PDA

View Full Version : Safariland "Will Fit" Chart

ptmccain
05-15-14, 06:42
I've been going kind of crazy trying to find precisely the correct Safariland holster for my particular handgun, light and optic configuration.

I stumbled across this today after a lot of searching on Google and thought others who have not found it might find it as useful as I did. For others, no doubt, this will be a "duh, I new that" moment.

This is a comprehensive chart showing precisely which Safariland will fit for a handgun brand and accessory configuration.

http://www.safariland.com/DutyGear/info/willfit.aspx (http://www.safariland.com/DutyGear/info/willfit.aspx)

graffex
05-16-14, 21:34
They really need a better way to select a holster for your gun. They have WAY to many model numbers and options, it's confusing as hell. They need to have it broken down farther by what type of retention system it has.

ptmccain
05-16-14, 22:01
Could not agree more and just to add to the "fun" I heard from Safariland today that none of their holsters work with a Trijicon RMR. When I asked them to double check on that they said, "Well, it will work, but only if your RMR is *behind* your rear sights.

Sigh.

Their customer service really sucks compared to Blade-Tech which has been extremely helpful.

graffex
05-16-14, 22:11
It's funny, because I just seen this thread, and I was searching through there site the other day looking for a holster config and after a hour I left frustrated. I'm looking for a left handed M&P 9 with a trl-1, thumb button retention thing only. None of that hood bullshit and other nonsense retention. I want it for use with a battle belt so it will clear my plate carrier. The one i found that seemed to fit the bill was a high ride concealment holster with a cant, perfect except I don't want it to ride high or have a cant... For the life of me I can't find what I'm looking for on there site or chart :rolleyes:

TCB
05-17-14, 12:21
I just got that same holster a few months ago....just take off the attachment it's on and put it on the 1.5" UBL drop. They're all set up for the std 3 hole pattern.

Azpilot
05-17-14, 18:36
Safariland's operation is oriented towards duty gear, with a lesser focus on competition gear. They are not a one-off operation.

Holster makers live in hell these days. Variations in weapons, sights, and lights make having what a customer wants damned-near impossible. While I'm annoyed that they don't make some variations I like for a Glock 35, I recognize their Glock 17/22 rigs outsell the 34/35 rigs 50 to 1 or more.

If I'm Safariland, I let the low-volume exotics go to job shops and focus on my core business (LE/Mil/Security).

graffex
05-17-14, 20:02
Safariland's operation is oriented towards duty gear, with a lesser focus on competition gear. They are not a one-off operation.

Holster makers live in hell these days. Variations in weapons, sights, and lights make having what a customer wants damned-near impossible. While I'm annoyed that they don't make some variations I like for a Glock 35, I recognize their Glock 17/22 rigs outsell the 34/35 rigs 50 to 1 or more.

If I'm Safariland, I let the low-volume exotics go to job shops and focus on my core business (LE/Mil/Security).

That has little to do with how complicated they make it to find what your looking for... They make pretty much everything as far as I can tell, it's just finding it that's a bitch due to no rhyme or reason with how it's laid out.

MountainRaven
05-17-14, 20:16
With Safariland (and I haven't had much difficulty finding something that I want... except for an ALS holster for my HK45 with X300... but that's a different story), I usually take the model numbers of the holster or holsters that I want, find the particular configuration of gun that I'm buying the holster for, and then put the two numbers together on Amazon and usually have good luck finding what I need. It can be a bit of a wild goose chase - especially for guns that they don't list holsters for on their website, but that they actually do make holsters for (like the 6378 ALS holster I found for my P30L). I personally find their "Will Fit" stuff to be mostly useless.

OP: What are you looking for? Or did you find it?

ex95B10
05-17-14, 21:29
It took me a while to find a holster for my Baretta 92A1 with a Surefire light and laser but Safariland came through for me when I accidentally met their sales rep.
Their website was completely useless, but I guess their bread and butter is MIL/LEO and not so much on the civilian side. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/18/egemy9ur.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/18/9evanybe.jpg

Warp
05-17-14, 21:42
This has been an issue with them for awhile. They don't seem interested in fixing it.

