PDA

View Full Version : The Best AR Mag of all Time?

Gutshot John
06-03-08, 21:52
Maybe, maybe not, but it's certainly the coolest product demonstration video I've ever seen.

http://www.cammenga.com/playmedia.php?file=2&media=2

I particularly liked shooting the mag with a 12 ga and dragging the mag behind a vehicle.

I'm going to buy some.

Henchman
06-03-08, 22:15
That is awesome!!! Just have to wonder if it really works that good all of the time.

ARin
06-03-08, 22:22
probably weighs a ton.
i dont need a mag that will survive a shotgun blast.

still kinda neat.

Warrior
06-03-08, 22:42
My buddy got one its pretty cool. Still not a PMAG nor will I buy anything but PMAGS anymore.

BushmasterFanBoy
06-03-08, 22:45
Looks sweet.

Now all we need are a few senior board members to get some for testing and evaluation. Given a free product they will naturally be biased to say good things. Post a few top notch pictures, maybe throw in some dirt for good measure and you've got yourself another runaway success story.

That ladies and gentlemen is how you sell AR15 products to the forum masses :D .

Steve
06-03-08, 22:47
i have been running some for a year now.

they are heavy they can cut you. i wasnt impressed, i use them for my dummy rounds in training

Safetyhit
06-03-08, 22:54
probably weighs a ton.
i dont need a mag that will survive a shotgun blast.

Weighs a ton is likely a bit of an overstatement. But, why not a mag that is extremely impact resistant?

Based upon the video, I think it preformed very well. Too rare to see a true sand test, where the sand is actually being forced into the mag/weapon.

Warrior
06-03-08, 22:56
Looks sweet.

Now all we need are a few senior board members to get some for testing and evaluation. Given a free product they will naturally be biased to say good things. Post a few top notch pictures, maybe throw in some dirt for good measure and you've got yourself another runaway success story.

That ladies and gentlemen is how you sell AR15 products to the forum masses :D .I'm sure there's some of truth to that, however the test of time with the product in many hands tells alot too. Larue for example was new a while ago and was met by the same critics and preachers and now they are the standard in which all other mounts are measured against. The easy mag is cool but its kinda heavy like the HK mags, The one I tried ran great but PMAGS have proven to run great at a very light weight and very reasonable price, they will be tough to beat in the AR mag industry. Ganted this is somthing different as you can reload a mag much faster but for me personally i don't see the need.

ARin
06-04-08, 02:38
i have much quicker reloads in pouches attached to my vest.

aside from that, i would venture a guess that a LULA would give it a run for its money speed-wise. and with negligible weight.

even strippers and a spoon would probably be faster.....and much lighter.

i dont see these mags being carried around by professionals.....ever. Seems a heavy answer to a non-existent problem.......

But as a $25 gee-whiz-bang range mag to show your buddies....seems a viable solution for that tactical dilemma.

Dave L.
06-04-08, 04:15
Maybe, maybe not, but it's certainly the coolest product demonstration video I've ever seen.

I particularly liked shooting the mag with a 12 ga and dragging the mag behind a vehicle.

I'm going to buy some.

When ever I get the bug to step out and try something new, I start with 1 to 3, if if I know credible people who recommend them.
Like someone already said P-Mags rule; although I'm interested in trying out the T-Mags; slimmer profiled to fit in mag pouches better.

Stephen_H
06-04-08, 08:29
It's some neat engineering, no doubt, but for the same price and weight I could buy a PMAG and a LULA and then leave the LULA in the ammo can or assualt pack after the mag is loaded.

Stephen

wahoo95
06-04-08, 08:32
I found the "hammer" test a little isleading since the Cammega mag was full and the aluminum mag was empty!

variablebinary
06-04-08, 08:33

I'm going to buy some.

I've actually tried these. Bet your butt they are beefy and heavy, but they work as advertised...

Gutshot John
06-04-08, 08:40
When ever I get the bug to step out and try something new, I start with 1 to 3, if if I know credible people who recommend them.
Like someone already said P-Mags rule; although I'm interested in trying out the T-Mags; slimmer profiled to fit in mag pouches better.

Yeah I don't think I'm going to buy more than 3 to start.

A mag that can survive a shotgun blast might give you some extra protection on your front.

Lumpy196
06-04-08, 09:23
Oooooooooookay....

Rik
06-04-08, 09:30
Would be interesting to know if you can slide the magazine open while it is seated in the rifle. If so, it may provide a nice pucker factor in tense situations. :D

KintlaLake
06-04-08, 10:25
I'm no tall dog here...;)...but it seems to me that the EasyMag simplifies a process while adding complexity to a component which (in my opinion and relatively limited experience) should remain as simple as possible.

Maybe I just don't know any better, but I'm inclined to stick with Pmags, NHMTGs/Okays and D&Hs and pack a LULA.

hower610
06-04-08, 10:27
Not a bad idea, but I think I will stick with P Mag. Just my opinion.

lanceriley
06-04-08, 12:55
pmag for me

BAC
06-04-08, 15:35
Would be interesting to know if you can slide the magazine open while it is seated in the rifle. If so, it may provide a nice pucker factor in tense situations. :D
:eek:

Still looks like a neat mag though. Once I've finished my stockpile of PMags, I might have to pick up a couple for fun. Could you imagine the looks on people's faces when you put up your AR mags as a target?

-B

SapperRob
06-04-08, 17:23
GI mags are cheap and work. P-Mags are cheap and work better.

AnimalMother556
06-04-08, 17:26
Straight 20 round box magazine. Freakin' sweet.

SHIVAN
06-04-08, 20:01
What happens if you bang the front of the mag, during insertion, on the front of the mag well?? Does the mag slide open?

lanceriley
06-04-08, 23:43
that would be funny hahahaha