PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble field stripping AR Bolt.

llO0DQLE
05-18-14, 04:11
I'm trying to strip my bolt to clean it and I am having trouble pushing out my extractor pin. I used the firing pin to push it, it came out a couple mm but then it's stuck. I can't push it back in either. Not sure what's happening. This is my first time to attempt this, I'm a new AR owner. I watched LAV do it in his Tactical Carbine video on Tac-TV and it seems that it should just come out effortlessly. Not sure if something is wrong with mine. I have fired about 100 rounds through this AR with no issues. If it matters, it's a Norinco CQA.

Col_Crocs
05-18-14, 04:25
The extractor spring tension is keeping it in. Lightly press against it to relieve it and it should push right out.

mastiffhound
05-18-14, 04:43
Do you live in Canada? I'm just wondering how or why you got a norinco? If pressing on the extractor doesn't work it could be an out of spec pin that just got hammered in? Or maybe the pin is larger on one side than the other like front sight base pins? Really hard to know for sure, it's made in China after all. Sometimes when they copy stuff they don't get it exact.

ex95B10
05-18-14, 05:57
The extractor spring tension is keeping it in. Lightly press against it to relieve it and it should push right out.

This ^^^^

Hmac
05-18-14, 06:42

Yes. The spring, especially if there's an insert and O-ring.

llO0DQLE
05-18-14, 13:19
Yeah, it was the spring. Thanks guys. Mastiff, yes I'm in Canada. Rifle seems to work fine, no issues so far.