PDA

View Full Version : ADM AD-68 pivoting

ramennoodles
06-01-08, 14:50
So I have the American Defense AD-68 standard high mount with a Trijicon Tripower mounted in it. I was shooting and kept wondering why my point of impact is keep changing so much. While shooting, I referenced the cheveron to the iron sights and see the cheveron keeps shifting up or down. Then I grab the optic and push/pull on it and can see it pivoting. So I go home, take it apart and clean all oil and grease off it and put back together. Tighten down to the max this thing is still pivoting on me. I'm gonna contact ADM tomorrow about this but wanted to hear the opinion of others here too. The pictures below shows the gap difference on each side when pivoted over. Doesn't look like a lot in the pics but it moves the red cheveron quite a bit.
http://www.ultimateham.com-a.googlepages.com/PICT0758.JPG/PICT0758-full;init:.JPG
http://www.ultimateham.com-a.googlepages.com/PICT0759.JPG/PICT0759-full;init:.JPG

PALADIN-hgwt
06-01-08, 18:57
xxxxx

ADM
06-01-08, 19:08
ramennoodles
loosen all the screws so they are finger tight. then tighten the lower screws first then proceed to the top. do you have a torquewrench???? as PALADIN-hgwt was kind enough to add the 25-35 inch lbs is the recomended spec. As with all ADM products if you have any problems give us a call or drop us a email and we will make sure you are satisfied.
thank you
ADM

ramennoodles
06-01-08, 19:30
yes, I tighten the bottoms first. I did not use a torque wrench but I tighten until I couldn't turn the allen wrench any more. I think it's tighten way tighter than 25-35 in lbs. I'm starting to think if the optic itself is maybe too large of diameter for the mount or something

so after redoing it over and over I decided to just fill the gaps on the bottom with quick dry epoxy after tighening. No more movements now and I'm happy. thanks

ramennoodles
06-11-08, 01:03
Update:
So I got a new optic in today(Millett Zoom Dot) and mounted it onto this same mount. I also peeled off all the epoxy I had on there. With the Zoom Dot, the mount does not even move a bit. I believe that the Tripower diameter my be slightly larger than usual. I will find out as soon as I find my calipers

ADM
06-11-08, 17:15
Let us know how you would like to proceed . We stand behind our products 100 percent.
thank you
ADM (aka the shadow) lol

ramennoodles
06-11-08, 17:32
thanks, the Zoom Dot is my main optic now and the mount works perfectly with the optic. I'm still curious why the TriPower had movement though. Did you guys test the mounts with the TriPowers before? Having the 68 in the name I assume that it was designed around the Aimpoint M68.