PDA

View Full Version : Black Rain Ordnance Bro-DIT trigger

TakeEm406
05-04-14, 21:46
I bought one of these triggers because I found it locally. I tried one in one of the rifles on the shelf and it felt a little sloppy, a little up take, but not bad. And being desperate for a better trigger I bought it.

Well I've since put a couple hundred through my new (and first) rifle and I'm not sure on this trigger. It's ok when I'm shooting with my irons. But when I put the Vortex on it I really can feel how bad the uptake is.

This is marketed as a single stage trigger. So I'd assume it should be like a good bolt action, correct? No uptake just PEW.

Anyone have any experience with these?

I sent BRO a note asking them about it. It's not even that constant of uptake. Can't even take it up then rest on the seer like a true double stage. It's smooth just the length of travel in the long sweep varies.

Probably get a Timney to replace this for a better single stage???

Also had it burst fire yesterday. Not sure if I accidentally bump fired it, but it definitely let out atleast three rounds in one pull....

Not cool! (OK maybe a little but not for a deer rifle)

Ned Christiansen
05-04-14, 23:14
Any trigger, once down to a certain level of travel and lightness, is going to give burst fire given that other conditions remain constant, like the weight of the rifle and your technique. It's bouncing off your shoulder and back into the trigger.

If you have three brands of properly-operating trigger that had the same weight, take up and over travel, you would get the same results. Put the same trigger in a heavier rifle and it might go away..... and be safe "er", but maybe still not "safe". Or change your technique-- but does anyone really want to build and mold their technique around a trigger that otherwise gives burst fire? I sure don't. It will be so detrimental to good shooting that it'll eat up any trigger pull advantage and then some, and then some.

I've had this exact condition and I could not get it out of my carbine fast enough. It was well made and totally NOT malfunctioning-- it was just the irrevocable mechanics of a very light and short trigger, a carbine, and my shoulder. It now resides in a rifle with a 24" heavy barrel and there has been no further problem, but the only reason it's in anything is to confirm in long-term testing (as in, this one doesn't get much use) that with a heavier rifle the problem goes away. Sofar so good in maybe 200 rounds, but I would never put this rifle in any situation other than on the bench or prone at the range. That trigger is a Timney.

I think certain trigger types just kinda don't belong in semi-autos. I feel strongly that they have no place at all in a patrol rifle or similar application.

Regalkismet
05-05-14, 04:47
If you want a great single stage trigger get the Wilson Combat 3-4 lb TTU.... It's amazing.