PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint M4 question?

flyer
05-31-08, 14:14
I just got my Aimpoint M4 from Armalite this past week. It was supposed to be new, but the mount looks like it has been attached to a rifle before. I contacted Armalite and they said all of the M4s were new. I also noticed that when the unit is turned on that I see what appears to be a reflection of the dot in the center of the rear lens. This makes it look like it has two dots, however only the aiming dot will move with the viewing angle. The reflection is more noticeable the higher the brightness is set. Can other M4 owners let me know if both of these issues are common with new Aimpoint M4 scopes? I wish that I could post pictures, but unfortunately I do not have a digital camera. Thanks in advance for all replys.

BC520
05-31-08, 19:25
The reflection you speak of is because you're in an interior room and you have the sight turned up high. This happens with any EoTech or Aimpoint. You set the dot to the intensity you need, and that issue will go away.

If you try going from setting it in the bright daylight and entering a room you will experience the same washout.