PDA

View Full Version : How To Get Just A Warning!

3 AE
05-04-14, 21:29
The LEO was pretty cool in my book. Warning: mild expletives.

http://www.military.com/video/law-enforcement/police/impressed-cop-looking-for-a-job/2882923076001/

SeriousStudent
05-04-14, 21:33
Hehehehe - pretty funny video. I would have wanted to hear the engine rumble as well.

Don Robison
05-04-14, 22:47
That was pretty cool.

Reminds me of the last ticket I got on my Harley. Pulled in for gas and a FHP trooper decides to write me a ticket for my ape hangers being too tall. At the same time he's writing, a deputy sheriff is on the other side of the bike admiring it asking me where I got the exhaust because it sounds badass. I deserved the ticket, but I couldn't help but chuckle at the two different attitudes being displayed simultaneously.

SeriousStudent
05-04-14, 23:15
More decades ago than I really care to think about, I got pulled over by the CHP. I was running right up against the clock, and I was heading back to Camp Pendleton from "Cinderella Liberty" in LA.

I was in a 1972 Dodge Charger, and he wanted to check out the engine. I'm doing my very best imitation of a polite and thoughtful motorist, whilst imaging what my First Sergeant is going to do to me if I'm a minute late. Finally we slammed the hood down, and I took off. Signed back in with about 4 minutes to spare - whew!

I loved that car, it would pass everything but a gas station. So I can definitely understand the cop in the video wanting to hear the turbo. ;)

Onyx Z
05-05-14, 09:15
That was pretty cool... and sounds like it was right down the street from my house!

kwelz
05-05-14, 10:20
Funny as hell.
When he asked if it was in park I thought he was going to ask the guy to pop the hood.
So nice to see a non cop bashing video. Seriously. This guy represents 99.9% of all officers.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
05-05-14, 10:49
My agency wouldve slapped my peepee for the language....

SeriousStudent
05-05-14, 21:35
My agency wouldve slapped my peepee for the language....

We'd never dime you out.

Irish
05-05-14, 21:52
Nice! That interaction will go a long way strengthening the bonds between the police and the local community.

Eurodriver
05-06-14, 08:28
This guy represents 99.9% of all officers.

I agree. In all of my interactions with law enforcement, I have been very fortunate. My buddy and I were on a ride and he got pulled over for busting a wheelie through a toll plaza (so the camera couldn't read his plate) and the cop exhibited the same mentality as this guy. I was utterly shocked that he didn't get body slammed off the bike when he came to a stop, but the cop was probably utterly shocked that he actually did come to a stop.

ETA: He did get a ticket though. $1,166...ouch!