PDA

View Full Version : Baja blast is in stores!

Eurodriver
05-28-14, 16:24
I didn't make a thread about this earlier, as I thought there would be loads of them. I'm totally shocked to see that there aren't, and I want to make sure everyone understands the significance of what is happening right now.

For ten years, Mountain Dew Baja Blast has been available exclusively at Taco Bell as a fountain drink. It's been so long and so hard to find, that it almost seemed weird to drink it without a Taco Bell Taco. I don't even drink soda - ever. But I drink the **** out of Baja Blast. I've had so much over the past few weeks that I'm experiencing headaches and an inability to sleep. I feel like total crap, but I feel better when I drink some Baja Blast.

I remember being in Iraq and all we'd ever talk about was how we couldn't have baja blast (They literally only sold the syrup) and being so angry that we'd take it out on the insurgents. Life is freaking sweet right now.

Has anyone picked up a case? Walmart has a coupon and it's $2.50 w/ tax for a 12 pack. I've already stored a case in my closet just in case something happens, right next to my SHTF stash and twinkies.

SOW_0331
05-28-14, 16:46
This will be a death blow to Taco Bell, as I no longer have any reason at all to visit their fine establishments...

WickedWillis
05-28-14, 17:05
As someone who is struggling to quit their soda addiction, I hate you for posting this......

Eurodriver
05-28-14, 18:05
SHTF preps are complete. Ready for whatever now.

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w521/6234987u02/IMG_20140528_190020_108_zpsb65dbf56.jpg

dentron
05-28-14, 18:08

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w521/6234987u02/IMG_20140528_190020_108_zpsb65dbf56.jpg

That just made my day.

Big A
05-28-14, 19:23

That's not enough Dew for hurricane season, stock up before the fools panic when a storm is off the coast...

Moose-Knuckle
05-28-14, 19:29

I'm puzzled as to why you need a roll of TP if you're eating MREs?

This is the only Dew that is worthy to grace these lips . . .

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/throwbackdew_zpsb84b9f30.png (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/AKS-74/media/throwbackdew_zpsb84b9f30.png.html)

JBecker 72
05-28-14, 19:53
I know what I'm stopping to pick up on my way home. This is fantastic news!

SeriousStudent
05-28-14, 21:25

This is the only Dew that is worthy to grace these lips . . .

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/throwbackdew_zpsb84b9f30.png (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/AKS-74/media/throwbackdew_zpsb84b9f30.png.html)

OMG, Throwback is truly the ne plus ultra of the beverage world. I keep my team of highly-skilled minions in a state of computer-geek frenzy when I get that stuff by the case. Lock 'em in in the lab with a pallet of the stuff, slide a few pizza's under the door, and I can take over the world. MUwhahahaha!!!

I actually scored two cases of that in BOTTLES. I could have been struck by a car after that, I would not have given a flip.

Moose-Knuckle
05-28-14, 21:37
OMG, Throwback is truly the ne plus ultra of the beverage world. I keep my team of highly-skilled minions in a state of computer-geek frenzy when I get that stuff by the case. Lock 'em in in the lab with a pallet of the stuff, slide a few pizza's under the door, and I can take over the world. MUwhahahaha!!!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/mountaindewgamer_zps27c6a4e6.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/AKS-74/media/mountaindewgamer_zps27c6a4e6.jpg.html)

I actually scored two cases of that in BOTTLES. I could have been struck by a car after that, I would not have given a flip.

Glass or plastic?

Safetyhit
05-28-14, 21:40
I didn't make a thread about this earlier, as I thought there would be loads of them. I'm totally shocked to see that there aren't...

Sounds like someone has had a bit too much of their favorite soda today. Although you readily admit that.

Such testimony is either a great reason not to buy the stuff or it may in fact be a great endorsement, still not sure until I try some.

Eurodriver
05-28-14, 21:40
Just how I always pictured Serious!

