PDA

View Full Version : BCM's NEW RECCE KMR MK2 Series!

C4IGrant
05-03-14, 14:56
Just got the three new BCM RECCE KMR MK2 guns in! They come in a 14.5" version with pinned BCM GF Comp, Regular 16" and a 16" SS Precision model. They all feature the ALG Defense (Geissele) ACT fire control group, B5 System BRAVO Stock, BCM GF MOD 4 CH, BCM GF Grip and KMR-13 Keymod Rail.

RECCE 16" KMR MK2 $1380
RECCE 14.5" KMR MK2 $1480
RECCE 16" KMR Precision MK2 $1530

C4

RECCE 14.5" KMR MK2
http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/BCM/RECCE14_RMR_MK2.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/BCM/RECCE14_KMR_MK2a.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/BCM/RECCE14_KMR_MK2b.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/BCM/RECCE14_KMR_MK2c.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/BCM/RECCE14_KMR_MK2d.jpg

RECCE 16" KMR MK2
http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/BCM/RECCE16_KMR_MK2.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/BCM/RECCE16_KMR_MK2a.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/BCM/RECCE16_KMR_MK2b.jpg

RECCE 16" KMR PRECISION MK2
http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/BCM/RECCE16P_KMR_MK2.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/BCM/RECCE16P_KMR_MK2a.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/BCM/RECCE16P_KMR_MK2b.jpg

Obscenejesster
05-03-14, 15:24
That is damn near the exact rifle I just built. I love pairing the KMR with a heavier barrel. You're not going to win any light weight competitions but it's very well balanced. You also get the benefits of a SS barrel without the front end being to heavy.

C4IGrant
05-03-14, 15:35
That is damn near the exact rifle I just built. I love pairing the KMR with a heavier barrel. You're not going to win any light weight competitions but it's very well balanced. You also get the benefits of a SS barrel without the front end being to heavy.

They are all pretty light. The 14.5" pictured weighs exactly 6.00LBS!

C4

TexanInCali
05-03-14, 15:51
Very nice! This could've saved me some time as I effectively built the Recce KMR 16 Precision. The only differences being a VLTOR iMod, Gunfighter Grip Mod 3 and the GF CH Mod A44. It makes for a very nice balance despite the heavier SS barrel thanks to the very light KMR. Mine handles great and shoots even better.

Anyone looking for a very accurate, but reasonably light midlength should be quite happy with the Precision 16 KMR MK2

nateebumpo
05-03-14, 17:51

Same here but I used a Rainier select barrel and a cmt upper, no mag it's under 6 pounds with a micro dot on it. It will be more, waiting on Marshall to get his 1-6 variables back in stock.

Those bcms are friggin sweet rigs for the money, I don't see how you could really go wrong.

drtywk
05-03-14, 18:48
Any 11.5" CQB versions on the horizon?

C4IGrant
05-03-14, 19:15
Any 11.5" CQB versions on the horizon?

Yes.

C4

Obscenejesster
05-03-14, 19:28
Same here but I used a Rainier select barrel and a cmt upper, no mag it's under 6 pounds with a micro dot on it. It will be more, waiting on Marshall to get his 1-6 variables back in stock.

Those bcms are friggin sweet rigs for the money, I don't see how you could really go wrong.

Same here man. I went with a Black Oxide Rainier Select. I mainly went with it because I loved the profile. It's a very balanced tapered profile. I am using a SWFA 1x6 on the build but I don't know how much the total package weighs. I guess I'll get around to weighing it some time in the near future.

drtywk
05-03-14, 20:19
Yes.

C4

Sweet!!! Looking forward to picking one up.

markm
05-04-14, 14:30
You can literally take any of those guns, install a bi pod, put a nice optic on it, and get good results out to 1000 yards. We did so with the 14.5 perm like the first gun above... and it just had a GI trigger.

