PDA

View Full Version : Gloves for women?

Moose-Knuckle
05-07-14, 16:04
My better half currently has a pair of women's Mechanix Original gloves. The rub is they only come in ****ing pink camo and original with the big white letters all over them. I have measured my wife's hands and even men's small sized gloves are huge on her. I recently picked myself up some PIG FDT Alphas and it got me to thinking if there was anything similar on the market for female shooters.

If nothing else I'll just get her several more pairs of the Mechanix and hit them with a rattle can.

skd_tactical
05-07-14, 17:57
Our new sizes (from maybe OCT 2013) may be better suited for her. I actually found that I had to go up one size with them. Check them out as we have had several rave reviews from Female end users.

SOS

Moose-Knuckle
05-07-14, 18:12
Our new sizes (from maybe OCT 2013) may be better suited for her. I actually found that I had to go up one size with them. Check them out as we have had several rave reviews from Female end users.

SOS

Hmm, that might work. I got a pair of men's mediums in bound from you guys. I'll let her try them on and may pick her up a pair in small depending on how they fit her.

709bubblehead
05-11-14, 13:52
Here's another vote for PIG Alphas. My wife's got a pair of small's that fit her very well. She loves them!

gundam83
05-15-14, 12:56
I have a small womanly fingers and even the Pig smalls had a little excess material. Oakley has a set of lightweight gloves that are available in XS which might be the ticket.

Moose-Knuckle
05-15-14, 14:53
I have a small womanly fingers and even the Pig smalls had a little excess material. Oakley has a set of lightweight gloves that are available in XS which might be the ticket.

Sweet, I didn't know about these so I'll check them out. Thanks for the heads up!

12thman
05-15-14, 17:06
Outdoor Research has women specific tactical type gloves...the "Airbrake" model gloves

Moose-Knuckle
05-15-14, 17:54
Outdoor Research has women specific tactical type gloves...the "Airbrake" model gloves

Once again, many thanks. I've never heard of these and have ordered many times from OR.

Hound_va
05-17-14, 10:22
They even have xxs gloves. Two versions...summer and regular weight.

http://www.mizmac.com/the-gun-glove

Moose-Knuckle
05-17-14, 16:40
They even have xxs gloves. Two versions...summer and regular weight.

http://www.mizmac.com/the-gun-glove

Many thanks, I'll check them out.

Moose-Knuckle
01-12-16, 23:45
Bringing this one back due to SKD releasing the PIG FDT Charlie Women's Glove.

http://www.skdtac.com/PIG-FDT-Charlie-Women-s-Glove-p/pig.752.htm

skd_tactical
01-13-16, 09:05
Motus just posted a review. It's the first review I have seen outside the ones posted directly on our website.

http://motusworld.com/2016/01/skd-pig-fdt-charlie-womens-glove/

RobertTheTexan
01-13-16, 10:31
My better half currently has a pair of women's Mechanix Original gloves. The rub is they only come in ****ing pink camo and original with the big white letters all over them. I have measured my wife's hands and even men's small sized gloves are huge on her. I recently picked myself up some PIG FDT Alphas and it got me to thinking if there was anything similar on the market for female shooters.

If nothing else I'll just get her several more pairs of the Mechanix and hit them with a rattle can.

Hey Moose, I've bought a couple pair of gloves from Zoro. They aren't just a glove company but sell all kinds of tools, BUT...their glove selection or choice is insane. It was almost a drawback for me because I couldn't make up my mind on what brand I wanted. I ended up calling them, telling them what I needed, this color, knuckle protection etc, and the guy made a few recommendations. I think it's worth a look anyway. www.zoro.com. The prices seem fair enough to me and their customer service was also pretty good. I had some questions about glove choice another time and the customer service person responded pretty quickly and answers my questions. I'm not an expert on what gloves are better than other brands, but they have a lot to choose from and I'm happy with the gloves I bought.

I have their number on an invoice if you want that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vandal
01-13-16, 23:20
SKD is releasing their PIG Charlie gloves made just for female shooters.

Moose-Knuckle
01-14-16, 03:09
SKD is releasing their PIG Charlie gloves made just for female shooters.

Already mentioned above . . .

Bringing this one back due to SKD releasing the PIG FDT Charlie Women's Glove.

http://www.skdtac.com/PIG-FDT-Charlie-Women-s-Glove-p/pig.752.htm

JVG19
02-06-16, 23:48
Pig alpha gloves are the best , men or women

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Moose-Knuckle
02-07-16, 02:57
Hey Moose, I've bought a couple pair of gloves from Zoro. They aren't just a glove company but sell all kinds of tools, BUT...their glove selection or choice is insane. It was almost a drawback for me because I couldn't make up my mind on what brand I wanted. I ended up calling them, telling them what I needed, this color, knuckle protection etc, and the guy made a few recommendations. I think it's worth a look anyway. www.zoro.com. The prices seem fair enough to me and their customer service was also pretty good. I had some questions about glove choice another time and the customer service person responded pretty quickly and answers my questions. I'm not an expert on what gloves are better than other brands, but they have a lot to choose from and I'm happy with the gloves I bought.

I have their number on an invoice if you want that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry must have missed this post, thanks for the link and heads up. I think for now we'll stick with the SKD gloves but it's always good to have options.

skd_tactical
02-08-16, 10:38
Pig alpha gloves are the best , men or women

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

We completely Agree! Even running a promo for Valentines Day 30% off HIS and HERS!

Moose-Knuckle
02-13-16, 03:33
We completely Agree! Even running a promo for Valentines Day 30% off HIS and HERS!

Outstanding promo, just saved $25.77 on the his and her gloves.

sjc3081
02-13-16, 18:49
http://www.safetygirl.com/womens-gloves.html
No personal experience.

Alex V
02-15-16, 16:02
My wife uses a small pair of PIG Alphas as well and likes them. Before I got her those she actually used golf gloves. They are no where near as durable, but she loved them.