PDA

View Full Version : LMT MRP CQB 300BLK Expectations

40Arpent
05-07-14, 14:20
I've done my best at searching the forums, but haven't been able to piece together a sufficient answer. I recently converted one of my LMT MRP CQB carbines to 300BLK with a 10.5" barrel. I also have a 762-SDN6 that should be out of ATF jail within the coming months. My question is, what can I expect, with regards to proper functioning, when running supers and subs with and without the can if the only thing I've so far is install an H2 buffer? Should I start with a heavier buffer, different spring, anticipate the need for an adjustable gas block, etc? This will be my first experience with 300BLK, and any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Pete

neomastiff
05-07-14, 22:01
40arpnet,
While I do not have the 10.5 inch barrel yet, I do have experience with the 16 inch 300 blk barrel. I changed nothing but the barrel and bcg (I have the piston driven 5.56). The 300 blk runs perfectly with anything I feed it..suppressed/unsuppressed, subs and supers loaded alternately in the same magazine. The pistol length gas system "should" not require changes. When I get my 10.5 in barrel I plan on installing and firing it with no modifications.