PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint M4S recticle pics w/ killflash

razors
06-03-08, 01:03
I took these pics a few nights ago...figured someone might want to see em.:p

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm245/minuteofanglex15/013.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm245/minuteofanglex15/011.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm245/minuteofanglex15/012.jpg
Turned the power all the way up on this one.

urbankaos04
06-04-08, 00:02
How you liking that M4S? Thinking about picking one up with my stimulus check. And I take that in actually using the sight the killflash isn't that noticeable? Or is it?

FJB
06-04-08, 00:42
The Anti Reflective Device (ARD) or Kill Flash is not very noticeable, esp. out doors. However, it is easily screwed in and out of the objective lens so you can remove it if not required.

S/F

Dave L.
06-04-08, 10:51
As a Lefty I really wish Aimpoint would put the battery tube directly under the sight tube...but I still buy the damn things anyway.

razors
06-04-08, 18:14
I really like this sight...aimpoints are the only sight where I can shoot with both eyes on target (left eye dominant, right handed) everything else blurs out. I also really dont notice any extra weight, going from an m3 to an m4.
You dont notice the Killflash too bad during times when you would normaly use a Killflash (daylight:D ). But you would have to remove it indoors unless you were going for the Trijicon armson OEG idea;) .

Iraqgunz
06-05-08, 02:09
You thought right. I was curious about it as well as I am considering dumping my EOTech 552 for a Comp M4, thanks.

decodeddiesel
06-06-08, 19:36
I ran a kill flash 24/7 on my M68 in Iraq. Indoors, outdoors, cloudy weather, sunny weather, day, night, in front of PVS-14 you name it. I never really noticed it. As always YMMV.

ARin
06-07-08, 03:18
daytime, KF is hardly noticable.

night time, it is a serious hinderance, in my experience. cuts light transmission nearly in half.

Dave L.
06-07-08, 06:14
daytime, KF is hardly noticable.

night time, it is a serious hinderance, in my experience. cuts light transmission nearly in half.

In the day time it's still somewhat noticeable as opposed to not having it on at all. Not enough "clutter" the FOV.
When using the M4/KF and the Aimpoint 3X you don't see the KF at all.
As a Lefty, I'm still happy with the original model M4; the M4S seems like the battery tube would be right near where my right eye would be. I hope to fondle one when I get state-side to see for sure. I do like how the M4S looks- but we all know about "looks".

D

BushmasterFanBoy
06-08-08, 12:17
How you liking that M4S? Thinking about picking one up with my stimulus check. And I take that in actually using the sight the killflash isn't that noticeable? Or is it?

Well in real like it looks about like it looks in the picture. Outdoors in daylight, the black lines seem a little bit less large, but it is certainly noticeable.
You can sort of, I guess, ignore it, and for the most part it kind of disappears so to to speak, as long as you keep both you eyes open and focus on the target. Still in my opinion I find it to be a distraction.