PDA

View Full Version : Molle Compatible Kydex Holster for Battle Belt

KTR03
05-13-14, 14:47
Hey Guys,
Building out a battle belt from Tactical Tailor. I'm fortunate to live up the road from them. I've got everything I need mounted on tear aways so that its flexible, but I have hit a roadblock. I can't seem to find a kydex molle compatible holster for a Glock 17 and light. Sort of shocked as I would have thought this was a common request. Not interested in the Blackhawk offering. I have a call in to Blade Tech. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

ptmccain
05-13-14, 15:12
Following...same question here

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

TxRaptor
05-13-14, 15:30
I use a G-Code setup personally. I believe OTG and a few other kydex holster makers can use the G-Code RTi mounting bracket on their holster designs. You could then utilize the quick detach method that G-Code offers with their molle mounting/attachment plate.

G-Code battle belt mount:
http://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/GCA87.html

mndang
05-13-14, 19:27
Following...same question here

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Same here. Ditto

MSteele
05-13-14, 20:56
These seem to get the job done attaching holsters to molle. RCS phantom light holster with these would be a good set up.

http://www.bawidamann.com/shop/Shenanigans%20%3E%20%28PUP%29%20Pals%20Universal%20Platforms/adsfadfadf/

pkowatch
05-13-14, 21:55
These seem to get the job done attaching holsters to molle. RCS phantom light holster with these would be a good set up.

http://www.bawidamann.com/shop/Shenanigans%20%3E%20%28PUP%29%20Pals%20Universal%20Platforms/adsfadfadf/

Yup, I'm using one of these with my RCS holster on a molle belt and it works great.

el_chingoton13
05-13-14, 22:07
I use an HSGI sure-grip belt and 1.75" belt loops work fine through two rows of the molle. Undo screws, loop through molle, re-screw, and done. I have has success with multiple kydex manufactures 1.75" loops, I mostly use RCS though.

Steve S.
05-14-14, 17:47
As mentioned above, 1.75" loops will fit two vertically stacked rows of MOLLE. If there's a space between the rows, it won't work.

There's always paracord, zip ties, and some manufacturer specific made adapters.

Even if you can't access the inner belt like VTAC version, you can usually get a dropped and offset holster and go up under the battle belt to reach the inner belt. I do this with the BladeTech drop / offset adapter hooked up up to a TekLock. Hope that makes sense. If not I can post pics.

Hmac
05-14-14, 18:34
I use a G-Code setup personally. I believe OTG and a few other kydex holster makers can use the G-Code RTi mounting bracket on their holster designs. You could then utilize the quick detach method that G-Code offers with their molle mounting/attachment plate.

G-Code battle belt mount:
http://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/GCA87.html

Yeh, that G-Code adapter worked for me on a Brokos, but I ultimately scrapped it and made my own kydex MOLLE mount for a Blade-Tech DOH using the G-Code version as a template. I riveted the DOH mount right to the MOLLE adapter that I made. That really worked out well and allowed me to skip the RTI wheel. I use BladeTech's TMMS system so I can switch between various holsters or various belts without having to detach any belt hardware.

Antonio5005
05-14-14, 19:32
I've used the G-Code RTI molle adapter. Works like it was suppose to. 2 screws and you're ready to go. I used an OTG holster and a G-Code OSH holster with it on an ATS war belt. Only issue I had was the molle belt rolling out at the top from the weight of the pistol/light setup. This caused the grip to kick out away from me. If the belt had a stiffener in it, it might not have rolled out. Slight annoyance for me, maybe not for others.

Steve S.
05-14-14, 23:29
I've used the G-Code RTI molle adapter. Works like it was suppose to. 2 screws and you're ready to go. I used an OTG holster and a G-Code OSH holster with it on an ATS war belt. Only issue I had was the molle belt rolling out at the top from the weight of the pistol/light setup. This caused the grip to kick out away from me. If the belt had a stiffener in it, it might not have rolled out. Slight annoyance for me, maybe not for others.

If you're using the MOLLE webbing, a stiffener wouldn't change anything. MOLLE webbing is pretty much the same on every war belt.

The issue you're likely having is the G-Code mounts are designed to ride the pistol lower and offset it. If this mount system is molded into a Pancake style holster, it rides too high and has a central attachment point, which causes it to wobble and sag.

Not taking shots at anyone's holster system; but adding a MOLLE lock like G-Code offers to the back center of the rear Kydex on a Pancake style holster isn't the best solution.

