PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Queston of the Month: Proper Trigger Installaton

MistWolf
05-07-14, 15:01
I figure everybody is entitled to ask a dumb question now and then ans since it's been awhile since I've asked anything dumb- or at least anythng really dumb I figure I got a couple saved up and should use them before they expire. So here goes-

When installing a trigger the disconnector spring needs to be oriented so it's not upside down. Would the right way be small end up or small end down?

If the disconnector spring is installed upside down what happens?

I've tried the search but between a bran fart and multiple keyboard malfunctions I've come up with nothing

Thanks!

markm
05-07-14, 15:05
Fat end down so it snaps into place in the trigger. No idea what'd happen if you did the opposite.

MistWolf
05-07-14, 15:09
Thanks Mark. The spring actually snaps into place in the trigger part?

markm
05-07-14, 15:11
As far as I remember. I had a hammer out yesterday with the spring snapped into it. I usually compress the disconnector to get mine to pop into position.

markm
05-07-14, 15:16
I'm seeing pics of the spring installed both ways. I swear I can remember snapping that sucker into position.

Obscenejesster
Thanks Mark. The spring actually snaps into place in the trigger part?

There is a circular indent the spring sits in. I think the lip on the indent captures the first coil of the spring.

MistWolf
Thanks again. You've been a big help. Anyone have an idea what happens if the spring is installed wrong?

Anything else a rookie should look out for?

markm
05-07-14, 15:26
Thanks again. You've been a big help. Anyone have an idea what happens if the spring is installed wrong?

It could possibly wiggle itself out of position if not snapped into the groove.

Failure2Stop
05-07-14, 15:33
If not secured in position, it can walk.
If it walks enough it won't do it's job of catching the hammer.
This could cause an unintentional cyclic rate of fire as long as the trigger is depressed, but will usually result in simple hammer-follow (failure to fire with failure of trigger to reset).