PDA

View Full Version : properly sized Trijicon HD sight set for Glock 41?

BaronFitz
05-27-14, 14:53
I picked up a G41 a few months back at the Dulles show. Haven't shot it yet, since the factory front sight isn't even straight across the top edge. (Had the same issue with a recent manufacture G17 3rd Gen as well...it's like Glock doesn't even try any more with the factory plastic slot fillers.)

I picked up a RB1 overstock rear from 10-8, since the rest of my Glocks have the RB1 10-8 sights on them, and I've been waiting for 10-8 to restock the .235" height fiber front sights since I purchased the pistol, but they're nowhere on the horizon. I recently outfitted one of my M&Ps with Trijicon HD orange front sights, and I've been fairly pleased with them, since they seem to strike a decent balance between the good qualities of fiber and tritium. My eye quickly indexes the front as I complete my press out, and helps me get a faster first shot.

According to the Glock 41 thread, the correct HD front is .245" high, and I can find the .245" height fronts in a few places online, but I can't seem to find a front/rear set of HDs with a .245" front. Anybody know if such sets exist? I'm pretty sure from 10-8's website that the HD front won't work properly with the height of the 10-8 rear, so if I go HD, I'd prefer to get a set without having to buy a set, then get yet another front.

teutonicpolymer
05-30-14, 04:43
I would expect the G21/G20 sights to work okay if you cannot find exactly what you are looking for.

BaronFitz
06-16-14, 14:16
The G21 front sight isn't quite tall enough. I had a G34 that I sold a while back that never really had the right sized front sight on it. It would have been fine on a G17, but not the G34.