Obscenejesster
05-04-14, 17:33
You can literally take any of those guns, install a bi pod, put a nice optic on it, and get good results out to 1000 yards. We did so with the 14.5 perm like the first gun above... and it just had a GI trigger.

I don't doubt that. I also don't doubt you'd get better results with that SS410 over the Regular or BFH.

C4IGrant
05-04-14, 17:39
The BCM SS barrels are VERY accurate and also reliable.

C4

SilverBullet432
05-04-14, 17:49
$1400 is pretty cheap!! DD better keep up!

K1tt3n5
05-04-14, 18:05
Well it looks like I'm buying my next rifle instead of building it. I wish the precision had a black barrel though.

Obscenejesster
05-04-14, 18:35
Well it looks like I'm buying my next rifle instead of building it. I wish the precision had a black barrel though.

I agree. I'm just not a fan of the Stainless look. They also make a Ion Bond version but it's also more expensive.

decodeddiesel
05-04-14, 18:53
I agree. I'm just not a fan of the Stainless look. They also make a Ion Bond version but it's also more expensive.

Krylon?

I must say, I'm pretty damn impressed with these uppers and BCMs new rail.

Amur
05-04-14, 20:16
are the barrels standard government non-BFH? (except the stainless of course)

Thanks

C4IGrant
05-04-14, 20:26
are the barrels standard government non-BFH? (except the stainless of course)

Thanks

Yes.

C4

C4IGrant
05-04-14, 20:27

We can cerakote the barrel.

C4

TexanInCali
05-04-14, 20:32
I took my SS 410 16" out today with the new Atlas bipod for the first time and was easily doing under 1 MOA with CBC 5.56 FMJ 62gr when I did my part.

With ADI. 223 SMK 75gr was producing even tighter groups, but I kept getting excited and jerking the trigger. My best group with the ADI stuff was about 1.5 MOA thanks to me screwing up the groups. A better shooter could easily get well under 1MOA.

Here's the only group I didn't manage to screw up with a flyer or two of my doing. Still. I was very pleased. It's amazing how much that bipod helps over sandbags.

Airhasz
05-04-14, 20:45
I took my SS 410 16" out today with the new Atlas bipod for the first time and was easily doing under 1 MOA with CBC 5.56 FMJ 62gr when I did my part.

With ADI. 223 SMK 75gr was producing even tighter groups, but I kept getting excited and jerking the trigger. My best group with the ADI stuff was about 1.5 MOA thanks to me screwing up the groups. A better shooter could easily get well under 1MOA.

Here's the only group I didn't manage to screw up with a flyer or two of my doing. Still. I was very pleased. It's amazing how much that bipod helps over sandbags.

Nice shooting! I thought sandbags were more stable that a pod.

Ark1443
05-04-14, 21:12
They are all pretty light. The 14.5" pictured weighs exactly 6.00LBS!

C4

Same as my Colt 6720... shiny!

TexanInCali
05-04-14, 21:35
Nice shooting! I thought sandbags were more stable that a pod.

Thanks. I'm not sure, but for me, the bipod seems to work better. I had one of those Caldwell front/back sandbag sets and was all over the place with this rifle. I got the bipod a few weeks ago and have been doing a lot of dry fire practice working on trigger control. I'm sure that had a lot to do with my improved shooting as well.

Either way, I'm very pleased to be better able to take advantage of these very accurate SS410 16" barrels. I may also get a BCM SS410 SPR upper if they release one with a 15" KMR.

K1tt3n5
05-04-14, 21:39
We can cerakote the barrel.

C4
Well, you have my business. Now I just need to figure out a quality optic for it.

Obscenejesster
05-04-14, 21:41
Does the Atlas make your rifle too heavy for off hand?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

TexanInCali
05-04-14, 22:02
Does the Atlas make your rifle too heavy for off hand?

It's still useable for offhand, but with the 3-12x44 and the bipod, it starts to get a little hefty. As kitted in the photo, it's around 9.5 lbs. The KMR offsets some weight, but it's still a 16" SS barrel.

