PDA

View Full Version : inforce HSP WML or Surefire x300U for 12 oclock

jesuvuah
05-03-14, 09:58
I have decided to upgrade to a new light. I plan to run it at the 12 oclock position. I am having a hard time deciding between the inforce HSP and the surefire x300U. From what I can tell the HSP is lighter but may be more fragile. The x300U has more output (can be good or bad) and is useable on both carbines and pistols. It seems to me that the HSP would be more ergonomic for my hands, but I have heard a few reports of them falling off and failing.

Any and all thoughts would be appreciated

mattg1024
05-03-14, 10:40
I use the x300U. Like you said, can be used on a long gun or pistol so you can setup for whatever you need. With the x300 in front of a fixed DD sight the buttons are very easy to activate from either side.

I like the extra light output also, especially when shooting outside at night.

EODbusch
05-03-14, 12:36
I've got both, and they're both great lights. I like to have light dedicated to certain platforms rather than worrying about flip-flopping. Now if you're trying so save some money and want that flexibility I'd go with the x300.

Omen
05-03-14, 15:06
I have both as well. If there is a sight post behind the light I recommend the x300. Otherwise the value of the wml is hard to beat.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

jesuvuah
05-04-14, 07:11
Maybe I will have to try them both. I have a tlr-1 that I have tested the concept with and that is what I use on my handguns. I just find that the switch on the tlr-1 is way to easy to bump. I know they make a cover for the buttons for the x300 and there is a built lever type cover on the HSP.

Tigereye
05-04-14, 07:30
I have both with the WML on a HSP mount at 10-11 o'clock and the 300 at 12. The 300 is on a DDV1 in front of the FSB and the WML is on a DDV5 with BUIS. I ran both in a low/no light course several weeks ago. Both lights were easy to operate and worked well from 7-50 yards. I don't know how well the WML would work with the FSB but will swap out the lights later today to see how it fits. I highly recommend a low light course if you ever get the chance.

EODbusch
05-04-14, 10:12
If I were you I'd get both, you won't be disappointed. The WML is fairly cheap and I've seen some really low prices on the x300 ($210).

Tigereye
05-05-14, 19:56
I finally swapped the lights with the WML in front of the FSB of the DDV1. I was worried that the FSB would be in the way and knew that it would get pretty hot with a lot of rounds. However, the light can easily be moved away from the post and still be a solid mount. I like the way both lights are operated at 12:00. I think you'll do well with either light.
Eric

jesuvuah
05-05-14, 20:26
i have a 300 coming from a trade on the e&e. i might still pick up the wml to try

jesuvuah
05-06-14, 10:53
For those who have the x300, does the standard mount work for both picatinny rails and for pistols like glocks. I know on my streamlight there is a different key for the picatinny rails, but from what I see on surefires websight I do not see a different one listed

mattg1024
05-06-14, 11:31
They have different keys also but the one for the Glock fits the pic rails also.

jesuvuah
05-06-14, 11:37
Ok, I will see what I get and if I need to order a different one I will.

bruin
05-06-14, 13:43
Inforce is releasing a 500 lumen WML soon, I heard. If you run the X300u, get a Unity Exo for sure.

bikerdog
05-06-14, 14:06
I run both and really like both. I have never had my inforce WML fail or fall off even under a lot of hard use. I prefer the inforce WML for indoor use because it has a much wider spill and is just a bit more ergonomic for momentary use.

The surefire works better for outdoor use because it has a much better throw with not as much spill and is uber bright . It is also nice having a constant on setting when working outdoors, at least that has been my experience.

In the end you can't go wrong with either. But you can buy 2 inforce WML for the same price as the surefire.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

EODbusch
05-06-14, 14:38
Just FYI, here's a really good deal on the x300Ultra. I haven't seen it anywhere else for this cheap:
http://http://www.lapolicegear.com/surefire-x300-ultra-light.html

South
05-06-14, 15:13

macnamara
05-06-14, 15:25
That is an awesome price. Thanks for sharing, and what SOuth says is true. Google a coupon code up and you're going to save at least like 5%.

jesuvuah
05-06-14, 15:38
I actually have both the sure fire and the WML coming now. Got both of the E&E here for great deals.

EODbusch
05-06-14, 19:37
Glad you got both, always makes the decision simple.

OverToad
05-10-14, 08:19
IMHO I would go with the Surefire. Very well made and they stay put. I personally think the Inforce is junk. Had a few to test out at our dept and it wouldn't stay on our Glocks. We went through this with the old Insight Procyon. 'No way any of us would trust our lives with the Inforce. You get what you pay for in Surefire.

jesuvuah
05-10-14, 10:55
Well, I now have had both an x300 and the WML in my possession now for a couple of days. Both seem to be very nice lights. I also already owned a TLR1. When it comes to a pistol light, I definitely prefer the surefire over the streamlight. The button setup just seems to better IMHO, and mounting the light seems to be a little easier. I had previously tried the TLR1 on an AR and ruled it out because it was way to easy to bump the switch and have negligent discharge of the light.

Now when it comes to the argument between the inforce and the surefire on an AR it is hard to say. I like the surefire better when in the 12:00 position. It just seems a little easier to activate the button in this position then the inforce, not that the inforce is that hard. I do have a 10.5" upper that is wearing the B5 keymod polymer handguard. The keyholes are at the 45degree position and I have a section of rail there. On this setup, I do think the inforce is better, and easier to operate. Of course, it seems like the WML was designed for this exact location.

Another issue I have found with the x300 is mounting on different ARs. The one I got through the E&E just came with the U mount. This fits snug on a rail I have on a magpul handguard, loose on the polymer rail sections that came with my KMR, and it fits supper tight on the top rail on the KMR ( have to tap it on with my palm. So while the surefire is cool that it can be quickly mounted and dismounted, it might now be so great if switching between rails that might be a few thousands off is size. Now, I do not know if I got the p mount or the rail mount for the surefire if that would change this at all. The inforce on the other hand just self adjust to the rails size because it is spring loaded.

For now, I think I plan to sell my TLR1. Use the x300 for my glocks, and use the inforce for my ARs. This may change over time because I may sell off my 10.5 upper with the b5 handguard and upgrade to an 11.5 KMR upper at some point when I have the money, and then I would prefer to run all my uppers with a light mounted at 12 o'clock. But for now, I am happy with both.

bighawk
05-11-14, 21:01
I've got about 1000 rounds through my AK with the WML in an offset mount and I have about 600 rounds through my AR running it at 12 o clock position. I tried my x300 at the 12 o clock and both functioned flawlessly however with my grip the WML just seemed perfect for me. Ill keep the X300 on my HD pistol and will be ordering another WML for my next AR build.