PDA

View Full Version : Geissele B-G2S-E

bubba04
05-03-14, 17:18
Anyone have any experience with the new G2S-E? Did some searching around but only could find stuff about the G2S. This is supposed to be basically the same as the SSA-E from description.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/triggers-bottom-metals/triggers/enhanced-triggers-prod67223.aspx?avs|Make_3=AR-15/M4&psize=96

TehLlama
05-03-14, 19:57
Anyone have any experience with the new G2S-E? Did some searching around but only could find stuff about the G2S. This is supposed to be basically the same as the SSA-E from description.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/triggers-bottom-metals/triggers/enhanced-triggers-prod67223.aspx?avs|Make_3=AR-15/M4&psize=96

Based on the nomenclature, I'm guessing it's the SSA-E equivalent sans laser engraving and with different (cheaper) casting start used to make the G2S a less expensive version of the SSA. I have a token G2S and a pile of SSA's, and one SSA-E. I really like the SSA tremendously and prefer that on everything but dedicated precision rifles, but for applications where budget is part of the consideration and a 3.5/1.2 lb two-stage trigger is what's desired, that's going to be the new hotness.

Functionally I am convinced of the zero difference thing - same geometry, same EDM cut, so function is likely 100% identical.

bubba04
05-03-14, 20:03
I was thinking it may have good application on my precision rig. What trigger are you running on your precision guns?

Based on the description I am with you that its likely to be popular.

Based on the nomenclature, I'm guessing it's the SSA-E equivalent sans laser engraving and with different (cheaper) casting start used to make the G2S a less expensive version of the SSA. I have a token G2S and a pile of SSA's, and one SSA-E. I really like the SSA tremendously and prefer that on everything but dedicated precision rifles, but for applications where budget is part of the consideration and a 3.5/1.2 lb two-stage trigger is what's desired, that's going to be the new hotness.

Functionally I am convinced of the zero difference thing - same geometry, same EDM cut, so function is likely 100% identical.

TehLlama
05-03-14, 20:28
Even my Recce runs an SSA - it's still a really good trigger. I have the SSA-E in my SPR, but it'll end up on my 7.62 rifle. The SSA-E is still nicer for just trigger pull, I just really like having triggers across an entire collection having good triggers with 4.5lb pull weight, which I love about my handguns and carbines. White space I'd run the SSA-E to the exclusion of everything else, but the SSA's are plenty good, I found most of mine used and at a great price, and I don't consider a trigger with the same approximate feel but lighter weight to be worth that sort of cost difference.

nateebumpo
05-04-14, 05:54
Notice the other one listed there, looks to be a true single stage g trigger that's described as very glock like. That sounds like something I could get excited about, a nice glock trigger in my ar, nice.

Eta: after getting past my googly eyes and rereading this looks to be the "g2" version of the current 3 gun triggers not a completely new design offering.
Little less excited but a very nice alternative monetarily none the less. I really dig the 3g triggers and will grab one of these to see how it stacks up which will most likely be almost identical as I can't tell the difference between my g2s and ssa after they're installed, other than the invoice.