PDA

View Full Version : Citizens aid officer who was being strangled

platoonDaddy
05-05-14, 12:29
I salute the citizens who assisted this officer!

Man Strangles Cop in Middle of Street in Broad Daylight. Then He Goes for Officer’s Gun — But Civilians at Scene Are Having None of It

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/05/04/man-strangles-cop-in-middle-of-street-in-broad-daylight-then-he-goes-for-officers-gun-but-civilians-at-scene-are-having-none-of-it/

Irish
05-05-14, 12:57
Good stuff.

SteyrAUG
05-05-14, 13:39
Looks like he was specifically targeted for his gun.

streck
05-05-14, 13:44

But when people watching from the corner saw what was happening to Officer Robison, they came to her aid and helped her hold Johnson down until backup arrived.

Female officer....

Irish
05-05-14, 13:46

She, the officer, rolled up on him. He choked her through the cruiser window, and was going for the gun, when citizens intervened. Or at least that's what the video led me to believe.

SteyrAUG
05-05-14, 13:53
She, the officer, rolled up on him. He choked her through the cruiser window, and was going for the gun, when citizens intervened. Or at least that's what the video led me to believe.

Ahhh that changes things a bit. Thanks.

Irish
05-05-14, 13:56
Ahhh that changes things a bit. Thanks.

You betcha. ;)

platoonDaddy
05-05-14, 14:32
Yes it was a female, Officer Jennifer Robison. She did manage to place call for backup, fortunately the citizens assisted her while awaiting for the cavalry.

markm
05-05-14, 14:43
Those helper citizens are racist.

fixit69
05-05-14, 14:47

I'm sure that's the way it will be reported.

markm
05-05-14, 14:48
I'm sure that's the way it will be reported.

If one of them had let the air out of this asshole, you damn well know that's where it'd have gone.

fixit69
05-05-14, 14:55
Straight to hell. With a 100% chance of shitstorms.

platoonDaddy
05-05-14, 15:15

Believe they were black, therefore my the new definition they can't be a racist.

Irish
05-05-14, 15:20
Believe they were black, therefore my the new definition they can't be a racist.

Now you are. :)

ptmccain
05-05-14, 17:55
A shame some people can't read a positive story like this without trying to make something racial out of it.

WickedWillis
05-05-14, 18:21
A shame some people can't read a positive story like this without trying to make something racial out of it.

Careful, remember what happened last time you stood up for what you believed in on here?

WickedWillis
05-05-14, 18:22
It's nice to see good people stepping up and doing what's right, makes me have a little more faith in humanity.

SeriousStudent
05-05-14, 20:58
Very glad to see folks helping the officer. Mephistan is a danged dangerous place.

Tom Givens of Rangemaster (who is a member here, and an excellent teacher) has posted some pretty sober statistics about how violent a town it is.

scoutfsu99
05-05-14, 23:16
Very glad to see folks helping the officer. Mephistan is a danged dangerous place.

Tom Givens of Rangemaster (who is a member here, and an excellent teacher) has posted some pretty sober statistics about how violent a town it is.

People in the know have referred to it as Mogadishu on the Mississippi. There's a bunch of M4C'ers and LF'ers here. A lot of people in this city carry.....too bad they weren't there to help.

SeriousStudent
05-05-14, 23:31
People in the know have referred to it as Mogadishu on the Mississippi. There's a bunch of M4C'ers and LF'ers here. A lot of people in this city carry.....too bad they weren't there to help.

Agreed. Tom's good people, and his wife is a very nice lady, and a really good instructor as well. I met them last year, and it was great to pick their brains for a weekend. John Hearne was also there, he's a classy fellow and fascinating to chat with. Memphis was very well represented, believe me!

So don't get too distracted by that good BBQ, keep your eyes peeled!

NWPilgrim
05-06-14, 00:06
Great act of courage and civic spirit for the residents to jump in and help the officer. Hope this maniac gies on ice for a long time.