PDA

View Full Version : Golden Eagle .300 win mag (By Nikko)??

Mike Marley
05-03-14, 09:06
Hi:

I am new to the forum and have a question about this rifle my dad passed down to me (amongst others). Its a .300 win mag Golden Eagle by a Japanese (?) manufacturer Nikko. I can't find almost anything on this rifle on the web, which is mighty impressive. The things I have read is that it was manufactured in Japan, was very high quality (I should be careful saying that here...I mean within reason..I think it cost around 700$ at the time), is not made anymore (nor has been for a while)....

Any info would be great. I was thinking of using it for some long range competition shooting. I have no clue whether its a free floating barrel, or anything about its specs. With that said, I am new to rifles, but experienced with handguns, so if I ask puzzling questions, its just because I am just now starting to learn about different rifles and their purposes.

I just don't know if this would be a decent 1000 yard rifle with the appropriate optic...

Like I said, I REALLY, REALLY appreciate ANY advice on this rifle....I can't find any info on it anywhere. Not even a couple local gun stores knew much about it. I could include pictures too if needed.

Best,

Mike

Dave James
05-03-14, 10:30
Mike pop over to accuratereloading.com and into the different rifle sections there are several guys there that collect, I would start in the big bore section and ask, they where very nice riles as I remember, push feed type action and very smooth

Mike Marley
05-03-14, 10:39
Dave:

Thanks. I did find out its a model 7000. I found a thread in a different forum about it. A bit more info. As I now understand, the barrel is a bit wimpy for a rifle of such caliber. I do remember shooting it years ago and having bruises on my shoulder for a week after. I'd love to see about getting it onto a new stock, but that would likely require a gun smith since this rifle is no longer in production.

It is surprisingly light weight...

Mike