PDA

View Full Version : When is Glock going to update their receiver?

Yojimbo
09-14-06, 14:46
Glock needs to follow S&W's lead and make their receivers user configurable like the M&P.

I would love a Glock polymer receiver with no finger groves, a 1911 grip angle with changable back straps!

Yes, I know CCC will be making some aluminum and steel frames like I mentioned but I want a polymer frame.

Has anyone heard if Glock has any plans to update their receivers?

olds442tyguy
09-14-06, 15:09
Glock............ update.
LOL.

Seriously, I'd love it if Glock would change their grip angle and start using real rail dimensions. I'd also like to see the trigger "safety" dumped in favor of a manual lever.

TacDoc
09-14-06, 16:12
...Then it will be no longer a "GLOCK"... :rolleyes:

Business_Casual
09-14-06, 16:16
The finger grooves (and thumb rest) are there to meet BATFE import points. As are the "sights" with which they are equipped. This is also the reason we have no .380 Glocks (not that I want one, but who should tell me what I can have and can't? Not the BATFE).

Don't blame Glock for that.

M_P

SuicideHz
09-14-06, 17:39
Are the grips considered target grips now?

I found a chart and I don't understand how they were importable before the "target grips" if they are now...

Are you referring to the click-adjustable plastic sights? My first 32 never had the adjustables and wouldn't have gained 5 points in that category.

Business_Casual
09-14-06, 18:14
Are the grips considered target grips now?

I found a chart and I don't understand how they were importable before the "target grips" if they are now...

Are you referring to the click-adjustable plastic sights? My first 32 never had the adjustables and wouldn't have gained 5 points in that category.

It did have the adjustables in Austria, they were taken off in Smyrna and replaced with the ones you saw.

The rulings and points system is an arbitrary moving target; the BATF has made changes over time, hence the grips (which are actually "stocks").

Read "Unintended Consequences" when you get a chance.

M_P

Cold
09-14-06, 19:01
Glock needs to update that AGE old web site, it hasnt seen an update in a looong time.

M4arc
09-14-06, 19:16
Glock needs to update that AGE old web site, it hasnt seen an update in a looong time.

That website is owned by Glock Austria. Got to http://www.teamglock.com for the Glock, USA website. It's updated and kept up-to-date.

Hoplophile
09-14-06, 20:31
That website is owned by Glock Austria. Got to http://www.teadglock.com for the Glock, USA website. It's updated and kept up-to-date.
He meant to type www.teamglock.com

M4arc
09-14-06, 20:40
He meant to type www.teamglock.com

Thanks buddy :D

I edited my original post. That's what I get for posting while drinking :eek:

Stan_TheGunNut
12-20-06, 18:16
Well, Glock is making frames in the US now, so that gives them a little more leeway to do as they wish. I just hope they don't start installing those stupid internal locks on all their guns.

Dport
12-20-06, 19:11
Marc,
Any word on the aftermarket frames?

M4arc
12-20-06, 19:24
Marc,
Any word on the aftermarket frames?

The last word I received was they will be released "very soon". Sorry, but that's all I have to go on.

Dport
12-20-06, 19:48
The last word I received was they will be released "very soon". Sorry, but that's all I have to go on.
Damn.

Jay Cunningham
12-20-06, 21:04
It ain't broke, so I guess we should go about fixing it.