PDA

View Full Version : My PSA Lower came in scratched

ewx
05-06-14, 17:01
I ordered an MOE assembled lower from PSA. There is a noticeable scratch on it. Obviously it's not the blemished lower, otherwise I wouldn't care. I sent them an email last Friday and have yet to hear from them. What would you guys expect from the situation? I'm honestly not even sure if I expect anything. I can easily get a bluing touch up pen. I would like a new one, but I don't really care to spend the money for an FFL fee and wait another 3 weeks. I guess my biggest beef is I could have saved $40 by ordering the blemished lower. I've ordered other things from them and have been pleased, so this was disappointing. What do you guys think?

MistWolf
05-06-14, 17:09
PSA can be slow to respond. Keep at them by email & phone. Try sending them a PM on this site and maybe TOS

223to45
05-06-14, 17:34
shoot it.

ewx
05-06-14, 17:36
shoot it.

After my Sionics upper gets in, that's the plan. I'm not disappointed there is a scratch. I'm disappointed I'm not the one that scratched it.

weez440
05-06-14, 17:37
keep at them, see if they will send you back 40 dollars as it is par with a blemished lower and shoot the shit out of it.

03scgt
05-06-14, 17:39
Why did you accept the transfer if something was wrong? Would have made life a lot easier if you refused it right then

Jwknutson17
05-06-14, 17:40
I had a similar situation with them. They just refunded me the difference plus an additional 10 bucks. I didn't really care because 2 days later at the range, someone knocked it (the rifle) out of the back of my truck on some rocks. Now the scratch it came with looks amazing compared to now. That rifle became my spray paint gun the following weekend. They will take care of you. Good people. But fast customer service/shipping is there weak point. Let us know how it all works out for you.

Jwknutson17
05-06-14, 17:41
Why did you accept the transfer if something was wrong? Would have made life a lot easier if you refused it right then

This is the correct way to deal with damaged firearms..

ewx
05-06-14, 17:42
Why did you accept the transfer if something was wrong? Would have made life a lot easier if you refused it right then Like I said earlier, it just wasn't worth the wait. I can touch it up or just ignore it.

I had a similar situation with them. They just refunded me the difference plus an additional 10 bucks. I didn't really care because 2 days later at the range, someone knocked it (the rifle) out of the back of my truck on some rocks. Now the scratch it came with looks amazing compared to now. That rifle became my spray paint gun the following weekend. They will take care of you. Good people. But fast customer service/shipping is there weak point. Let us know how it all works out for you. Good to know. Thanks for the reply.

graffex
05-06-14, 18:42
Just rattle can that biatch and drive on...

GotAmmo
05-06-14, 19:09
Like I said earlier, it just wasn't worth the wait. I can touch it up or just ignore it.

So why create a thread asking "what would you do", I can understand your disappointment but really .. you've already expressed that you don't want them to replace it etc etc

Maybe I am missing something .... 95% chance you were going to spray paint it and the scratch would have never been seen again

ewx
05-06-14, 19:11
So why create a thread asking "what would you do", I can understand your disappointment but really .. you've already expressed that you don't want them to replace it etc etc

Maybe I am missing something .... 95% chance you were going to spray paint it and the scratch would have never been seen again

Well it's a discussion forum and i wanted to discuss it? I'm curious what other people have done or would do. Not that big of a deal.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

tgizzard
05-06-14, 19:15
unless it's going to impede function who cares. It will get many more scuff marks and scratches on it over the course of its life. Like others have said, why post about it if you don't think it's that big of a deal and you're ultimately ok with the situation?

ewx
05-06-14, 19:41
unless it's going to impede function who cares. It will get many more scuff marks and scratches on it over the course of its life. Like others have said, why post about it if you don't think it's that big of a deal and you're ultimately ok with the situation?

I didn't realize we were so frugal with posts here and couldn't discuss less important matters.

fifthward
05-06-14, 20:02
Just rattle can that biatch and drive on...

+1

Slide it down the drive way. Then - you won't even think twice about that lone scratch.

ewx
05-06-14, 20:08
+1

Slide it down the drive way. Then - you won't even think twice about that lone scratch.

Nice.

wildcard600
05-06-14, 20:14
I would see if you can get the $40 back.

PSA is damn slow though. I sent them a email about some magpul stuff I bought that hadn't shown up after almost a month of waiting and it took them a full three weeks to respond to my email with a tracking number. of course by that time the package had already arrived two weeks earlier.

ewx
05-06-14, 20:15
I would see if you can get the $40 back.

PSA is damn slow though. I sent them a email about some magpul stuff I bought that hadn't shown up after almost a month of waiting and it took them a full three weeks to respond to my email with a tracking number. of course by that time the package had already arrived two weeks earlier.

