PDA

View Full Version : Noob trigger help

TakeEm406
05-15-14, 13:38
Finally bought an DDm4 V7 for defense and hunting.

I put a Black Rain Ordnance Bro-DIT trigger in it and man thing is terrible. Are single stage AR triggers supposed to have a huge amount of uptake? And the reset is terrible as well, trigger gets trapped easily. I like the 3.5# weigh but the creep is so bad it's hard to even engage the sear consistently.

I emailed BRO and asked for a refund, we will see...

Anyways I need a trigger that's supper accurate for precision shooting but that's safe for defense.

What are the pros and cons to a single vs two stage?

Seems like every is running a Geisslee SAA. How does this compare to a Wilson Combat? How are the Wilson Single Stages? Timney?

And of course no one in Podunk Montana sells any of these options... Not worried about price because next to sights a rifle is useless without a good trigger.

GH41
05-15-14, 14:32
"Anyways I need a trigger that's supper accurate for precision shooting but that's safe for defense"

SD-E works for me. Oh.. and prepare to be shut down. GH

TakeEm406
05-15-14, 14:33
Shutdown?

Quackhead Lanyard Prostaff

223to45
05-15-14, 14:47
"Anyways I need a trigger that's supper accurate for precision shooting but that's safe for defense"

SD-E works for me. Oh.. and prepare to be shut down. GH

+1 on the SD-E

223to45
05-15-14, 14:49
Maybe a stupid question but have you verified correct install??

Have no knowledge on the Black Rain Ordnance .

mpom
05-15-14, 15:15
TE, you know the Black Rain sucks. As for the others you mentioned, its best you do a Search on this site, to get past reviews rather than wait for people to give you feedback.

Iraqgunz
05-15-14, 15:24
Why not utilize the search feature which will provide you a ton of information rather than a Jack In The Box 1 minute answer.

TakeEm406
05-15-14, 19:29
Why have an online forum at all when there is Google???

Quackhead Lanyard Prostaff

TehLlama
05-16-14, 00:47
Why have an online forum at all when there is Google???

This is a rare forum where the quality of information you get back increases in proportion to the research you do to narrow down your question - spend 5 minutes on google, and you'll get excellent results; spend no time on a cursory search and you'll get told not to waste the time of people that want to help.

Read up from existing stuff on single versus two-stage triggers, or if you're unwilling to read just buy an SSA. Be warned, you'll probably want more of them if you just jump straight to that.