While not the most ideal, the best solution to use a modular Kydex pancake concealment holster on a war belt is to use 1.75" belt loops, use dual BladeTech MOLLE-Locks (if they line up to the holster's eyelets) on each side, or have something similar that spreads apart the 2 attachment points on the war belt. This will suck the holster in to the body and minimize wobbling. Another note - using Kydex for the attachment material isn't ideal either, because its a large amount of stress being placed on a concealment holster's attachments when mounted on a war belt.

I say the above isn't ideal because of two reasons.

1) War belts are designed to be worn slightly higher on the hip. Add in their large width and the holster itself generally has to be mounted so that the grip clears the top of the war belt's top line. Stack these two and the pistol rides quite high.

2) When using a dual attachment point as mentioned above to pull the holster in tight to the war belt and reduce sagging / wobbling - you've reduced the gap between the war belt / body and pistol grip. The Pancake style holster (Kydex or Leather) was designed for tight to the body concealment. Therefore it can be hard to get a hand in to get a proper master grip (you see a lot of shooters lean left if they are right handed when drawing, or vice versa). Depending on how low the holster is mounted, the war belt itself can scratch up your knuckles from reaching down between it and the holster.

Since the war belt rides higher and is "puffy" compared to a normal pants belt - the ideal for the war belt is a slightly dropped and slightly offset taco holster (Safariland, G-Code, BladeTech, etc). Passive or Active Retention is up to the operator.

This isn't to hate on EDC concealment holsters being used on war belts. I've done it myself, my company sells a simple adapter to do it, and plenty of people who shoot wayyy better than me run their kit this way. I also think there are some very distinct advantages to running a kydex pancake concealment holster on a war belt. But there are also some inherent significant disadvantages too, which can be amplified depending on how it is mounted. The big one is being too high on the body..... and add in Armor / Plate Carriers and it can get very difficult to draw the pistol.

While I personally prefer running just a pants belt in 1.75" or an inner / outer 1.75" Cobra belt system.... the bottom line is that for something that can be put on the body quickly, or over a jacket / heavy clothing, there's nothing that beats the war belt. Hell, I could confidently run a war belt with literally no other clothing on at all (maybe next Valentine's Day I'll experiment with it for the wife) if it was cinched down enough and had the rubbery grip type material on the inside that virtually every war belt has.

My last bit of advice... if you can access the inner belt of the war belt for mounting - it's a much more stable and secure platform for the holster. That's why the Brokos belt and others like it has became so popular.

Just my $0.02. Hope it helps someone.

tostado22
05-31-14, 16:47
I use an HSGI sure-grip belt and 1.75" belt loops work fine through two rows of the molle. Undo screws, loop through molle, re-screw, and done. I have has success with multiple kydex manufactures 1.75" loops, I mostly use RCS though.
Are you using the standard OWB loops for molle attachment?

Hmac
05-31-14, 17:10
Works well for me.

http://ssequine.net/TMMS2.jpg

Mozart
06-15-14, 22:53
Multiholsters.com

They can make you exactly what you want. Quality Kydex holster made for a specific light with molle clips.

It'll take them about 4 months though

KTR03
07-18-14, 15:14
I ended up driving down to blade tech. They put a molle compatible mount on a standard OWB holster for me. Works great.

docsherm
07-18-14, 22:48
I have been in this situation many times. I found the perfect solution..... Zip-Ties. Makes anything MOLLE compatable and it is cheep, easy to use, and replaceable.

MountainRaven
07-19-14, 21:48
I use the Safariland 6378(holster model)-832(G17 w/ light)-551(right hand, coyote brown)-MS28(MOLLE Locking System).

ghostsup
08-05-14, 09:48
Another thumbs up for multiholsters.com. I needed a holster to fit a S&W 9mm M&P FS with a Crimson Trace Lightguard... scoured the net. Didn't really like Crimson Trace's offering. They made me a carbon fiber style Krydex holster that fitted beautifully. They say their turnaround time is 12 weeks but I got in less than 2 weeks.

TACAV
08-10-14, 07:06
Anyone got an idea for a Nighthawk GRP Recon (5" 1911 with rail) with a Surefire X300 Ultra?

Surefire doesn't make a 6004 holster for it. I currently use the 6004 holster for an M&P 9 with Surefire X300 mounted to a low ride mounting plate on my HSGI padded warbelt. It would be nice if they made the same holster for my 1911 + light combo but I don't think they do.

G-Code also doesn't make a light cowling combo for an M&P 9 or an X300 ultra so no go there either.

