PDA

View Full Version : Best value stripped lowers in current market?

~kev~
05-13-14, 13:30
Here we are almost to the middle of 2014. It seems the panic buying of 2013 was just a few days ago and parts were impossible to find.

In the current market with prices still coming down, what are some of the price:quality ratio stripped lowers on the given market?

I am noticing is a wide price flux between certain vendors and brandnames.

Is a Noveske lower receiver for $173 that much better than a Rainier Arms forged lower receiver for $136?

What about a Spikes stripped lower selling for $89 - $100. Is a Rainier Arms that much better that it is worth an extra $50 Or a Noveske that much better that it is worth twice as much as the spikes?

Lets say I wanted to buy 3 or 4 lowers and build rifles for my grown adult kids. Should I buy 4 Palmetto state blemished lowers for $49 or $59, or spend the extra money and buy more expensive lower?

Several months ago I bought one of those Anderson stripped lower receivers from PSA. I think the detent pin hole for the safety was drilled wrong. The safety would not align up with the "safe" or "fire" markings, and the safety would not "snap" into position. Anderson did an RMA on the first lower. The replacement lower is that much better. So doubt I will buy another Anderson.

The PSA lowers I built off off were ok, but I feel they were not as good as the Spikes lower on one of my builds.

Between the Anderson, PSA and Spikes lowers I could feel the difference in how the safety selector operated. With the Anderson lower the safety barely snaps into place, while the Spikes lower the safety has a firm snap. I am going to guess the differences is in the tolerances of the safety detent hole? Because I switched out the safety selector and springs and got the same result.

Overall, I have not been "that" happy with those low cost stripped lower receivers.

If I liked the Spikes lower best of the three and it was around $80, should I go ahead and get a Rainier Arms stripped lower for around $137?

Or should I wait for prices to come down even more?

Lopro619
05-13-14, 13:36
You can get Aero Precision lowers for around $75. About as high quality as you'll find too. They forge receivers for a handful of companies in our community.

VIP3R 237
05-13-14, 13:36
I personally think the Aero is tough to beat for the $. Great finish, they also thread the hole where the spring and detent reside for the rear take down pin.

sadmin
05-13-14, 13:38
Spikes is the Affliction brand of the shooting world. That being said, never had an issue with their lowers. Aero P has good prices...forged is forged. PSA falls below those in my opinion, too many frequent issues across the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~kev~
05-13-14, 13:40
Did a quick google search from yall recomendations and fround Primary Arms carries Aero.

Aero Precision Stripped AR-15 Lower Receiver for $79.99

Forged http://www.primaryarms.com/Aero-Precision-Stripped-AR-15-Lower-Receiver-For-p/ap501102.htm

I have ordered from Primary Arms several times and have always been happy with their service. They are in Texas. I pay sales tax, but I get my order in like 2 days.

Lopro619
05-13-14, 13:49
Marsh at Primary Arms is one of my fave people in the industry. Great customer service.

carolvs
05-13-14, 13:50
Buy the rollmark you can live with from a company that provides reliable customer support.

justin_247
05-13-14, 13:52
Spikes is the Affliction brand of the shooting world.

Almost. They're not quite AAC, but they're close.

But I agree with you - their lowers are G2G.

Lopro619
05-13-14, 13:53
Almost. They're not quite AAC, but they're close.

But I agree with you - their lowers are G2G.

Not trying to get off topic, but what's the deal with AAC?

TAZ
05-13-14, 13:59
Aero Precision can be had for under $70 stripped on occasion. They seem good. Picked up 2 @ last gun show and the fit, finish seem very good. Haven't completed the builds yet, but the parts I've installed have fit well. My only concern with them is PMAGS. They seem like a snug fit.

~kev~
05-13-14, 14:04
Buy the rollmark you can live with from a company that provides reliable customer support.

I do not want to keep sending lowers back until I get one with a good safety "snap."

I would rather buy a good quality one to start with.

carolvs
05-13-14, 14:20

I recently bought two Noveske chainsaw lowers over the alternatives. A rollmark I can live with with solid customer support in the unlikely chance I'll need it

SiGfever
05-13-14, 14:22
I just bought a Mega lower, great build quality.

Bluto
05-13-14, 14:25
I did the same thing for my kids. They are under ten years old and who knows what the next 10 years will bring. I debated for a while over buying a bunch of "cheap" lowers or just a few "high quality" ones.

