PDA

View Full Version : Combat Rifle Championship - Battle Creek, MI July 12 and 13 - Prize Table Updated

Barbara
06-03-08, 20:58
Come join the American Confederation of Tactical Shooters July 12 and 13 for 2 days of competition, good food, and great people. This year's CRC will feature 9 stages over 2 days and the chance to win some great prizes. Registration form here. Camping available on site. More info to come...

www.actshooters.com

Rotor Talker
06-04-08, 07:27
I'd like to get some more info on this, do you have a website address?

Thanks,

Bob

Ned Christiansen
06-04-08, 08:31
This match is like a Pat Rogers class with prizes at the end!

ACTS is doing it right, very good competition, come shoot or just watch-- the spectating is also great!

Go check out the site and especially the pics and vids.....
http://www.actshooters.com

Ned Christiansen
06-04-08, 09:31
And, although I am not officially on the prize table committee, may I take this opportunity to plant a seed to the effect that, industry contributions to the prize table are welcome and although this is maybe not the biggest event in the country, it is at this time one of the very few of its type. ACTS does have a club in AZ that is now sanctioned with others taking a look. ACTS is growing and is a perfect fit given current trends among the shooting and buying public.

I am proposing an article on the CRC to at least one magazine.

Barbara
06-04-08, 16:22
Sorry about that..:)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/resq47/collections/72157594587307207/

Lots of photos from matches.

Steve
06-04-08, 22:56
cant wait, what a great time this shoot is:D

Barbara
06-08-08, 05:44
We've got some great prizes coming in. Eagle, Trijicon, Blue Force Gear, Viking Tactics and a lot of other companies have come through for us. Some local vendors will have tables at the match.

There will also be a small swap meet at the match. We can offer table space availability, or if you have some things to sell but don't want to spend all day at a table, bring it premarked with your price and name, and we'll sell it for you, with a donation of the final selling price going to SAFR for manning the table.

Ned Christiansen
06-08-08, 09:15
Excellent idea Barb!

AnchorArmament
06-09-08, 19:18
Lancer Systems will also be sponsoring the CRC this year. I talked with Steve Fisher today and I am working on getting Lancer to sponsor him for the event.

It should be an excellent match up with Steve and Ned again.

We'll be there in a supportive role this year.

I look forward to seeing Ned again and meeting the rest of you guys.

Ray Van Antwerp

Barbara
06-09-08, 19:41
Very cool...could you shoot me an email with the details? We're working on the promotional stuff tomorrow and would like to get your company included, as we need to have this stuff printed by tomorrow.

bstockford(at)gmail.com.

Thanks again.

Barbara
06-15-08, 15:28
PRIZE TABLE UPDATE--ACTS appreciates the support of our sponsors for helping us assemble a great selection of prizes:

Lancer Systems Magazines.

Steve Fisher of Michigan Defensive Firearms Institute has donated a Camelback delta 5 molle vest with bladder, and a class of your choice.

Renowned gunsmith Ned Christiansen of Michiguns LTD has rounded up quite a few prizes for the growing table:

Two sets of Crimson Trace grips
Sabre Defense M5 upper (16” Mid-Length 1:9 Twist, Chrome Lined)
Airtronic USA, Inc. magazines
Cammenga Cammenga magazines
500 rounds of Black Hills .223
Gift certificate from VZ Grips
$300 certificate from Ion Bond (tungsten DLC)

Global Military Gunsmithing has committed to $200 worth of shop services.

Custom steel rifle target package.

Vickers slings from Blue Force Gear.

Viking Tactics slings and light mounts.

Cross Tac Armorer blocks.

American Defense Manufacturing optic mounts.

$100.00 in gift certificates from Schupbach's.

3 M-Pro7 cleaning kits.

Dillon Precision ammo bag.

Eagle Industries drag bag.

One year subscription to SWAT Magazine.

The Tactical Solution is donating a handful of gear.

Stag Arms swag.

Ned Christiansen
06-27-08, 00:18
The match grows closer.... the prize table grows fatter..... max 60 shooters bu tit's not filled yet, so come on down!

Ned Christiansen
07-10-08, 00:12
There is a S&W M&P-15 Tactical on the prize table........

Saturday and Sunday, July 12-13 08, Battle Creek, MI.

Resq47
07-11-08, 05:11
Tick tock...about 12 hours until I head out for the pre-match setup activities.

Steve
07-14-08, 07:03
Lancer Systems will also be sponsoring the CRC this year. I talked with Steve Fisher today and I am working on getting Lancer to sponsor him for the event.

It should be an excellent match up with Steve and Ned again.

We'll be there in a supportive role this year.

I look forward to seeing Ned again and meeting the rest of you guys.

Ray Van Antwerp

It was a great match with some great stages and outstanding shooters. congrats to all.

Ned Christiansen
07-14-08, 09:20
Indeed it was a great match. I am sore this AM and loving it! I feel like a kid who just walked out of a Kung Fu movie-- only instead of high-kicking my buddy i want to go out and do some more shooting.

The stages were imaginative and in some cases really tested you on stuff you don't typically do in a range session but maybe really ought to. But all nice stages were FUN.

Far as I know there is nothing around like ACTS. I did hear about a few other clubs at the match tho that are looking at ACTS sanction..... I think the ACTS snowball might just be picking up speed......

Thanks a ton to all the generous sponsors!

Steve
07-14-08, 10:25
I cant even begin of who to thank..

Ned as well always a pleasure to shoot with you... and thank you for everything

and to the Rso's who did a awesome job and to th emany sponsers of the event.

Barbara
07-16-08, 21:24
The mags must have worked because Steve took 1st place with them and won the S&W rifle.

Me, on the other hand, came in 27th. :p I was a mess. Figures.

But I had a great time and the stages were challenging and the company, as always, was a blast.

I ended up with a nice Fenix light and some Krav Maga classes, so that rocks.

Someone will have to post some pics.