$40 would be nice. In all honesty, that is the part that grinds my gears.

jc000
05-06-14, 20:19
I didn't realize we were so frugal with posts here and couldn't discuss less important matters.

I think your post is fine. A lot of people on here will be like "who cares, you'll get more scratches, shoot it, blah, blah"... the reality is, if I bought anything as "new" and it came scratched (especially when a cheaper "blem" version was offered) it would bother me as well. My experiences with PSA have been pretty solid, I think just keep on them and they will likely do something to make it worth your while. Good luck and enjoy your rifle. You should definitely enjoy your Sionics upper! Which one are you getting?

ewx
05-06-14, 20:25
I think your post is fine. A lot of people on here will be like "who cares, you'll get more scratches, shoot it, blah, blah"... the reality is, if I bought anything as "new" and it came scratched (especially when a cheaper "blem" version was offered) it would bother me as well. My experiences with PSA have been pretty solid, I think just keep on them and they will likely do something to make it worth your while. Good luck and enjoy your rifle. You should definitely enjoy your Sionics upper! Which one are you getting?

Thanks for the reply. I'm getting the patrol rifle 1 upper. It should be worth the wait.

jc000
05-06-14, 20:33
I have the Patrol I complete rifle. You should be pleased. Beautifully balanced and has been reliable for the few thousand rounds I've shot though it.

BTL BRN
05-06-14, 21:51
Am I not seeing a pic or was one never posted? Hard to say whether it is something to be bothered by without actually seeing the damage.

Cold/Bore
05-06-14, 21:51
Get psa to refund you the difference in ammo and just shoot the crap out of it!

Iraqgunz
05-06-14, 22:05
We can't decide for you. Only you know if the frustration and effort is worth it for a 40.00 lower. PSA customer service and slow response times are well known.

Joe Mamma
05-07-14, 07:49
I ordered an MOE assembled lower from PSA. There is a noticeable scratch on it. Obviously it's not the blemished lower, otherwise I wouldn't care. I sent them an email last Friday and have yet to hear from them. What would you guys expect from the situation? I'm honestly not even sure if I expect anything. I can easily get a bluing touch up pen. I would like a new one, but I don't really care to spend the money for an FFL fee and wait another 3 weeks. I guess my biggest beef is I could have saved $40 by ordering the blemished lower. I've ordered other things from them and have been pleased, so this was disappointing. What do you guys think?

I understand how you feel and I think you are being completely reasonable.

I don't know if someone else mentioned this. But I am fairly sure you can exchange it for another without having to go through a FFL (because it is a warranty replacement or something like that). They can send it directly to your house.

That being said, I would probably ask for money back.

Joe Mamma

markm
05-07-14, 08:25
I would file a lawsuit for your emotional damages and lost work time... and damage to your shooting career.

munch520
05-07-14, 08:31
OP, is this something Alumablack (or the like) could cover up and make you feel better about? If so, I wouldn't go through the hassle with an exchange with PSA. Maybe you can b!itch loud enough to get a free TG or something out of it...

I like the "go forth and do more damage" advice. A scratch is less obvious when there's more than one

WadeP
05-07-14, 08:48
I would also like to see a pic. As a PSA dealer, I see at least a couple of "blemished" lowers a week and I usually have to look close to find the blem so getting a supposedly first run lower with a scratch would suck. I would definitely complain to PSA and not let it slide.
Yes, you could have refused it when you did the transfer, but since you paid for the lower upfront, would still be stuck with dealing with Palmetto's "CS" unless you compensated your FFL for the trouble.
Joe Mamma is correct, it is permissible for a manufacturer to send a replacement firearm of the same type directly to you without going through a FFL but most wont do it.
PSA is sort of a pain to get in touch with. Emailing and calling daily is your best bet. Don't bother leaving messages but eventually someone will respond to the email or pick up the phone.
I'm sorry this happened but I'm certain PSA will make it right.

BBossman
05-07-14, 09:00
I would file a lawsuit for your emotional damages and lost work time... and damage to your shooting career.

Didn't somebody take a band-saw to theirs a few years ago? Thats still a valid option I guess.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Grand58742
05-07-14, 09:09
Didn't somebody take a band-saw to theirs a few years ago? Thats still a valid option I guess.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

I think that was a Spikes. But yeah, same principle applies.