I figured they may use them in one of two ways; personal use/defense or to sell if they want the cash. The latter kind of made it an investment purchase more than anything, so I ended up going with known high-resale manufacturers.

So for personal use I bought them BCM 14.5” rifles and for investment/backup I ended up buying each a Colt M4A1 lower and am about to buy the 6921 uppers from grant.

Down the line I may end up buying a few “bulk” lowers just in case, but for now we felt this was the right way to go.

~kev~
05-13-14, 14:27
I recently bought two Noveske chainsaw lowers over the alternatives. A rollmark I can live with with solid customer support in the unlikely chance I'll need it

I like your phrase "unlikely chance."

I have not been happy with those low cost lowers. When I buy something, I want there to be an "unlikely chance" that I will have to send it back.

Do I have to spend $170 to get a quality product?

As of right now I am debating between the Aero and the Rainier Arms.

justin_247
05-13-14, 14:52
I like your phrase "unlikely chance."

I have not been happy with those low cost lowers. When I buy something, I want there to be an "unlikely chance" that I will have to send it back.

Do I have to spend $170 to get a quality product?

As of right now I am debating between the Aero and the Primary Arms.

I looked on their website, and I don't see any "Primary Arms" branded lowers on it. Do you have a link?

The AP branded lowers should be fine. I would be careful of lowers that are branded by companies that are not the OEM, though, since sometimes they may have poor quality control procedures. With that AP stamped on the side, you can go straight to the OEM if there is a problem.

223to45
05-13-14, 14:58
I would go with the Rainier Arms, they are made by Mega. They are a much nicer lower from what I have seen.

Most of my future builds have Mega lowers planned.

scottryan
05-13-14, 15:01
The entire premise of this thread is flawed.

Building off a stripped lower does not grandfather your gun if the assault weapons ban is renewed.

~kev~
05-13-14, 15:03
I looked on their website, and I don't see any "Primary Arms" branded lowers on it. Do you have a link?

You are right, I might have got my sites mixed up.

It is rainier arms, not primary arms,

Rainier Arms stripped lower - https://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=2669

justin_247

Building off a stripped lower does not grandfather your gun if the assault weapons ban is renewed.

Who said it did?

~kev~

Nobody mentioned in case of another assault rifle ban.

223to45
05-13-14, 15:08

What?? Put the doobie down. Come back is a couple hours.

~kev~
05-13-14, 15:51
If anything, this thread is about hedging against inflation.

In 10 or 20 years as prices go up I will already have some rifles to pass down.

But then again, its not like AR-15s have gone up "that" much in 20 years.

scottryan
05-13-14, 16:01
What?? Put the doobie down. Come back is a couple hours.

Or you can get informed over this matter before spouting your mouth off at me.

MistWolf
05-13-14, 16:20
I do not want to keep sending lowers back until I get one with a good safety "snap."

The "snap" has more to do with the pressure of the safety detent spring and fit of the detent pin in the detent than it does with the lower.

If you can find Aero Precision lowers for $80 a pop, you have your answer

~kev~
05-13-14, 16:43
The "snap" has more to do with the pressure of the safety detent spring and fit of the detent pin in the detent than it does with the lower.

Not when the depth of the hole is a few thousands too deep.

As I said, I tried several springs and different detent pins.

I even ordered a Colt safety selector from brownells to replace the one I got from PSA.

MistWolf
05-13-14, 16:50
The depth of the hole in the receiver, or the diameter?

~kev~
05-13-14, 16:53
The depth of the hole in the receiver, or the diameter?

I think the depth of the hole for the spring was too deep.

There was almost no tension on the safety selector, and the safety selector did not align with the safe / fire markings on the receiver.

I suspect the hole was drilled out of spec.

2nd.amendment
05-13-14, 17:21
I think you're overthinking this one :) ... If you don't want a particular rollmark, here's a link to Aero Precision for $60 (they also have blem Aero lowers for $55). Free shipping over $100.

Otherwise, spend what it costs to get the little picture you like.

http://www.shop.doasales.net/AERO-PRECISION-MULTICAL-LOWER-RECEIVER-X15.htm

Clint
05-13-14, 18:10
The Aero blem lower for $55 seems like a great value.

http://aeroprecisionusa.com/lower-receivers/ar15-stripped-lower-receiver-w-cosmetic-blemishes.html

Dylanbg20
05-13-14, 18:18
Got mine for the rollmark, plain and simple. 25873

Iraqgunz
05-13-14, 18:24
Get the cheapest piece of shit you can find. When Hillary gets nominated it won't matter if it's functional or not because panic mode will go in to full retard mode.

skywalkrNCSU
05-13-14, 18:25
Or you can get informed over this matter before spouting your mouth off at me.

