PDA

View Full Version : NSSF Issues Statement on "Operation Choke Point" (FFL's & Bank Financing)

30 cal slut
05-29-14, 12:53
To: ALL MEDIA
For immediate release

May 29, 2014
For more information contact:
Mike Bazinet
203-426-1320

NSSF Issues Statement on 'Operation Choke Point'

NEWTOWN, Conn. -- The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) today issued the following statement:

The National Shooting Sports Foundation has been investigating the possible role of the federal government in influencing banks in their lending and business banking relationship decisions regarding companies in our industry. We have heard from several industry members that they had banking relationships terminated by their lending institutions.
We respect the right of financial institutions to make business decisions based on objective criteria. It is unacceptable, however, to discriminate against businesses simply because they are engaged in the lawful commerce of firearms, an activity protected by the Second Amendment.

NSSF staff has met with members of the House Financial Services Committee and members of the Oversight and Government Reform Committee concerning several documents that have surfaced from the FDIC labeling companies in the firearms and ammunition industry as "high risk."

As a result, we have worked with U.S. Rep. Blaine Luetkemeyer (R-MO) and expect that he will offer today an amendment to the FY15 Commerce, Justice, Science and Related Agencies Appropriations Bill, which would prevent federal funds from being used as part of "Operation Choke Point" or in any effort targeting companies involved in the lawful commerce in firearms.
We will continue to investigate the extent of any improper government involvement and will update our members as more information becomes available.
-30-

About NSSF

The National Shooting Sports Foundation is the trade association for the firearms industry. Its mission is to promote, protect and preserve hunting and the shooting sports. Formed in 1961, NSSF has a membership of more than 10,000 manufacturers, distributors, firearms retailers, shooting ranges, sportsmen's organizations and publishers. For more information, visit www.nssf.org.

30 cal slut
05-29-14, 12:57
I recently spent some time with the senior management of one of the largest gun manufacturers.

They mentioned to me that guys like Rahm Emmanuel were calling banks and telling them to yank all their banking relationships with the gun companies.

This is not just happening to gun manufacturers. It's also happening to dealers (credit card processing services getting yanked).

It's a back door way to trying to kill guns by killing the financing.

30 cal slut
05-29-14, 15:01
Operation Chokepoint in more detail, per Washington Times

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/may/29/operation-choke-point-deliberately-targets-busines/

glocktogo
05-29-14, 18:18
These businesses need to band together and file a class action lawsuit against the DoJ. They also need to get a federal judge to issue an injunction against the DoJ to cease and desist Operation Chokepoint until it's adjudicated through the courts. :mad:

gunrunner505
05-29-14, 18:26
These businesses need to band together and file a class action lawsuit against the DoJ. They also need to get a federal judge to issue an injunction against the DoJ to cease and desist Operation Chokepoint until it's adjudicated through the courts. :mad:

Precisely.

The mafia does this and it's a RICO case. The DoJ does it and it's for the children.

Obama and his ilk are such slime. This is America right? Legal business should not be subject to this harassment from their government.

I wonder how tough it would be to start a bank that catered only to the firearms industry?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

hatt
05-29-14, 18:27
I don't know why gun owners and the gun industry can't come together and hit their bottom line. And patronize the companies that do support them. Damn Libs are so organized they threaten a company and the company caves within hours.