I can understand the issue OP is having with customer service and I've found TOS to be the best way of getting in contact with them. And generally they make it right when you do (finally) get a hold of them.

ewx
05-07-14, 14:19
I would also like to see a pic. As a PSA dealer, I see at least a couple of "blemished" lowers a week and I usually have to look close to find the blem so getting a supposedly first run lower with a scratch would suck. I would definitely complain to PSA and not let it slide.
Yes, you could have refused it when you did the transfer, but since you paid for the lower upfront, would still be stuck with dealing with Palmetto's "CS" unless you compensated your FFL for the trouble.
Joe Mamma is correct, it is permissible for a manufacturer to send a replacement firearm of the same type directly to you without going through a FFL but most wont do it.
PSA is sort of a pain to get in touch with. Emailing and calling daily is your best bet. Don't bother leaving messages but eventually someone will respond to the email or pick up the phone.
I'm sorry this happened but I'm certain PSA will make it right.

It's not that big, but it is incredibly noticeable. It's more of a knick than a scratch. Right on the nub for the safety selector. I'll see if I can snap a picture when I'm back at home.

For the other that asked it, I can certainly touch it up. I'd rather do that than mess with returning it. Refunding me the difference between the blem and new would be fair, in my opinion.

ewx
05-07-14, 14:28
For clarity, not the actual switch. I don't know what to call it. See this photo:

The scratch is probably an 1/8" mark along that nub.

Like I said, not huge but very noticeable.

BTL BRN
05-07-14, 15:40
I can't see anything in that pic, as it's pretty small; but is it possible it was scratched in transit? I have never purchased a PSA lower before, so I am not familiar with their shipping method.

ewx
05-07-14, 15:42
That's not my lower. It's just a picture of one on the internet. I added the arrow. I'll try to take a picture tonight of the actual lower.

Flankenstein
05-07-14, 15:58
I understand how you feel and I think you are being completely reasonable.

I don't know if someone else mentioned this. But I am fairly sure you can exchange it for another without having to go through a FFL (because it is a warranty replacement or something like that). They can send it directly to your house.

That being said, I would probably ask for money back.

Joe Mamma

Different serial number = another trip to the FFL as far as I am aware. Repairs can go directly back to you obviously...

tgizzard
05-07-14, 16:45
I can't believe this thread is still going. :confused: just put it together and shoot it. You'll forget all about that scratch, I guarantee it!

GH41
05-07-14, 17:24
I can't believe this thread is still going. :confused: just put it together and shoot it. You'll forget all about that scratch, I guarantee it!

That is why it makes sense to buy a blem lower. He didn't buy a blem lower! He wants to scratch it up himself. I would send it back and buy from someone who answers their phone or returns email in a reasonable amount of time! GH

PA PATRIOT
05-08-14, 10:34
From my own experience PSA is one of the worst in the business went it comes to customer service, I had received a badly scratched and damaged complete upper I purchased from them just before Christmas which was stated to be a new and not Blem item. Weeks of trying to call PSA's customer service and zero responses from e-mail's had me trying to work the issue out with M4Carbine's PSA rep who never came through and then disappeared from posting. While some have said that the damage is only cosmetic and I should shoot the upper the whole point of the issue is that PSA screwed me the customer delivering a item which any half blind monkey would see should have never left the warehouse and then leave no means for the customer to have PSA'a mistake corrected.

To the OP I hope you have better luck then I did.

RMiller
05-08-14, 10:49
You've got the lower. Unless it affects function, assemble and shoot.

But, I will say my experience with PSA was sour at best. Sent me the wrong barrel and straight up told me over the phone they wouldn't take it back.

I won't spend a dime with them. I don't care if they are running complete BCG's for $9.99. I'll spend my money with BCM.

T2C
05-08-14, 10:53
PSA may state that what you are seeing is a handling mark. Let us know how they handle your complaint.

Flankenstein
05-08-14, 10:57
If you ordered an unblemished lower, ask PSA to refund the difference in price and touch up the one you received. How this is handled will be an indicator of their integrity.

I have had a few F ups with PSA. I tried to like them and give them the benefit of the doubt. They always made it right...problem was the time and effort on my part it took for me to make them make it right. Very frustrating. Better than nothing? Sure. But the time and effort to get $40 back, or whatever the case my be usually isn't worth and it just becomes about principle at that point.

To me that is terrible CS. Sure they made it right, but after how many weeks and how many unanswered phone calls? I have been done with PSA for awhile now also...

markm
05-08-14, 11:00
Wow. I don't mind bad CS if a company doesn't make a lot of mistakes. But shit... I won't be ordering from these jokers ever.

glock21xxx
05-08-14, 11:01
I'll take this lower for 50 bucks stripped :)

graffex
05-08-14, 11:03
I'll stick with BCM...

Sent from my Motorola StarTac using Tapatalk

T2C
05-08-14, 11:04
I'll give any company a chance to make things right. If they are constantly making mistakes I shop elsewhere. If a company doesn't handle things to my satisfaction, there are plenty of other vendors willing to take my money.