Care to explain?

Dylanbg20
05-13-14, 18:27
Get the cheapest piece of shit you can find. When Hillary gets nominated it won't matter if it's functional or not because panic mode will go in to full retard mode.

+1 I'm afraid you're correct sir

scooter22
05-13-14, 18:28

This.

I've only bought Noveske stripped lowers. Personal preference.

Javelin
05-13-14, 18:51
I stick to top manufacturers. If building a rifle and my upper were Noveske I would get a Noveske lower. Same with DD or any rifle. But that's just me and it's all preference.

DWood
05-13-14, 18:57
I think you're overthinking this one :) ... If you don't want a particular rollmark, here's a link to Aero Precision for $60 (they also have blem Aero lowers for $55). Free shipping over $100.

http://www.shop.doasales.net/AERO-PRECISION-MULTICAL-LOWER-RECEIVER-X15.htm

The upper/lower set at DOA is $115 and they are first quality, not blems. Shipping is fast. I recently bought three sets.

TAZ
05-13-14, 19:40
Care to explain?

Grandfathered units most often refer to items that were fully assembled before a ban went into effect. Preferably factory assembled. In theory you could buy a gazillion stripped lowers and if a ban goes into effect that only grandfathers fully assembled units you'd be screwed if you got caught with one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bossman3
05-13-14, 19:58
I've used a couple different brands and I've always preferred it back to the aero precision. Especially the blem ones. Great value great price and they have great customer service. I had an issue with my lower(not Aero lower) fitting the upper and they took care of me hands down. I plan on buying a few more of their receivers sets in the next couple weeks :-)

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

skywalkrNCSU
05-13-14, 20:03
Grandfathered units most often refer to items that were fully assembled before a ban went into effect. Preferably factory assembled. In theory you could buy a gazillion stripped lowers and if a ban goes into effect that only grandfathers fully assembled units you'd be screwed if you got caught with one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

But one assembled pre ban would be grandfathered in right?

TMS951
05-13-14, 20:34
Aero Precision so far are my favorite ones. Tolerances are there and the finish has been applied properly and with out defect.

I find the role mark to be simple and aesthetically pleasing, and I like the straight forward nondescript company name. I also enjoy the use of pictograms on the selector position markings.

It is also my understanding Mega Machine lowers are made to very exacting tolerances as well. I do not have experience with them as I prefer the 'A' on the Aero lower Vs. the Atom Sign thing on the mega lower. It always makes me think of Homer Simpson at the Nuclear plant for some weird reason.

Obscenejesster
05-13-14, 20:37

It depends on how the law is written. In MD, as long as you owned a lower prior to October 1st 2013, you could legally build your AR. Maryland band AR's and lowers this past year so the only way you can buy one post October 1st is to purchase an HBAR. Yes, for some reason the politicians in MD think an AR with a heavy barrel is somehow less deadly. :rolleyes:

~kev~
05-13-14, 20:44

Honestly, and I am not trying to be rude, I do not care about the roll mark.

I just want a good quality lower but not want to overspend. If a $75 - $100 lower will do just as good as a $150 lower, then I see no reason to buy the $150 lower.

Prices are still coming down. Maybe in a few months those $150 lowers will be marked down.

If hillary gets her party nomination prices will probably go through the roof.

Before the 2016 elections I would like to have a rifle built for each of my kids, and then have a few spare lowers to sell on the open market.

Obscenejesster
05-13-14, 20:46

Before the 2016 elections I would like to have a rifle built for each of my kids, and then have a few spare lowers to sell on the open market.

It won't matter if Republicans keep control of the house and take control of the Senate.

scottryan
05-13-14, 20:46
But one assembled pre ban would be grandfathered in right?

There is no way to prove that which will hold up like a factory letter will

scottryan
05-13-14, 20:48
It depends on how the law is written. In MD, as long as you owned a lower prior to October 1st 2013, you could legally build your AR. Maryland band AR's and lowers this past year so the only way you can buy one post October 1st is to purchase an HBAR. Yes, for some reason the politicians in MD think an AR with a heavy barrel is somehow less deadly. :rolleyes:

My comments are based on the previous federal ban.

~kev~
05-13-14, 20:53
Between the Aero and the Rainier Arms, which is the better buy?

