PDA

View Full Version : Remington AR's

Stan_TheGunNut
05-31-08, 20:01
I was at the local gun shop today, and they had a Remington AR-15 that was 'painted'. The coloring and pattern was kinda like grass in a meadow. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has actually shot one of these rifles and what their thoughts were on it. I fought off the urge to make the impluse buy, but may go back and pick it up.

Thanks.

Ron S.
05-31-08, 20:05
http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/centerfire_rifles/Model_R-15_VTR.asp

Nice enough I suppose, but seems pricey for what they are. What was the price on it?

shooter521
05-31-08, 20:56
The V-15 series guns are Bushmasters with Remington rollmarks and a pretty finish. Nothing more, nothing less.

MassMark
06-01-08, 08:21
Other than the intense paint scheme, I'm not sure you're getting much more than a Bushmaster Varmint AR-15. I do not know if Remington asked for any specs outside of a stock Bushy. Was at the range a few weeks ago and a member was sighting in his V-15 for coyote hunting. The only thing I noticed was the wild paint, the nice Leupold he had on deck and the fact that he was putting together some pretty amazing groups at 100 and then 200 yards....

TWR
06-01-08, 08:32
They do have a better barrel contour, much lighter than a varminter. They also have their own trigger design. Other than that, what's different about 99% of all the rest of them out there? Speaking varmint type guns of course.

edit to add; We now have a couple of old school gun companies marketing AR's and alot of people are getting interested in them. That has to be a good thing.

Stan_TheGunNut
06-01-08, 21:12
Thanks for the replies. I didn't realize Bushmaster was making them for Remington. The paint scheme is what got my attention, since it was different from the other AR's there on the racks. As I recall, the price was around $1100. I think I'll just save my pennies and get the 300 WinMag that I've been wanting instead.

mat10x
06-01-08, 21:44
cerberus capital management owns remington, bm, and dpms.

mat10x
06-01-08, 21:46
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerberus_Capital_Management

http://accurateshooter.wordpress.com/2007/12/15/cerberus-acquires-dpms/

Charles Daly
06-01-08, 22:54
cerberus capital management owns remington, bm, and dpms.

And Marlin, H&R, NEF....

plus Chrysler, 50% of GMAC, Air Canada, etc.

Scooter-PIE
06-13-08, 01:30
Just an FYI...I owned a Bushmaster Predator, probably the same as what Remington is selling. It was very accurate but not very reliable feeding different types of ammo. I learned that the Predator uses the DCM match barrel(from Compass Lake) which is chambered to very tight specs...close to SAAMI. This is why it did not feed very well, the tight chamber makes it very picky on ammo. You might want to check with Remington about the barrel and chambering. I ended up selling (with full disclosure) the Predator and replaced it with a customer Krieger barrel and Wylde chambering.....no problems and every bit as accurate.