offer to bring some literature to their house - very early Sunday morning. ;)

Ryno12
04-26-14, 15:15
Tell them it's Baptist Christian Missionaries. If they push it, offer to bring some literature to their house - very early Sunday morning. ;)

I was thinking Baylor College of Medicine but I like your idea better.

Fpnunes
04-26-14, 15:38

That is AWESOME! I may do that. To everyone else - thanks so much for posting. That pic is exactly what I needed and I should be good to go. :)

Fpnunes
04-26-14, 15:39

Congrats - that is exactly what I am ordering.

GH41
04-26-14, 17:05
I'm placing the upper for my new BCM KMR full upper this weekend (woot!) and am debating getting it sent to work. Can anyone comment on what the shipping boxes look like? My work would frown upon readily recognizable firearms references and I won't have anyone at home to receive it.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

If you are worried about gun parts causing you problems at work you probably want to ship it somewhere other than work! I hope you don't work at a school!! GH

Fpnunes
04-26-14, 18:45
If you are worried about gun parts causing you problems at work you probably want to ship it somewhere other than work! I hope you don't work at a school!! GH

In point of fact I do not - many of my coworkers do not share my love of the shooting sports and would I prefer to keep them blissfully unaware of my purchase. Too many "evil black rifle" comments at the water cooler for my taste though they would never know it.

wildcard600
04-26-14, 20:41
AFAIK BCM ships everything over $200 UPS with signature required at time of reciept. so if you send it somewhere without a live person to sign at delivery they wont leave the package.

i ran through this a few months back with Arsenal and ended up having to go to the UPS facility to sign after the three attempts at delivery since i am at work during their delivery times. was a pain in the ass.

if you have UPS mychoice you can waive the signature i believe by signing for the package online.

Ryno12
04-26-14, 23:21
AFAIK BCM ships everything over $200 UPS with signature required at time of reciept. so if you send it somewhere without a live person to sign at delivery they wont leave the package.

i ran through this a few months back with Arsenal and ended up having to go to the UPS facility to sign after the three attempts at delivery since i am at work during their delivery times. was a pain in the ass.

if you have UPS mychoice you can waive the signature i believe by signing for the package online.

I'm not sure about that. The last several of my orders were over $300 (barrels & such) & none required a signature. I have had some that did but they were years ago. Perhaps they changed that??
But yeah, the ones that did were a PITA. Still better than being stolen but it should be a choice of the customer's.

SeriousStudent
04-27-14, 01:02
I was thinking Baylor College of Medicine but I like your idea better.

I might know some people there as well - heh.

Fpnunes
04-27-14, 06:16
The last several of my orders were over $300 (barrels & such) & none required a signature. I have had some that did but they were years ago. Perhaps they changed that??
But yeah, the ones that did were a PITA. Still better than being stolen but it should be a choice of the customer's.

I agree totally and if I had a solid delivery date would gladly take the day off just to receive it at the house.

Double3
04-27-14, 07:51

That is a nice feature.

Tony617
04-27-14, 13:44
I have UPS mychoice and if I know I am not going to be home, I have it left at the UPS depot. I get a notice that it has arrived at the depot and I just drive over to the depot to pick it up within 5 business days. I know some smaller towns probably do not have a UPS depot. Can you have it delivered to the UPS store instead? I pay $40.00 a year for the mychoice service but it is worth it.

Double3
04-27-14, 16:57
I have UPS mychoice and if I know I am not going to be home, I have it left at the UPS depot. I get a notice that it has arrived at the depot and I just drive over to the depot to pick it up within 5 business days. I know some smaller towns probably do not have a UPS depot. Can you have it delivered to the UPS store instead? I pay $40.00 a year for the mychoice service but it is worth it.
I signed up a while back and it was free.

Same features. Maybe the one you pay for has better features?

wildcard600
04-27-14, 17:06

it was free when i signed up, and yes you can re-route the package to a UPS store. thats what i had to do when i ordered my last upper from BCM, since i really cant afford to take a day off just to wait for a package.

garand1945
04-27-14, 23:38
Ask yourself what would happen if someone in your shipping department would open the box, and consider Murphy's law is alway in effect. On another board I'm on there are many first hand accounts of firings or disciplinary actions for shipping firearms parts, accessories, and ammo to work. This is in a anti gun state, but still worth considering. It's worth having it held at your post office or UPS/FedEx depot and driving to pick it up.

You should also be able to have it shipped directly to a UPS or FedEx store. I've had this done with high value equipment I needed for a job while traveling. They even had a locked cage to keep it in.

Iraqgunz
04-28-14, 07:19
This really doesn't belong here. You should probably reconsider your shipping priorities if this is requiring so much input.