Safetyhit
05-28-14, 21:44
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/mountaindewgamer_zps27c6a4e6.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/AKS-74/media/mountaindewgamer_zps27c6a4e6.jpg.html)

Moose somehow that's not how I pictured you to look but we'll have to live with it I suppose.

SeriousStudent
05-28-14, 21:49

Glass or plastic?

Glass. I rule!

SeriousStudent
05-28-14, 21:53
Just how I always pictured Serious!

Negative. I'm much more dashing. The bottles in my living room bar have names on the label like Glenmorangie, Knob Creek, and The Balvanie.

And there's a humidor instead of a pizza box, along with a custom-built laptop or two nearby. Plus a neat new 3" .357 Magnum I snagged from a friend a few days ago. It's magic - it makes X-rings vanish.

Moose-Knuckle
05-28-14, 21:57
Moose somehow that's not how I pictured you to look but we'll have to live with it I suppose.

The cougars can't keep their paws off me!

SOW_0331
05-28-14, 21:57
Eurodude,

I'd be careful posting pictures of such a coveted MRE all willy nilly. Somewhere a bunch of hungry grunts in the field just started hating you. They don't even know you exist....but they hate you.

Moose-Knuckle
05-28-14, 21:58
Glass. I rule!

Glass, damn that is a nice haul. If I may be so bold but where did you score such treasure?

SeriousStudent
05-28-14, 22:07
Glass, damn that is a nice haul. If I may be so bold but where did you score such treasure?

I got it at a Super Target. They had a big end cap display, and as a centerpiece they had the bottles. It might have been just a display, but it fit in my cart and the nice person in the red shirt rang it up for me. :cool:

I'm just a silly customer, what do I know about visual merchandising and product displays?

Eurodriver
05-28-14, 22:07
Eurodude,

I'd be careful posting pictures of such a coveted MRE all willy nilly. Somewhere a bunch of hungry grunts in the field just started hating you. They don't even know you exist....but they hate you.

Want to hear something nuts?

My favorite is cheese and veggie omelet. I was NEVER HUNGRY. EVER.

SeriousStudent
05-28-14, 22:17

On a scale of 1-10, how nasty is that one commonly considered?

1 = tasty enough to serve to family that you like, 10 = a cure for things Imodium doesn't fix.

fixit69
05-28-14, 22:22
Everyone might hate, but Baja Blast is the shit. And hope it goes on, and on and on...

SOW_0331
05-28-14, 22:28
On a scale of 1-10, how nasty is that one commonly considered?

1 = tasty enough to serve to family that you like, 10 = a cure for things Imodium doesn't fix.

Volume set at 11

I once uh....I accepted $50 for a dare to eat a "vomelette". It's what it sounds like, I was hung over and yacked into a pan as it was the closest thing to me.

That vomit omelette was higher on my list of things I would eat again. I've seen starving dogs in both theaters sniff the cheese and veggie death blob, and walk away to their certain death. There isn't enough Tabasco on this planet to mask that taste.

The only thing worse is the "Sesame Chicken" UGR, which coincidentally is the only thing those supply assholes like to kick out the back of the log trucks as they blast on past.

SeriousStudent
05-28-14, 22:54
I'll have to track down some of that Sesame Chicken, then. Someone has a habit snitching a neighbor's lunch at work.

I foresee a diabolically-crafted act of retribution coming to a lunch room in the near future. Just need an MRE, and a Tupperware tub with "Sesame Chicken" written on the top.

All we'll need to do is follow the trail of bloody diarrhea back to the evildoer's lair....

SOW_0331
05-28-14, 23:18
I'll have to track down some of that Sesame Chicken, then. Someone has a habit snitching a neighbor's lunch at work.

I foresee a diabolically-crafted act of retribution coming to a lunch room in the near future. Just need an MRE, and a Tupperware tub with "Sesame Chicken" written on the top.

All we'll need to do is follow the trail of bloody diarrhea back to the evildoer's lair....