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=2124

http://www.primaryarms.com/Aero-Precision-Stripped-AR-15-Lower-Receiver-For-p/ap501102.htm

As for the prices, I can get an Aero and a Spikes lower parts kit for the price of a Rainier Arms lower with no parts.

Ryno12
05-13-14, 21:09
Not sure if it matters to the OP but the only 'small' issue I have with my Aero lower is that the bevel on the magwell is pretty much nonexistent. No experience with the Rainier but I wouldn't hesitate to get another Aero, especially if they can be had for $55 for a blem.

TacticalMark
05-13-14, 21:16
Mega or Aero for a best bang for your buck lower. Rainier's are machined by Mega. Buy what ever you can find cheaper. If finish is important to you, Mega seems better.

Treiz
05-13-14, 21:51
I picked up a Spikes for $90 and it seems to be the best bang for buck, also I like Mega. Beyond that you are paying for the roll mark or extra stuff.

SiGfever
05-13-14, 22:10
Just ordered the Aero, will compare it to my Mega when it arrives. If it is as good as stated, $60 is a heck of a deal.

scoutfsu99
05-13-14, 22:22
Between the Aero and the Rainier Arms, which is the better buy?

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=2124

http://www.primaryarms.com/Aero-Precision-Stripped-AR-15-Lower-Receiver-For-p/ap501102.htm

As for the prices, I can get an Aero and a Spikes lower parts kit for the price of a Rainier Arms lower with no parts.

Part of the price of the RA lower is their reputation and customer service - in addition to their lowers being manufactured by a top company. RA is a fantastic company and you will very rarely hear anything negative come from them. Not to take anything away from PA - they're great too. RA has always had generally higher prices but you know if anything goes sideways, they will 100% fix it or solve it to the best of their ability.

I do think that lower price is on the high side though, even with what I just said.

Lopro619
05-13-14, 22:55
Honestly, and I am not trying to be rude, I do not care about the roll mark.

I just want a good quality lower but not want to overspend. If a $75 - $100 lower will do just as good as a $150 lower, then I see no reason to buy the $150 lower.

Prices are still coming down. Maybe in a few months those $150 lowers will be marked down.

If you aren't worried about the roll mark, then why are you worried about when the price on $150 dollar lowers will come down? Just go with the Aero, you won't be sorry.

SteveL
05-13-14, 22:59
Remember that the Rainier has a slightly flared magwell, upper/lower tensioning screw, and is compatible with BAD's short throw safety. These features may or may not be important to you, but they likely account for at least part of the price difference.

SilverBullet432
05-13-14, 23:04
Not trying to get off topic, but what's the deal with AAC?

To my understanding: AAC=Freedom Group= DPMS.

SeriousStudent
05-13-14, 23:05
The word "ban" is not used anywhere in the original post. So bringing it up is missing the point.

So how about we actually drop that, and proceed with the gentleman's actual question? Thanks muchly.

RWH24
05-13-14, 23:31
http://www.wikiarms.com/group/ar15lowers

Chumly
05-14-14, 00:22
Remember that the Rainier has a slightly flared magwell, upper/lower tensioning screw, and is compatible with BAD's short throw safety. These features may or may not be important to you, but they likely account for at least part of the price difference.

I believe aero has models that are BAD lever compatible as well. Not sure the price of them though.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Headcase650
05-14-14, 01:09
I love the Aero Pew lower. Pew, No Pew and Pew Pew Pew Pew....thats awesome!

squid8286
05-14-14, 07:35
Personally, I don't care what roll mark is on a lower as long as it's a quality piece of equipment. Aero, CMT, and I THINK LAR make 90% of all the lowers out there. As long as you get one of these, you should be GTG. The way prices are right now, you should be stocking up!

USAF VET
05-14-14, 08:10
Think I'm going to order a few Aero blem lowers soon. I noticed Primary Arms also has them for $58.

thebarracuda
05-14-14, 08:31
I have built several rifles using spikes and aero stripped lowers. Both companies offerings were excellent quality and I am very happy with them. I would buy the aero however, simply because I prefer the simple roll mark. I can live without the spider on my lower, But it isn't a deal breaker.

~kev~
05-14-14, 08:35
If you aren't worried about the roll mark, then why are you worried about when the price on $150 dollar lowers will come down? Just go with the Aero, you won't be sorry.

Prices are still coming down, but how much further will they drop? If I want to build a rifle in todays market do I need to spend $150 on a lower?

