PDA

View Full Version : Too Close For Comfort

Dienekes
05-02-14, 00:05
Sounds like the Bundy thing came awful close to going sidewise:

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/25395552/i-team-police-faced-possible-bloodbath-at-bundy-protest

Whiskey_Bravo
05-02-14, 00:23
When the Bureau of Land Management mobilized to go after Bundy's cattle two years ago, they did so under an administrative order. This time, it was considered a criminal matter, and the I-Team has learned that order went all the way to the White House for approval.

That's interesting.

The entire situation is/was a result of people either being pushed or at least the perception that they are being pushed to far by an over reaching government that is out of control and growing and gaining power at a pace that is almost unthinkable. That's why people drove from all over the country to get there and things almost got out of hand. I have no doubt that those people that pointed weapons in the general direction of the BLM or other and had their picture taken will suffer some sort of backlash from their actions.

Moose-Knuckle
05-02-14, 02:43
I am so very glad that an FBI PATCON/COINTELPRO agent provocateur didn't light the powder keg on this one. A week or so ago I read an article that claimed a whistle blower leaked a document stating that Holder and given the okay on a drone strike at the Bundy ranch if things got out of hand. I have no idea how much truth there is to that story (nothing would surprise me) but considering all the angles that were/are still at play this whole situation could have sparked irreversible consequences.

ABNAK
05-02-14, 05:39
I am so very glad that an FBI PATCON/COINTELPRO agent provocateur didn't light the powder keg on this one. A week or so ago I read an article that claimed a whistle blower leaked a document stating that Holder and given the okay on a drone strike at the Bundy ranch if things got out of hand. I have no idea how much truth there is to that story (nothing would surprise me) but considering all the angles that were/are still at play this whole situation could have sparked irreversible consequences.

Even if this story was false, it WILL happen someday, mark my words.

Alex V
05-02-14, 06:22
I wonder if this would ave been another Lexington and Concord or another Ruby Ridge and Waco?

ABNAK
05-02-14, 06:29
I wonder if this would ave been another Lexington and Concord or another Ruby Ridge and Waco?

Honestly? The ball would be in the gubment's court. IMO it would all hinge on whether the gubment kept it localized or got froggy and attempted to make some nationwide "crackdown" of sorts. Trying the latter could blow the lid off, likely in an irreversible way.

Whiskey_Bravo
05-02-14, 09:30

Drone strike? Wow, I hadn't heard that. If true we are further down the rabbit hole than I had imagined. As ANBAK said though, it will probably happen some day no matter what and the "terrorist" tag will be used and people will say it was justified.

Koshinn
05-02-14, 10:07
I thought the narrative spun by conservative media was that the protest was civil and peaceful?

"Approximately 30 Metro officers stood between a crowd of 400 heavily armed, self-described militia and the federal employees who had gathered a few hundred head of Bundy's cattle."

wake.joe
05-02-14, 11:40
I thought the narrative spun by conservative media was that the protest was civil and peaceful?

"Approximately 30 Metro officers stood between a crowd of 400 heavily armed, self-described militia and the federal employees who had gathered a few hundred head of Bundy's cattle."

Your insinuation is offensive.

You must be a violent person because you carry a gun. When they army carries rifles to hand out water bottles, that must be a hostile act. Because they're armed.

You can carry a gun, even a big one, and still be peaceful. Even while protesting.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Koshinn
05-02-14, 11:56
Your insinuation is offensive.

You must be a violent person because you carry a gun. When they army carries rifles to hand out water bottles, that must be a hostile act. Because they're armed.

You can carry a gun, even a big one, and still be peaceful. Even while protesting.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I find your lack of reading the article posted in the OP lazy.

As the crowd swelled and tempers flared, many in the crowd tried to goad the police, hurling taunts and insults.

"They had no respect for authority. Everything that you can think of to call a human being, animals, everything," Jenkins said.

One person in the crowd even asked Jenkins if he was ready to die.

"It was a scary point in itself. They were in my face yelling profanities and pointing weapons. The Bundy son himself, that I was negotiating with, Dave, he did not do that, but all the associated people around him did do that," Lombardo said.

Rhetoric grew more heated, and guns were pointed at officers.

One Bundy supporter summed it up, "Had to happen sometime, might as well happen now, right?"

"Some of them, there's no doubt from talking to me, want it, to get a chance that day to fire upon a police officer or authority period. I don't think it mattered if it was BLM or us," Jenkins said.

Doc Safari
05-02-14, 13:27
Rightly or wrongly, there is a segment of the angry American public ready to go full retard over an incident like this.

