PDA

View Full Version : RCS New Mini Blowout Kit

Bpc9876
05-15-14, 20:28
Hey all,

I am adamantly one for first rate quality kit and as such love Raven Concealment Systems products. However, I just received an email from them and headed on over to the site to check out the new mini medical kit. It is put together by CLEER and Raven, it's carried with the 2 finger modu-loader or molle, is incredibly small and utilizes BFG amazing Helium Whisper material on the outside of the pouch. My issue and I am curious for other's opinions, that it is stocked with essentials and essentials only and you need to fulfill a special requirement to obtain the kit with a 28g NPA and a decompression needle. So far all is okay but BASIC KIT is $250!! and if you opt for a Cat T tourniquet and a nice kydex carrier by Eleven 10 that will cost you $329.99!

Help me out guys is this worth it over the competition, because it just seems very steep to me for the contents of the mini kit, TQ and carrier aside.

HighSpeedDreams
05-15-14, 22:41
As with everything, your decision should be driven directly by your application. The CLEER kit itself, in regards to its virtue as a pouch, is quite nice. However, if your application does not require a kit with those exact parameters (low-profile, lightweight, and inverted tear-away), you can easily find a comparable piece of kit (and pack it with comparable supplies) for far less.

Keep in mind that Eleven 10/CLEER had those contents/components custom made to decrease the overall footprint associated with IFAKs.

Bpc9876
05-15-14, 22:54
I am fully aware of that CLEER did this to fill a void. My question was steered towards whether or not members felt this was an appropriate pre order price for what I perceive to be top gear but rather limited in scope for its price and frankly its size. I would be extremely interested in acquiring just the pouch and adding my items. In the current industry with many great options I was mainly asking if YOU ALL thought the end product/contents warranted the price. Thanks

Ps. I realize this is a personal decision and was asking others in generalities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HighSpeedDreams
05-15-14, 23:55
Not a proper pre-order price, at all. UNLESS, this specific item addresses operational concerns/needs that no other (bulkier and/or less expensive) product can.

CRAMBONE
05-16-14, 02:38
I like the idea and am surprised it took so long for something like this to come out. I just can't justify that much on the kit. Maybe I can talk someone into issuing it to me! ;)
For now I'll keep using the stripped down molle gps pouch, with enough to plug one massive bleeder, that I carry in the small of my back.

CoryCop25
05-16-14, 05:40
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?146445-Eleven10-and-Raven-Concealment-Mini-Med-kit