Ohhhh no no no. If it's revenge you want, it's the omelette you seek. I'm sure I can round a few up for ya, throw them in a Tupperware labeled "Fresh Omellete". After three days, they'll be bloated and spend most of their day trying to force that bad boy out. You'll know who they are from across the room.

I'm a big fan of the throwback Mountain Dew, bought a few cases of it and stashed them just for kicks. I rarely drink soda, gets in the way of my energy drinks. Life is short anyway, it would be a shame if it were short AND boring.

Kain
05-28-14, 23:41
Volume set at 11

I once uh....I accepted $50 for a dare to eat a "vomelette". It's what it sounds like, I was hung over and yacked into a pan as it was the closest thing to me.

That vomit omelette was higher on my list of things I would eat again. I've seen starving dogs in both theaters sniff the cheese and veggie death blob, and walk away to their certain death. There isn't enough Tabasco on this planet to mask that taste.

The only thing worse is the "Sesame Chicken" UGR, which coincidentally is the only thing those supply assholes like to kick out the back of the log trucks as they blast on past.

Well that is disgusting. And this from someone who had pork brains for breakfast and who almost picked up a smoked pig head this afternoon. Pray tell how we ended up on this line of discussion when it started off with crack in drink form being sold in places other than Taco Hell?

Nicer man than some people I know. Last time I knew someone who kept having their lunch stolen they went for nuclear option and left an exlax laced cake in the break room and only told a very select few not to eat it.

Koshinn
05-28-14, 23:53
Well that is disgusting. And this from someone who had pork brains for breakfast and who almost picked up a smoked pig head this afternoon. Pray tell how we ended up on this line of discussion when it started off with crack in drink form being sold in places other than Taco Hell?

Nicer man than some people I know. Last time I knew someone who kept having their lunch stolen they went for nuclear option and left an exlax laced cake in the break room and only told a very select few not to eat it.

I was once dealt a veggie omelette. I decided to eat the sides, avoid the entree, and go hungry. Best decision of my life.

Kain
05-29-14, 00:11
I was once dealt a veggie omelette. I decided to eat the sides, avoid the entree, and go hungry. Best decision of my life.

Was actually referring to the vomit in the pan cooked into an omelet. I can only imagine the reek that had if it was actually cooked. And I don't care for eggs anyway. :bad:

I know quite a few who have had the veggie omelette MREs and most have said that everything but the actual meal was pretty decent. Can't speak to it myself. The worst MRE that I had was I believe Meat Loaf and Mashed potatoes in which the potatoes tasted like over ripe salmon and the meat load tasted like bread drowned in cheap brown gravy that was made a few weeks prior and forgotten in the back of the fridge next to some old gym socks.

SOW_0331
05-29-14, 00:20
Was actually referring to the vomit in the pan cooked into an omelet. I can only imagine the reek that had if it was actually cooked. And I don't care for eggs anyway. :bad:

I know quite a few who have had the veggie omelette MREs and most have said that everything but the actual meal was pretty decent. Can't speak to it myself. The worst MRE that I had was I believe Meat Loaf and Mashed potatoes in which the potatoes tasted like over ripe salmon and the meat load tasted like bread drowned in cheap brown gravy that was made a few weeks prior and forgotten in the back of the fridge next to some old gym socks.

To spare you the details, it was not really digested. I was like three bites into some hangover scrambled eggs that I was eating out if the pan I had cooked them in. And it was an apartment with about eight 03's and their assorted wimminz, so that sort of extreme was really the norm. It wasn't as bad as it sounds.

The meat loaf also ranks in my least favorite. I once went over six days without eating (much to my Lt.'s dismay) because I just had lost all desire to eat. At no point during or after that was I ever mildly excited by MREs.

As to the OP, there were a bunch of new flavor that have come out for MD since Baja was invented in like 2003(?). A lot of them like Live Wire tasted really similar. Curious to see how much of this is the same batch with some extra additives and coloring.