Yes, it is only a matter of time until the government is authorizing drone strikes on citizens within US borders. Likewise it is only a matter of time before some disgruntled people decide to up the ante and go on the offensive.

That will give the government the justification to declare martial law, and all the consequences that come with it.

just a scout
05-02-14, 13:32
I think the term you're looking for is the Bubba Effect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

glocktogo
05-02-14, 13:39
A couple of takeaways that I had from watching the video and reading the text:

It was the Asst. Sheriff who made the decision to release the cattle and disband the law enforcement presence. Had he not done so, would the BLM agents (or contractors as some have suggested), made the right call and done the same?

Possibe officer deaths were a recurring theme, but neither the media nor the LE spokespersons ever metioned the possibility of citizen deaths.

That disturbs me. :(

GunBugBit
05-02-14, 13:41
This would be the worst time in history to try imposing martial law on Americans. Drones and all. Drones are launched from somewhere. Enough said.

Moose-Knuckle
05-02-14, 16:39
Harry Reid defends ‘domestic terrorists’ comments

“600 people came armed, they had practiced, they had maneuvered… they set up snipers in strategic locations… they had automatic weapon,” the leading Democrat said Friday. “And they boasted about the fact they put women and children… so they would get hit first.”

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/04/18/harry-reid-defends-domestic-terrorists-comments/

NDAA Bill Controversy: So who is Considered a Terrorist?

Many militia extremists view themselves as protecting the U.S. Constitution, other U.S. laws, or their own individual liberties. They believe that the Constitution grants citizens the power to take back the federal government by force or violence if they feel it's necessary. They oppose gun control efforts and fear the widespread disarming of Americans by the federal government.

http://www.ibtimes.com/ndaa-bill-controversy-so-who-considered-terrorist-386186

SteveS
05-02-14, 16:42
It is sad that the vast majority of TV watching mouth breathers will never realize the biggest threat to their freedoms and liberty is from their government and its uniformed.

TXBK
05-02-14, 16:51
Hmm, well, how many armed "domestic terrorists" is it going to be? 400 or 600? Automatic weapons, really? Mr. Reid may be suffering from dementia at this point in time.

Moose-Knuckle
05-02-14, 16:58
Hmm, well, how many armed "domestic terrorists" is it going to be? 400 or 600? Automatic weapons, really? Mr. Reid may be suffering from dementia at this point in time.

Nah, he is just a ****ing liar.

SteyrAUG
05-02-14, 17:16
Not really taking sides, I'm just glad this wasn't another Waco. This could have been lots worse.

SteveS
05-02-14, 19:25
Nah, he is just a ****ing liar.
He doesn't want to loose the big bucks.

jpmuscle
05-03-14, 00:56
Interesting read if nothing else

http://www.oafnation.com/guests-pieces/2014/4/15/9mvbn50fndma3151vdk6aav08na6r6

I can't speak to the credibility of the author however.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Dienekes
05-03-14, 14:30
Apparently the search for a cure for stupid is an ongoing one.

MountainRaven
05-03-14, 17:27
Even if this story was false, it WILL happen someday, mark my words.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a198/Jagdraben/reynaldhelmet_zps8a0db297.jpg

"If the war's to be now or later, I would have it now."

(Not my sentiment. Just what the above quote reminded me of.)

Interesting read if nothing else

http://www.oafnation.com/guests-pieces/2014/4/15/9mvbn50fndma3151vdk6aav08na6r6

I can't speak to the credibility of the author however.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

That bunch looks like a group of winners to me.

They say that a man can be judged by the company that he keeps....

Moose-Knuckle
05-03-14, 17:45
"If the war's to be now or later, I would have it now."

(Not my sentiment. Just what the above quote reminded me of.)

"I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace."

- Thomas Paine

NWPilgrim
05-03-14, 18:20
Can the govt be guilty of wanting a fight, to kill people? Can the govt be crazy, paranoid? Or only citizens can be whackos?

moonshot
05-03-14, 20:38
Can the govt be guilty of wanting a fight, to kill people?

Not sure. Lets see...

Waco
Ruby Ridge
Golf of Tonkin
USS Maine (unsubstantiated)

MountainRaven
05-03-14, 21:05
Not sure. Lets see...

Waco
Ruby Ridge
Golf of Tonkin
USS Maine (unsubstantiated)

Some folks might add:

Pearl Harbor
Zimmermann Incident/Telegram
The Thornton Affair/Annexation of Texas, California
Fort Sumpter
Iraqi WMD

In fact, pretty much every conflict the United States has been involved in, has been one that its government - or at least some people within the government - wanted. Almost none of them have been forced on the United States by a foreign belligerent.

Moose-Knuckle
05-03-14, 21:33
Nevermind.