PDA

View Full Version : Glock 19 gen extractor/ ejector questions

kmr54
05-17-14, 19:50
I have a gen 3 G 19 with approximately 800-1000 rounds through it. It recently exhibited several stovepipe jams as well as a large percentage of brass to face. I am an experience shooter and I am not limp wristing. Different ammo yields the same results.
I have ordered the 30274 ejector for it ( currently has the 336). My question is concerning the extractor - can I replace the lci extractor with the non lci extractor? I am aware of the Apex offering - it is interesting, however if the non lci extractor is reliable and compatible I would like to use it. It is not MIM and has proven reliability prior to the introduction on the lci extractor. Your thoughts and advise are most welcome.

UPDATE: replaced the dipped extractor with the old style extractor. Also replaced the load bearing spring and the 336 ejector to the 30274 ejector I filed down the the replacement extractor to match the slide geometry of the gen3 slide. Results: strong consistent ejection at 5:00. No failures through 250 rounds of different ammo types

Failure2Stop
05-17-14, 19:53
Question, not advice:
What ammo?
What mfg date on the pistol?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

kantstudien
05-18-14, 01:48
Yes, you can replace the Glock Gen 3 extractor with an older non-LCI version if you happen to have one.

Keep in mind you will also need to change the spring loaded bearing (SLB) to the non-LCI version as well.

Slvr Surfr
05-18-14, 02:38
I had similar issues with my 3rd gen G19, minus BTF issues. I tried the factory glock Non-lci extractor with the appropriate spring bearing. My G19 would still have weak ejection and could not extract empty cases without the magazine in place.

I replaced the non-lci extractor with the APEX part for Gen 3 glocks. I am happy to say that ejection has become more consistent, and will now extract properly even without the magazine in place.

HWT-XXX prefix.

March 2006 - 3rd Gen.

Hmac
05-18-14, 06:54
I think the root cause of the G17/19 ejection problems is the ejection port, exacerbated by wider manufacturing tolerances in these later-model Glocks. I didn't want to screw around trying to second-guess Glock's lack of quality control. I just went straight to a 30274 ejector and Apex FRE. Solved my problem. Apparently it's not a universally applicable fix, but if the Apex doesn't solve it, it appear that no combination dip/non-dip, MIM/non-MIM, bearing/plunger/spring will fix it either.

kmr54
05-18-14, 08:10
Question, not advice:
What ammo?
What mfg date on the pistol?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

July 2013 manufacture
115 WWB
124 freedom munitions
115 gego
115 Tula brass
124 hornaday
Etc

kmr54
05-18-14, 08:14
Thanks for all the input. I will try the 30274 w/the non-dipped extractor, and load bearing spring and report my results.

kmr54
05-25-14, 16:03
Thanks for all the input. I will try the 30274 w/the non-dipped extractor, and load bearing spring and report my results.

UPDATE: replaced the dipped extractor with the old style extractor. Also replaced the load bearing spring and the 336 ejector to the 30274 ejector I filed down the the replacement extractor to match the slide geometry of the gen3 slide. Results: strong consistent ejection at 5:00. No failures through 250 rounds of different ammo types
Last edited by kmr54; Today at 15:43. Reason: Update