PDA

View Full Version : Need optic feedback

Honorthecall81
05-29-14, 20:32
So I have a friend that had loaned me a Leupold VX6 1-6 multigun to throw on
my Daniel Defense. I hesitated because of fear of being ruined by shooting such
a stellar peice of glass. I returned the scope a few days ago and am more
than likely gonna pick up one of my own. Before I do this I was wanting
opinions about if there is something in the $1000 range that others would recommend,
and why? I love that I can keep both eyes open on the 1 setting and run it like an aimpoint.
Then dial it out on 6 and shoot out to 600 yards if I had too. I'm open to suggestions,
ideas, and feedback. The budget is $1000. I'm not sure about competing in multigun
competitions, but am going to be getting in some carbine courses. POU is just multi-
purpose carbine. I really love the Leupold but want to buy once cry once and am
just making sure I'm not missing anything and that I'm thinking this through properly.
Thanks to all ideas in advance.

SeriousStudent
05-29-14, 20:50
Moving to the "Optics and Mounts" subforum where you will likely get more responses.

Honorthecall81
05-29-14, 21:03
Moving to the "Optics and Mounts" subforum where you will likely get more responses.

Yeah I knew better than that. I apologize for the positing it in the wrong thread. Thanks for the assistance.

SeriousStudent
05-29-14, 21:38
LOL - no worries. If that is the biggest issue you have today, you're doing just fine.

That is a sweet piece of glass, too. A buddy has one. I shot it and loved it.

Obscenejesster
05-29-14, 22:12
The VX-6 was one of the low powered variables I was contemplating a month or so ago. From the reviews I've read, it seems like a good scope but in the end, I didn't choose it.

I ended up going with a SWFA SS 1x6 mostly because I liked the reticle better. I think its probably one of the best designs I've seen on a low powered variable. Its one of the few reticles that actually benefits from first focal plane one low powered variables.

I also chose it because some of the reviews I read on the Snipers Hide and in other places said the glass clarity was on par with scopes in the $1500-$2000 range. Not to mention the scope is built like a tank.

Check it out. You may like the reticle better as well. It comes in right under your price point at $999.95

http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-HD-1-6x24-Tactical-30mm-Riflescope-P53845.aspx

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

cop1211
05-29-14, 22:49
Vortex 1/6 you can pick up a used one for 1,000.