PDA

View Full Version : S&W has finally released the latest generation of SHB's with PC Sear's!

C4IGrant
05-29-14, 08:47
S&W started putting the Performance Center Sear's in their SHB's over 6 months ago, but wouldn't sell them as a complete unit until now! So for those of you have the older SHB's with the small sear plunger and want to upgrade, this would be the one to get!

These will also accept the TS components so that you can add a TS to your pistol (assuming it has the frame cutouts for it).

C4

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/SW/42342_SHB_Current.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/SW/42342_SHB_Current_apart.jpg

mysak
05-29-14, 10:51
Will that work in a vtac pistol and cure the crappy trigger?

C4IGrant
05-29-14, 11:08
Will that work in a vtac pistol and cure the crappy trigger?

Yes it will fit. The grittiness of the trigger really comes from the striker block. You need to either install the Apex USB or polish up the factory one.

C4

srstaff
05-29-14, 11:35
Speaking of vtacs ... what is the best kit or combination of parts from apex for best overall performance? How does this new piece compare compliment or conflict with the aluminum fwd set sear and trigger kit and are there any other pieces outside either to add for optimal performance?

Sent from my Galaxy S4.

C4IGrant
05-29-14, 11:45
Speaking of vtacs ... what is the best kit or combination of parts from apex for best overall performance? How does this new piece compare compliment or conflict with the aluminum fwd set sear and trigger kit and are there any other pieces outside either to add for optimal performance?

Sent from my Galaxy S4.

I would first figure out if you have the old SHB or newer one (will need to remove it to check). If you bought your VTAC in the last 1.5yrs, you should be ok.

What everyone likes is different. Here is what I do to my own M&P's:

1. Apex DCAEK
2. Apex AEK (Alum).
3. Polish all internals.

The reason why I like the AEK over the FSS is because I can stick any slide on the M&P frame (no matter the striker block) and it will shoot.

C4

mysak
05-29-14, 11:50
Thanks always appreciate the knowledge

srstaff
05-29-14, 12:03
I would first figure out if you have the old SHB or newer one (will need to remove it to check). If you bought your VTAC in the last 1.5yrs, you should be ok.

What everyone likes is different. Here is what I do to my own M&P's:

1. Apex DCAEK
2. Apex AEK (Alum).
3. Polish all internals.

The reason why I like the AEK over the FSS is because I can stick any slide on the M&P frame (no matter the striker block) and it will shoot.

C4

That's great advice, thanks! If I really want the 4ish lb trigger and smoothest operation, and am not concerned with ability to change slides, would you then recommend the fss? If yes, would the new shb compliment that and or what other pieces should be considered? Thanks again.

Sent from my Galaxy S4.

C4IGrant
05-29-14, 12:10
Thanks always appreciate the knowledge

You are welcome.

C4

C4IGrant
05-29-14, 12:12
That's great advice, thanks! If I really want the 4ish lb trigger and smoothest operation, and am not concerned with ability to change slides, would you then recommend the fss? If yes, would the new shb compliment that and or what other pieces should be considered? Thanks again.

Sent from my Galaxy S4.

If you want it 4lbs flat and aren't going to polish everything, you will want to go with the FSS to get this pull weight. If you are OK with a 4.5-4.10 pull weight, go with how I setup my M&P's.

The importance of the new SHB really depends on if you have an old one with the small sear plunger/spring. If you do not, then there is no need to purchase this new SHB.

C4

srstaff
05-29-14, 12:13
Thanks again Grant!

Sent from my Galaxy S4.

C4IGrant
05-29-14, 14:20
Thanks again Grant!

Sent from my Galaxy S4.

No problem.

C4

glocktogo
05-29-14, 18:21
Is there a way to get the Shield down to 4-4.5# reliably? My wife has very small hands and low grip strength. We've found the Shield works pretty well for her, but the trigger pull is a bit much for her to manage effectively.

graffex
05-29-14, 18:44
What is your opinion on the RAM Grant? Asking since you choose not to run one.

C4IGrant
05-29-14, 19:14
Is there a way to get the Shield down to 4-4.5# reliably? My wife has very small hands and low grip strength. We've found the Shield works pretty well for her, but the trigger pull is a bit much for her to manage effectively.

Yes. DCAEK & Polish. I would also install the AEK (this is what I built for my wife).

C4

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

C4IGrant
05-29-14, 19:15
What is your opinion on the RAM Grant? Asking since you choose not to run one.

They are good product. They aren't needed however if you have the latest slide catch in your gun.

C4

decodeddiesel
05-29-14, 19:53
They are good product. They aren't needed however if you have the latest slide catch in your gun.

C4

Is this newer slide catch available from you?

I have an older (2009) M&P9C that needs an overhaul. I already have the Apex sear from 2010, and I'd like to do an AEK, the new striker block, and slide catch all at once.

C4IGrant
05-29-14, 20:02
Is this newer slide catch available from you?

I have an older (2009) M&P9C that needs an overhaul. I already have the Apex sear from 2010, and I'd like to do an AEK, the new striker block, and slide catch all at once.

Yes, but we are currently out of them.

C4

glocktogo
05-29-14, 23:47
Yes. DCAEK & Polish. I would also install the AEK (this is what I built for my wife).

C4

Thanks for the info! :)

USA
05-30-14, 10:50
Slight thread drift, but Grant do you have any news as to whether the availability of spare parts will improve soon from S&W? That is the one area I am still frustrated with S&W about. I know they have a great warranty, but I don't want to send my gun in for stuff like replacement strikers, trigger springs and little things like that.

C4IGrant
05-30-14, 10:51
Slight thread drift, but Grant do you have any news as to whether the availability of spare parts will improve soon from S&W? That is the one area I am still frustrated with S&W about. I know they have a great warranty, but I don't want to send my gun in for stuff like replacement strikers, trigger springs and little things like that.

We get small parts from S&W all the time.

C4

nj0ywatch1np0rn
05-30-14, 13:23
Will these fit the 45 with TS?

Cap'n Crash
06-12-14, 09:45
Grant,
I recently purchased the newest S&W H trigger bar and slide catch (M&P9) from you. Pistol manufactured 12/2012. I want to get the Apex ultimate striker block from you, but will it be compatible with my current (original) sear housing block? I ask this because the product description states that Apex striker block is intended to be used with the Apex hard sear. Also, is there any reason to purchase the newest S&W sear housing block while I am at it? My goal is to smooth out the trigger, with a small decrease in pull weight.
Thank you

C4IGrant
06-12-14, 09:47
Grant,
I recently purchased the newest S&W H trigger bar and slide catch (M&P9) from you. Pistol manufactured 12/2012. I want to get the Apex ultimate striker block from you, but will it be compatible with my current (original) sear housing block? I ask this because the product description states that Apex striker block is intended to be used with the Apex hard sear. Also, is there any reason to purchase the newest S&W sear housing block while I am at it? My goal is to smooth out the trigger, with a small decrease in pull weight.
Thank you

The USB will work no matter which SHB or trigger bar you have.

If your SHB has the large sear plunger in it, I would just get the Apex Sear. If it doesn't, then I would buy the new SHB with the PC Sear.

C4

Cap'n Crash
06-12-14, 10:35
Thank you Grant. PM inbound

MH64
07-27-14, 01:23
Will this new SHB work with a M&P that does not have the frame cut outs for the thumb safety?

C4IGrant
07-27-14, 07:47
Will this new SHB work with a M&P that does not have the frame cut outs for the thumb safety?

It should.

C4