Joe Mamma
05-08-14, 11:39
Different serial number = another trip to the FFL as far as I am aware. Repairs can go directly back to you obviously...

Actually, I am pretty sure that is not the case. I know various manufacturers have sent "replacement" firearms (with different serial numbers) directly to the consumer, as long as they are the same type first received by the manufacturer.

But I don't know if all manufacturers do it that way, or if all states allow it.

Joe Mamma

Flankenstein
05-08-14, 11:43
Actually, I am pretty sure that is not the case. I know various manufacturers have sent "replacement" firearms (with different serial numbers) directly to the consumer, as long as they are the same type first received by the manufacturer.

But I don't know if all manufacturers do it that way, or if all states allow it.

Joe Mamma

Well if that's true- awesome. I always thought a "new" firearm sans FTF transaction needed to go though an FFL. If I am wrong great, more freedom for the people.

BuzzinSATX
05-08-14, 12:18

Joe Mamma

This happens to me in TX. Glock replaced a G21 and sent the gun straight back to my house FedEx. Obviously, I had to sign for the gun, no drop off.

RMiller
05-08-14, 13:55
Exactly. I know they're a new company, but they really need to put their customers before the dollar. Good customer service goes a long way. Most times for them to do anything requires multiple phone calls, and arm twisting. Ridiculous.

Wow. I don't mind bad CS if a company doesn't make a lot of mistakes. But shit... I won't be ordering from these jokers ever.

Quick Draw
05-08-14, 14:03

This is the correct and best reply so far. I agree that new is "new" and should not have blems unless advertised and priced accordingly. YMMV.

Berserkr556
05-08-14, 19:56
For clarity, not the actual switch. I don't know what to call it. See this photo:

The scratch is probably an 1/8" mark along that nub.

Like I said, not huge but very noticeable.

For crying out loud man that small mark isn't worth mentioning. If it bugs you that much use a paint marker, assemble and shoot the crap out of it. As far as PSA good luck getting ahold of them. I for one choose to spend my hard earned money with companies like BCM, G&R Tactical and a couple others. They have great customer service etc.

munch520
05-08-14, 21:15
Read dude. That was just an example of where he was talking about it scratched. That is NOT a pic of his lower.

skywalkrNCSU
05-09-14, 09:29
I have had a few F ups with PSA. I tried to like them and give them the benefit of the doubt. They always made it right...problem was the time and effort on my part it took for me to make them make it right. Very frustrating. Better than nothing? Sure. But the time and effort to get $40 back, or whatever the case my be usually isn't worth and it just becomes about principle at that point.

To me that is terrible CS. Sure they made it right, but after how many weeks and how many unanswered phone calls? I have been done with PSA for awhile now also...

I too can't say I have many great things to say about PSA other than they have some good deals and their LPK's are pretty solid. Whenever you order from them you just have to expect shipping to take at least a week longer than almost anyone else. During a ban scare it is pathetic.

Fringe
05-09-14, 11:15
Tiss but a scratch, Romeo.

PA PATRIOT
05-09-14, 11:50
Exactly. I know they're a new company, but they really need to put their customers before the dollar. Good customer service goes a long way. Most times for them to do anything requires multiple phone calls, and arm twisting. Ridiculous.

PSA has been a round for some time now and should be past most growing pains especially with customer service, the current almost non-existent level of customer support just goes to show they are nothing more then a low class retailer.

GregP220
05-09-14, 13:37
I ordered a PSA Blemished Lower and I haven't found the blemish yet.

Maybe they mixed up our orders :cool:

tgizzard
05-09-14, 14:59
I ordered a PSA Blemished Lower and I haven't found the blemish yet.

Maybe they mixed up our orders :cool:

Salt meets wound

Stickman
05-09-14, 21:19
That's not my lower. It's just a picture of one on the internet. I added the arrow. I'll try to take a picture tonight of the actual lower.

Where is the picture of this hideous travesty of a lower receiver which has been mangled beyond all use? Where is that graven image that could gag a maggot? Surely I must be overlooking it, for as such a big deal is made of this scratch, you should be hung by the neck until you meet your maker, or PSA should be hung until they meet theirs.

Post the image and let us be the judge of which of you should meet the gallows.....

tmanker
05-09-14, 21:49
I offer no advice but I love these threads. One guy will tell you he would kick the salesman's ass because of it and the next will tell you to quit being a bitch.

Grand58742
05-09-14, 23:23
PSA has been a round for some time now and should be past most growing pains especially with customer service, the current almost non-existent level of customer support just goes to show they are nothing more then a low class retailer.

Yeah, but with some good sale prices.

Iraqgunz
05-10-14, 00:58
Advice has been given. The OP needs to figure it out on his own.