PDA

View Full Version : Need to re-anodize?

ROK
05-27-14, 23:05
Question...
I'm searching locally for a machine shop to bore out a KAK buffer tube to accept a rifle length spring.
Should I also be looking to have this receiver extension re-anodized too?

discreet
05-28-14, 19:26
Question...
I'm searching locally for a machine shop to bore out a KAK buffer tube to accept a rifle length spring.
Should I also be looking to have this receiver extension re-anodized too?

One question... Why????

Just use a normal rifle tube and be done with it. You can even modify an endplate and stake the bish so you don't need a bunch of loc tite on it. From there just use some tape to thicken the tube slightly to use a Sig brace if that is what you are wanting to do. Modifying a cheap shit part to begin with just seems ****tarded for whatever gain you will get.

IMO I'd much more recommend just getting an a5 extension and buffer and running something that WILL improve things. Just spend the 10$ to have a machine shop chop or mill the bottom stock rail off and you will have the perfect setup for a brace on one hell of a good system to run.

Reason I say this, is you will end up kicking yourself in the ass for dicking around with something so stupid and spending so much money on it. The money saved could get your stamp...