Kain
05-29-14, 00:47
To spare you the details, it was not really digested. I was like three bites into some hangover scrambled eggs that I was eating out if the pan I had cooked them in. And it was an apartment with about eight 03's and their assorted wimminz, so that sort of extreme was really the norm. It wasn't as bad as it sounds.

The meat loaf also ranks in my least favorite. I once went over six days without eating (much to my Lt.'s dismay) because I just had lost all desire to eat. At no point during or after that was I ever mildly excited by MREs..

That it? That ain't half as exciting as I thought it would be. The way you started off I thought you vomited into a pan and added a few eggs, maybe a few drops of Advocaat or a similar egg liqueur since you had been out drinking, cooked it up, and sat down and shoveled that shit into your face for money.

What you did, is not that different from what I have done, grab the nearest container to contain the vomit that is exiting from the upper shaft in geyser like fashion. Of course mine was into an empty beer pitcher after having consumed extra hot chicken wings, some pork fried rice, and a nice warm slice of Lemon meringue pie chasing it with a pitcher and a half of draft. Damn near filled the one pitcher up and cleared the tabled in record time. What was rather interesting is that it appears the rice had expanded in contact with the beer and were roughly four times the size they had been going in.

Of course, I imagine that what I am describing may cause a series of vomiting come morning when the good folk wake up, grab their eggs and bacon and sit down to see what the late night nut jobs on this site were discussing.

Anyway. Back to the Baja since after reading this thread and texting a number of friends who have either been searching for it, or are now cursing me as they search for it, which I find rather amusing since I don't actually drink Mountain Dew. I will be curious to see what recipes are going to start popping up for vomit inducing foods containing what was previously Taco Hell's reason for being. Not to say I don't like Taco Hell, I actually was the werido who went there and got taco, and nachos, and cinnamon twists. And why yes, I do hate toilet.

fixit69
05-29-14, 00:51
All baha blast needs is vodka. Happiness will occur.

Rattlehead
05-29-14, 00:59
....But I drink the **** out of Baja Blast. I've had so much over the past few weeks that I'm experiencing headaches and an inability to sleep. I feel like total crap, but I feel better when I drink some Baja Blast.

Dammit dude. I'm trying to stop drinking soda, now I'll have to put it off for another week.

http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5mj70S1oZ1rwtkzko1_500.png

GTF425
05-29-14, 02:49
I'm puzzled as to why you need a roll of TP if you're eating MREs?

Ha!

You're a sick man.

Plumber237
05-29-14, 05:01
Now if only they'd release Taco Bell's new sangria mountain dew...IT'S AMAZING! I feel like that's the only reason they released the Baja Blast, they had something just as awesome on deck...

yellowfin
05-29-14, 08:30
Taco Bell itself needs a throwback to when its stuff was better quality and cheaper. Back about 22-24 years ago when on a road trip to the beach and we finally successfully begged my dad to stop at the only one we'd seen at that point (Pensecola, FL), I remember getting what they called a pocket taco and a burrito of some kind and it was better quality beef and veggies than the burger places had, and it was cheaper. They had a 59/79/99c menu that was most of what they had.

Inflation really is a bitch, isn't it? And wow I'm too young to seem this old wishing for the "good old days."

OldGreg
05-29-14, 09:56
This will be a death blow to Taco Bell, as I no longer have any reason at all to visit their fine establishments...

Ain't that the truth!

Koshinn
05-29-14, 10:08

The meat loaf also ranks in my least favorite. I once went over six days without eating (much to my Lt.'s dismay) because I just had lost all desire to eat. At no point during or after that was I ever mildly excited by MREs.

As to the OP, there were a bunch of new flavor that have come out for MD since Baja was invented in like 2003(?). A lot of them like Live Wire tasted really similar. Curious to see how much of this is the same batch with some extra additives and coloring.