I have RCS holsters for both these guns and the aforementioned Kydex holster to MOLLE adapter plate that bawidamann's makes looks like it's an awesome product but it doesn't allow me to drop my holsters low enough like the safariland setup or the G-Code setup mounting plates would.

so.... Im stuck for now I guess unless someone else has any ideas. :confused:

Loner
08-12-14, 12:51
You can use a Bladetech owb holster with light http://shop.blade-tech.com/holster-wtaclight-c-1_23_25.html#.U-pRGomSwRU and replace the teklok with a G Code RTI adapter http://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/Accessories/GCA39.html if you want to ride low use the G Code RTI Mule platform http://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/Accessories/GCA77.html to mount on the G Code battle belt adapter http://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/Accessories/GCA87.html if you want it waist high remove the rti mule and direct attach the holster to the battle belt. Hope this helps.

superr.stu
08-12-14, 18:44
For my Brokos i was lucky enough that the spacing worked out on my RCS holsters that I just used malice clips that i drilled to match up with the holes in the holster. Used the original RCS hardware to hang it. Zip Ties or 550 cord work pretty damn well also.

TACAV
08-14-14, 02:33
ill check that out thanks.

TACAV
08-14-14, 02:34
You can use a Bladetech owb holster with light http://shop.blade-tech.com/holster-wtaclight-c-1_23_25.html#.U-pRGomSwRU and replace the teklok with a G Code RTI adapter http://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/Accessories/GCA39.html if you want to ride low use the G Code RTI Mule platform http://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/Accessories/GCA77.html to mount on the G Code battle belt adapter http://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/Accessories/GCA87.html if you want it waist high remove the rti mule and direct attach the holster to the battle belt. Hope this helps.

ill check that out thanks.

Redbeardsong
08-14-14, 03:29
Blackpoint Tactical has some molle holsters now, for another option in the mix

Defaultmp3
08-14-14, 09:01
Anyone got an idea for a Nighthawk GRP Recon (5" 1911 with rail) with a Surefire X300 Ultra?

Surefire doesn't make a 6004 holster for it. I currently use the 6004 holster for an M&P 9 with Surefire X300 mounted to a low ride mounting plate on my HSGI padded warbelt. It would be nice if they made the same holster for my 1911 + light combo but I don't think they do.

Safariland 6004-5340. Hell, if you want ALS, they even have the 6304-560. Safariland lists both as working for multiple 5" 1911 models.

Hemi45
11-25-14, 22:42
Damn helpful thread - I have an HSGI belt and a G Code holster w/ molle attachment on order now!

GO_ALLOUT
12-14-14, 17:45
I'm running an HSGI Battle Belt with Cobra Riggers Belt...2 Pistol Tacos...1 AR taco...and a G-Code RTI for my holsters so that they can be easily swapped out. Has served me well, switch from 1911 to Glock Holster very quickly and easily and the best part is the pistol mag tacos will accomodate either mag!

GO_ALLOUT
12-15-14, 11:31
Check out T-Rex Arms...been on my list for a little while. Can do Molle Attachments or G-Code RTI...gonna be going this route for my G17 once I get my light...

trinydex
12-19-14, 11:57

G-Code also doesn't make a light cowling combo for an M&P 9 or an X300 ultra so no go there either.

I have RCS holsters for both these guns and the aforementioned Kydex holster to MOLLE adapter plate that bawidamann's makes looks like it's an awesome product but it doesn't allow me to drop my holsters low enough like the safariland setup or the G-Code setup mounting plates would.

so.... Im stuck for now I guess unless someone else has any ideas. :confused:

they don't make them yet, but i would guess that safariland will eventually make a lightbearing 7ts holster for 1911s.

the one for the g17 with light will hold a g26 without light. the light bearing cavity is generic so a wide variety of lights will fit. all the normal safariland mounting options are available.

trinydex
12-19-14, 12:28
taking what steve s said into consideration i think the idea is that most people will want to run a drop belt loop like the safariland ubl, but something attached to molle (unless you have a brokos belt or hsgi suregrip that has access ports).

Works well for me.

which attachment is this?

if i were into padded belts i would probably run a ubl with a 7ts holster. the draws are really smooth and it has the added option of both of safariland's industry standard locking mechanisms and generic light bearing.

the only hangup there is if the padded belt doesn't allow easy inner belt access like the brokos or the suregrip. if hmac's drop molle loop could fit a safariland pattern holster, that would fix that.