With the ADM quick detach mount, the bipod weighs about 11 to 12 ozs, but takes under five seconds to remove so it can be quickly dropped.

C4IGrant
05-05-14, 08:37

That CBC 62gr is pretty accurate ammo isn't it! I have gotten similar results as you with it out of my BCM SS barrel.

C4

C4IGrant
05-05-14, 08:38
Same as my Colt 6720... shiny!

Yes, but that is a PENCIL barrel with no rail on it. This is a GOVT profile barrel with a 13" rail.

C4

C4IGrant
05-05-14, 08:38
Well, you have my business. Now I just need to figure out a quality optic for it.

Call us to order it as it is a custom piece.

C4

markm
05-05-14, 08:53

An atlas on these guns is about as good as it gets. I have video we took pounding the 500 yard steel. When you get good ammo and good dope on that load, it's like cheating.

M&P15T
05-05-14, 11:36
Pairing one of BCM's 14.5" mid-length barrels with their Gunfighter comp gives a really, really soft shooting feel.

I was surprised when I first took my new BCM to the range, I didn't realize how soft an AR could shoot.

markm
05-05-14, 11:48
Pairing one of BCM's 14.5" mid-length barrels with their Gunfighter comp gives a really, really soft shooting feel.

I was surprised when I first took my new BCM to the range, I didn't realize how soft an AR could shoot.

That.... and it so light. I'm used to a lighter gun being a little harder to shoot fast. I don't even have a lightness fettish, and I'm impressed.

BTL BRN
05-05-14, 12:16
I just paired that BCM SS upper with an existing lower I had (SSA-E, B5 Sopmod stock); coupled with a Vortex 2.5x10 I was also getting very satisfying results. I am still testing about 6 different loads to find if there is something it really seems to prefer; we have just had some nasty winds here in Nevada, so my real precision time has been few and far between.

TexanInCali
05-05-14, 12:55
That CBC 62gr is pretty accurate ammo isn't it! I have gotten similar results as you with it out of my BCM SS barrel.

C4

Yes. I was pleasantly surprised with that stuff. I didn't expect much from military surplus from Brazil with weird looking primers, but it proved to be very accurate. My groups tended to be two or three shots that were almost touching or close to it, then me flubbing the trigger pull and throwing one several inches left. For under $0.40 a round, this ammo is a great value.

TexanInCali
05-05-14, 13:04
An atlas on these guns is about as good as it gets. I have video we took pounding the 500 yard steel. When you get good ammo and good dope on that load, it's like cheating.

I couldn't be more pleased. This is my first AR and I spent a lot of time researching the right parts. I almost went with a JP Rifles build, but I'd spent several months salivating over the SS 410 rifles on G&R and decided I wanted something built for abuse and accuracy.

I was going to buy a BCM Precision 18 MK2, but they went out of stock, so I snapped up a KMR SS410 upper the day they released them. It was the right choice. This thing is a beast.

decodeddiesel
05-05-14, 20:14

I saw your video on youtube, good stuff.

markm
05-05-14, 21:35
I saw your video on youtube, good stuff.

Thanks. I didn't even dial up. Just held 3.6 mils with the reticle and started bangin. The gun with the BCM comp is ridiculously smooth.

TexanInCali
05-05-14, 22:34
What's the link to the video?

Also, my SS410 upper just came with the A2 flash hider. Would I be well served throwing a compensator on it?

Lopro619
05-06-14, 02:22

This ^ Doesn't kick much more than my 22 ar lol

Shiz
05-06-14, 02:37
Wondering about the price difference between the 14.5 and the 16. Are they identical besides barrel length?

C4IGrant
05-06-14, 08:20
Wondering about the price difference between the 14.5 and the 16. Are they identical besides barrel length?

Identical. The difference is that the 14.5" has a pinned on GF Comp.

C4

RWH24
05-06-14, 09:54
The 14.5 usually costs more due to pinning and welding the MD to make it a legal 16" OAL barrel.