PDA

View Full Version : Compact timber wolf frame

mysak
05-24-14, 01:35
Anyone know where I can get one? I had the chance to use at a Haley Strategic class and really liked it. Thanks in advance!

Texaspoff
05-26-14, 00:28
Anyone know where I can get one? I had the chance to use at a Haley Strategic class and really liked it. Thanks in advance!

Lone Wolf Distributors. It will have to be shipped to your FFL FYI.

Here is what is comes with

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff295/Texaspoff/photo1-8_zps24c0565f.jpg

I had one for a brief time.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff295/Texaspoff/prototype-lone-wolf-distributors-g19-frame-42.jpg

TXPO

mysak
05-26-14, 10:33
Yeah thanks I contacted them and they don't know when they'll have anymore.

cynical
05-26-14, 23:03
I had one for a brief time.

Would you mind elaborating on why it was a "brief time"? Were there problems with the frame itself? Would you recommend or not?

Magsz
05-27-14, 09:30
Would you mind elaborating on why it was a "brief time"? Were there problems with the frame itself? Would you recommend or not?

I had a full size frame for a brief time as well. The frames are very poorly made and had issues with vertical clearance between the slide and frame fit. I tried multiple gen 3 slides on the guns and multiple connectors and connector housings and the pistol would fail to reset quite frequently. Keep in mind this is a sample size of one so it is hardly indicative of the entire line but I was not impressed.

The area above the beavertail is also contoured horrifically. You can see the line in the photos which I had to sand down and polish to avoid being torn to shreds.

Texaspoff
05-28-14, 11:04

The two main things I didn't like was the grip felt awkward, shaped like an ice cream cone, it tapered down smaller towards the bottom. I found myself having to fight the frame when trying to keep a high grip, the frame kept working itself upwards. The second was the magazine release, while it is easy to access, it is easy to access. I hit the magazine release multiple times when carrying it, shooting it etc etc, causing mags to drop. The build quality was ok, everything fit and lined up well, I just wasn't impressed by it. I have shot the full sized frames as well. The grip feel on them is much different and I didn't have to fight the grip on them. They do suffer from the same magazine release access issues as the compact, at least for me. LW sent me a smaller magazine release to try and mitigate the problem. It was basically a sanded down, modified one of their releases and didn't resolve the issue either. It was a good start, and with a few changes in design it could be nice replacement.

cynical
05-28-14, 11:15
Good info to know, thanks! I've been hesitant to commit to one of these things without trying it first for fit, comfort, etc. Now I know I made the right call. I think I can live with the stock grip, and will go the mod route if I really want to slim it down.