I have two...and they fit the guns I bought them for...but deciding on them, hell, finding which ones were options so that I had choices to decide between...PITA.

graffex
05-18-14, 17:52
Does anyone know if the 6004 is modular and can be taken off the drop leg holster and used as a belt holster or on a drop holster setup on a battle belt. Also can the SLS hood be taken off?

aguila327
05-18-14, 18:18
Does anyone know if the 6004 is modular and can be taken off the drop leg holster and used as a belt holster or on a drop holster setup on a battle belt. Also can the SLS hood be taken off?

Yes, you can buy the hardware to switch the 6004 to different platforms.

Yes you can remove the hood but wouldn't do it unless you want to lose your sidearm. The hood is the only thing securing the weapon in the holster.

There is not other retention device, its a level 1 security holster.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

aguila327
05-18-14, 18:24
That has little to do with how complicated they make it to find what your looking for... They make pretty much everything as far as I can tell, it's just finding it that's a bitch due to no rhyme or reason with how it's laid out.

Safariland has always been difficult to shop for. I purchase the holsters for my department and if it wasnt for one of their sales reps I would have been lost. That wss 10 years ago. Unless your NYPD or some other large dept you'd have a better chance of seeing sasquatch that a safariland sales rep.

Your best bet would be to find a safariland dealer who is in the police supply business. Depending on the volume they work with their sales people have a good knowledge base to work off of. I know our supplier is out of PA and they also have a storefront.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

graffex
05-18-14, 18:30
Ah I was thinking the 6004 has the ALS but it doesn't. I want just the ALS, but if I have to remove the hood so be it. The only one I see that fits my configuration somewhat is a paddle holster model # 6378 and I don't want the paddle. Do they or anyone make a belt loop attachment that makes the holster ride low to clear armor? I don't see any different attachment accessories on there site.

ptmccain
05-18-14, 21:29
And just to add another wrinkle:

I have been trying to figure out precisely which Safariland will work with my Glock 34 with an RMR and a tac light.

Thought I had it nailed but then Safariland informed me that my Trijicon RMR would only fit into it ... if I had the rear sights mounted in front of it, not behind it.

Geesh.

MountainRaven
05-18-14, 23:29
Ah I was thinking the 6004 has the ALS but it doesn't. I want just the ALS, but if I have to remove the hood so be it. The only one I see that fits my configuration somewhat is a paddle holster model # 6378 and I don't want the paddle. Do they or anyone make a belt loop attachment that makes the holster ride low to clear armor? I don't see any different attachment accessories on there site.

Safariland holsters, in my experience, have a standard three-hole mounting system that allows any of their holsters to be mounted to any of their belt attachment systems. All you need to do is find the universal belt loop - like this one (http://www.amazon.com/Safariland-6075-1-50-Universal-6075UBL-2/dp/B000MF48C4) - that you desire and go from there.

graffex
05-19-14, 19:53
Safariland holsters, in my experience, have a standard three-hole mounting system that allows any of their holsters to be mounted to any of their belt attachment systems. All you need to do is find the universal belt loop - like this one (http://www.amazon.com/Safariland-6075-1-50-Universal-6075UBL-2/dp/B000MF48C4) - that you desire and go from there.

Good to know. They certainly don't seem to make that information available on their site.

ptmccain
05-21-14, 09:32
Safariland confirmed that it is NOT possible to use a handgun with a RMR that is mounted in front of the rear sights on a handgun, only those that have rear sights mounted in front of the RMR.

Why?

No idea and they had no answer either, other than to confirm that it is not possible to obtain a Safariland for a handgun using a Trijicon RMR mounted in front of the rear sights, and they said the holsters could not be modified to work.

Weird.

graffex
05-21-14, 09:33
Safariland confirmed that it is NOT possible to use a handgun with a RMR that is mounted in front of the rear sights on a handgun, only those that have rear sights mounted in front of the RMR.

Why?

No idea and they had no answer either, other than to confirm that it is not possible to obtain a Safariland for a handgun using a Trijicon RMR mounted in front of the rear sights, and they said the holsters could not be modified to work.

Weird.

Maybe a little dremel action can make it work?

Sent from my Motorola StarTac using Tapatalk

ptmccain
05-21-14, 09:50
I asked them about this, but they said NO. They may have been thinking of the holster specifically designed for RMR and lights, that has a multicam fabric cover on it, in which case, Mr. Dremel would make a heck of a mess of it.

Oh, well, over to Bladetech.