I loved the old Jambalaya MRE, that and beef stew were definitely my favorites. I wonder why they got rid of the jambalaya.

Eurodriver
05-29-14, 14:10
Uhh...Cuz it was freaking gross?

steyrman13
05-29-14, 14:11
I loved the old Jambalaya MRE, that and beef stew were definitely my favorites. I wonder why they got rid of the jambalaya.

Jambalaya was one of my faves too!

Now if only they'd release Taco Bell's new sangria mountain dew...IT'S AMAZING! I feel like that's the only reason they released the Baja Blast, they had something just as awesome on deck...

Now I just left TB to try the sangria flavor. It's pretty good, but I still like Baja Blast the best!

Outlander Systems
05-29-14, 18:28
Meh.

Still awaiting the Return of Crystal Pepsi.

Kain
05-29-14, 18:39
Meh.

Still awaiting the Return of Crystal Pepsi.

In that case I can help you out.
Enjoy.
http://soda-emporium.com/FRESH-6-Pk-12oz-Not-See-Kola-TASTES-LIKE-CRYSTAL-PEPSI-P2051697.aspx

Apparently tastes just like Crystal Pepsi. Down side, you drink it and you are a Nazi sympathizer. Oh, and it is pricey. But if you need your fix you can thank me.

Outlander Systems
05-29-14, 19:24
In that case I can help you out.
Enjoy.
http://soda-emporium.com/FRESH-6-Pk-12oz-Not-See-Kola-TASTES-LIKE-CRYSTAL-PEPSI-P2051697.aspx

Apparently tastes just like Crystal Pepsi. Down side, you drink it and you are a Nazi sympathizer. Oh, and it is pricey. But if you need your fix you can thank me.

Needs Van Halen endorsement...

SeriousStudent
05-29-14, 21:07

Oh, gosh, I'd never do anything like that. And if I did, I'd never wait about 30-45 minutes and remove all the TP from the men's rooms on that floor.

Nope, never ever ever do that to a nice looking tub of dark chocolate gelato in the break room freezer........ never.

ETA: We seriously need one of those innocent angel wing smiley doodads here.

Kain
05-29-14, 23:30
Oh, gosh, I'd never do anything like that. And if I did, I'd never wait about 30-45 minutes and remove all the TP from the men's rooms on that floor.

Nope, never ever ever do that to a nice looking tub of dark chocolate gelato in the break room freezer........ never.

ETA: We seriously need one of those innocent angel wing smiley doodads here.

Lol. :lol::lol::lol::haha::haha:

Actually one of the innocent angels with devil horns would work wonders.

At any rate the TP was not removed, thank god since I am sure there would have been grown men leaving work without a shirt and the toilets would have been clogged worse than usual. Though years later I know of an incident where every beverage in an apartment may or may not have been spiked with visine after a group of roommates decided to **** with the wrong person. And we are talking about a group of roommates who three of them would kill five cases of Natty Light on a Thursday night. And when I say everything I mean everything. Milk, soda, juice, cheap ass vodka, cheap ass whiskey, the everclear, the god damn protein the one would be muscle head drank, and everything else that was open. And then every scrap of TP, paper towels, and dish rags may or may not have vanished that weekend.

And if one of them is reading this now. Hey, asshole! Yeah you with the chicken fried brain for smoking enough weed to bankroll Cheech and Chong's dealer for six months! I was the one who microwaved your entire CD collection and convinced you that you did it when you are higher than a kite and drunk as hell. That is what you get for blaring gangsta rap at 3AM so loud that the wall literally vibrated when your roommate has to get up at 6:20 for a final.

SeriousStudent
05-30-14, 23:02
Lol. :lol::lol::lol::haha::haha:

Actually one of the innocent angels with devil horns would work wonders. .....l.

And the evildoer was easy to spot, too. We just watched everybody leave work that day, and then tackled the guy who was not wearing socks. ;)