Lets take bolt carriers for example. We all know BCM makes a quality product. But their BCGs have not dropped in price in the past year. PSA premium bolt carriers without roll mark are less than $100, while the BCM is $189.

Do I need to spend almost $200 on a good BCG? No I do not. There are other options out there besides the BCM.

It seems like companies across the board are dropping prices, except for certain brands.

The whole point of this thread is what quality brand name lower receivers have dropped their prices? I can spend $250 on a stripped lower. Just because it cost more does not mean it is better.

As of right now I am looking at the Aero lower receiver from primary arms with a spikes tactical lower parts kit. With a blemished lower that is going to be about $113 + tax and shipping.

$113 - lower receiver + parts kit
$38.95 - BCM Milspec Receiver Extension
$20 - Magpul pistol grip
$399 - PSA 16" M4A1 Premium with BCG and charging handle
$40 - Magpul stock

Total price $610.95 + shipping, taxes and other fees.

skywalkrNCSU
05-14-14, 08:53
I have built four lowers, LAR, Aero, CMT (billet), and Spikes (got it for $85 locally). Of all those the CMT by far seemed to have the most thought and precision put into it but then again the price is up there since it is a billet lower. The others were all about the same to me. I didn't want a spikes lower for my current build because I don't like their roll mark but I couldn't find a cheaper option since I could find it locally for $85. If I got a RA or others after FFL I just couldn't justify it for a different roll mark.

I don't buy my guns to sell them later so at the end of the day the roll mark only matters to me and money in my bank account matters a lot more.

Ryno12
05-14-14, 08:53
Lets take bolt carriers for example. We all know BCM makes a quality product. But their BCGs have not dropped in price in the past year. PSA premium bolt carriers without roll mark are less than $100, while the BCM is $189.

Do I need to spend almost $200 on a good BCG? No I do not. There are other options out there besides the BCM.

Actually, BCM dropped the price of their BCG a few weeks ago.

I think I counted at least 3 threads that you've started regarding the quality/price of lowers within the last year. The info in those threads is still pretty much the same. Prices have come down a bit but only you can decide what is a justifiable price for the quality of lower you need. If an Aero works for you, give'er. No need to overthink it.

justin_247
05-14-14, 10:16
Personally, I don't care what roll mark is on a lower as long as it's a quality piece of equipment. Aero, CMT, and I THINK LAR make 90% of all the lowers out there.

Do you have any evidence for this statement?

If not, then just stop. This goes back to the old myth that "most AR parts are made by the same few OEMs, so where you buy it really doesn't matter - they're all the same." This belief has no basis in fact.

Just off the top of my head, I can probably name two dozen companies who forge their own lowers, and they sell an absolute ton. So unless you have numbers for all of them, you really have no business saying any of this.

Watrdawg
05-14-14, 10:31
Recently I purchased 2 Aero Lowers and installed Colt Lower parts kits in them and then topped them with BCM uppers. They both run fine and the Colt LPK's installed with no problems at all. I also did the same with a Noveske Chainsaw lower. Really can't tell a difference between the 2. Considering cost, I'd stick with the Aero.

ac130usnsr
05-14-14, 11:02
Not when the depth of the hole is a few thousands too deep.

As I said, I tried several springs and different detent pins.

I even ordered a Colt safety selector from brownells to replace the one I got from PSA.

The depth of the selector detent hole on the reciever can't be too deep, impossible, as the detent comes out the end and makes contact with the selector and the selector detent spring pushes on the back of the selector detent. The only hole that could be too deep and was probably the source of your problem is the hole for the selector detent spring in the pistol grip. Otherwise the lack of a good "snap" on the selector is from a weak or short spring, misshapened or short selector detent or poor macinining on the selector itself.

~kev~
05-14-14, 12:10
The depth of the selector detent hole on the reciever can't be too deep, impossible, as the detent comes out the end and makes contact with the selector and the selector detent spring pushes on the back of the selector detent. The only hole that could be too deep and was probably the source of your problem is the hole for the selector detent spring in the pistol grip.

Reverse that hole depth, if it was too deep the detent pin would be too deep.

If the hole was not deep enough, then that would explain the issue.

Otherwise the lack of a good "snap" on the selector is from a weak or short spring, misshapened or short selector detent or poor macinining on the selector itself.

As I have explained several times, I tried several springs, different detents and two different selectors.

One selector came with the PSA parts kit.

The other selector was a Colt ordered from brownells.

I even took my Spikes lower apart, took the spring and detent out of it and put it into the Anderson lower. The safety selector never functioned as it should have, and was RMAed back to anderson.

The replacement Anderson lower is not much better. At least with the replacement lower the selector aligns with the safe / fire markings. The safety selector on the second lower does not have a "snap" to it. It feels like the slightest bump could move the safety from safe to fire.

Chances are the Anderson lower will be replaced and sold off during the next panic buying. I am just not happy with the quality of the two Anderson lowers I have tried to use.

ac130usnsr
05-14-14, 13:33
The replacement Anderson lower is not much better. At least with the replacement lower the selector aligns with the safe / fire markings. The safety selector on the second lower does not have a "snap" to it. It feels like the slightest bump could move the safety from safe to fire.

Should be easily fixed, try a different pistol grip. If that doesn't work, then just drill the selector detent pin hole a little deeper so that the detent protrudes far enough to fully engage the dimples in the selector.

Freelance
05-14-14, 13:59
I've had a variety of lowers (RRA, Olympic, Spikes, Noveske, AR15.com, SI Defense, Mega,) had no serious problems with any. On a one of the billet lowers (SI Defense as I recall,) I had to shave off a little material off the lower to get it to fit tight with the Troy rail I had chosen. I think the nicest lowers in terms of fit and finish was probably the Mega. AR15.com and Spikes billets being a pretty close second.

RWH24
05-14-14, 16:38

The AP branded lowers should be fine. I would be careful of lowers that are branded by companies that are not the OEM, though, since sometimes they may have poor quality control procedures. With that AP stamped on the side, you can go straight to the OEM if there is a problem.

https://www.primaryarms.com/Spike-s-Tactical-Lower-Multi-Forged-Primary-Arms-p/stls020.htm

Flankenstein
05-14-14, 16:49
Actually, BCM dropped the price of their BCG a few weeks ago.

I think I counted at least 3 threads that you've started regarding the quality/price of lowers within the last year. The info in those threads is still pretty much the same. Prices have come down a bit but only you can decide what is a justifiable price for the quality of lower you need. If an Aero works for you, give'er. No need to overthink it.

So true! What's even more f'd up is that this thread is 4 pages long and still cranking along...

TMS951
05-14-14, 17:31
My two Aero lowers were marked as blems. I scrutinized both of them and for the life of me can't find the blemish.

xcravx
05-15-14, 07:47
Is there any place that has the Mega lowers for prices that approach the Aero ones? Cheapest I'm seeing the Mega lowers $124.00, and I prefer the Mega rollmark, but Aero looks to be less than half the price.

squid8286
05-15-14, 08:17
Do you have any evidence for this statement?

If not, then just stop. This goes back to the old myth that "most AR parts are made by the same few OEMs, so where you buy it really doesn't matter - they're all the same." This belief has no basis in fact.

Just off the top of my head, I can probably name two dozen companies who forge their own lowers, and they sell an absolute ton. So unless you have numbers for all of them, you really have no business saying any of this.

This information is widely available. Here is one list; more than three, but hardly two dozen - http://www.carolinashootersclub.com/threads/102067-Know-your-AR-15-Lower-Manufacturer

I really don't need you telling me what I do and don't have business saying/doing.

DWood
05-15-14, 09:50
An outdated list posted by someone in a forum is hardly a definitive source of information. I have read many lists like this, and find many errors. The list you posted even discusses the errors within that thread.

I really would like to know the answer to who makes what for ALL AR-15s, but I don't consider these non-vetted sources as an accurate source of information. Besides upper and lower receivers, I really want to know who makes the various LPKs on the market.

The non-dislosure agreements the manufacturers sign mean that much of the Internet info posted is speculative, or wait, isn't everything found on the Internet true?

squid8286
05-15-14, 10:06
I agree the the list is somewhat outdated, and no, everything read on the internet isn't true, but that list is made up of what I believe are fairly accurate examples of who makes what. There may be minor errors, but I think the list is pretty close. One thing it mentions is that manufacturers sometimes switch their suppliers for various parts from one to another and then back again. I still believe the list of major parts suppliers is pretty limited. As for small parts such as LPKs, I would love an answer to that one as well.

SiGfever
05-15-14, 10:13
Is there any place that has the Mega lowers for prices that approach the Aero ones? Cheapest I'm seeing the Mega lowers $124.00, and I prefer the Mega rollmark, but Aero looks to be less than half the price.

Recently Aim Surplus had them on sale for $99, that is when I picked up mine.