PDA

View Full Version : Hogue grips!

Mike Marley
05-31-14, 11:12
When I bought my sig, I replaced the grips with a set of Hogue's. Absolutely love them.

When I was looking for a new set of grips on my M4, they didn't seem as readily available (popular) as others, like magpul which is everywhere. So, I had my shop order them in for me for like 15$. They are absolutely amazing. Just like the pistol grips on my sig. Contoured, big, tacky grip, comfortable as hell. Probably the best thing I put on my rifle in terms of modest upgrades. I just don't understand why they are not more popular.

Anyway, you should check them out. Well worth it and better than my old magpul grips. :cool::cool:

zombiescometh
05-31-14, 12:01
Well there is a lot of people out there who think the only grip you will ever need is the A2.

It all comes down to personal preference when there's hundreds of choices regarding texture, size, grip angle, color, storage, and there are some that come with built in trigger guards etc. etc.

Glad you found something you love even if its only a pistol grip.

Onyx Z
05-31-14, 12:09
They are comfortable, but I like a hard grip on my AR's. Rubber gets slick when wet from sweat, rain, etc. As said above, it's all about personal preference.

Iraqgunz
05-31-14, 15:52
Sometimes I like to wear silk boxer briefs and sometimes I go commando. Pistol grips are kind of like that. It's all user preference. The Hogue grip doesn't do anything for me. To each their own.

GH41
05-31-14, 17:42
"Sometimes I like to wear silk boxer briefs and sometimes I go commando"

I hope this image doesn't find it's way into a reoccurring nightmare! GH

Rifleman_04
05-31-14, 18:31
I've broken a hogue grip and iirc others here have broken them or seen it.

308sako
05-31-14, 19:18
"Sometimes I like to wear silk boxer briefs and sometimes I go commando"

I hope this image doesn't find it's way into a reoccurring nightmare! GH

Sadly it already has...

05-31-14, 19:24
My Hogue grip was "oversized" meaning I could not properly operate the firing selector. Needless to say, I love my Magpul.:cool:

BBossman
05-31-14, 19:36
I like Pecan Pie... Who doesn't like pie?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

m4fun
05-31-14, 19:50
Liked the feel of the Hogues but had issues with an ambi-selector - right side rub significantly. moved on to magpul and bcm.

VaeVictis
05-31-14, 20:36
I found mine to be pretty comfortable but the plug always fell out while shooting and the plastic they use just doesn't seem as durable as the plastics used in most of the other big name grips.

fedleo
06-01-14, 15:03
My first replacement grip I ever purchase was a hogue grip. I got tired of the feel. I replaced it with a ergo grip. I also got tired of that one. I bought a stark industries grip/trigger guard combo. Works great for me and feels more comfortable.

Jmacken37
06-02-14, 03:46
My first replacement grip I ever purchase was a hogue grip. I got tired of the feel. I replaced it with a ergo grip. I also got tired of that one. I bought a stark industries grip/trigger guard combo. Works great for me and feels more comfortable.

MMM...Ergo. I wish they made it with a bit more of an aggressive angle.

markm
06-02-14, 08:35
Anyone have a cat pic?

Hank6046
06-02-14, 10:30
I have a Hogue grip on my AR I like it, but I don't understand what this post is trying to say other than a plug for Hogue Grips

Kain
06-02-14, 13:03
Have used Hogue grips on a few different guns, Glock, AR, Beretta, and Ruger p89. The glock it make the grip too wide for me to comfortably use, same with the Beretta. I don't generally mind them in an AR, though my go to is the MIAD, and I even have an A2 on one. For the Ruger P89 i put it up there as a mandatory accessory to be able to shoot the gun at any speed since the factory grips have about as much traction as a snot rocket.

Moonlight Again
06-02-14, 13:15
Anyone have a cat pic?

I can say "meow" in three languages. Close enough?

Circle_10
06-02-14, 17:01
I have one of the newer Hogues without the finger grooves on my midlength and I like it. On the other hand I also have old, mottled 'A1 grips on two other lightweight carbines....

Mike Marley
06-03-14, 13:50
I like Pecan Pie... Who doesn't like pie?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Pecan pie sucks a dirty arsholle. You are obviously unqualified to make further posts here.

Moonlight Again
06-03-14, 14:34
Pecan pie sucks a dirty arsholle. You are obviously unqualified to make further posts here.

Burn, heretic. Burn in the hell of being cut to pieces. (Chinese have a lot of hells.)

strambo
06-03-14, 21:13
I too, am a fan of the pie. I prefer Marionberry tho.

rapomstage3
06-03-14, 21:42
I used to run a hogue on my bushmaster 12 years ago or so. Back then it was basically that or an a2, and bushmasters were decent.

MegademiC
06-03-14, 22:43
I don't like rubber grips, too tacky. I like textured grips - grab when you do, but slide when you let go. Same with buttstocks. I like to be able to slide them around with light pressure - rubber is a no-go.

If it sticks when I don't want it to - its gone.

DBR
06-04-14, 23:45
I like a long trigger reach. Nothing that approaches the GI spec are GTG for me. Right now I am using the latest BCM largest grips, but I would like them more if they added about 1/4" to the front to back dimension. The most ergonomic grips I have used are the Stark grips but I had other issues with them.

Regalkismet
06-05-14, 11:03
The Hogue G-10 AR15 Grips are really nice....I've used both the checkered and piranha textured models....super expensive but they are my favorite....i only buy them on sale, even then it's still $70 or more...but if you can stomach the cost they are nice.

StingerDan
06-06-14, 08:47
The Hogue G-10 AR15 Grips are really nice....I've used both the checkered and piranha textured models....super expensive but they are my favorite....i only buy them on sale, even then it's still $70 or more...but if you can stomach the cost they are nice.
How much heavier are they than an A2?

GregP220
06-06-14, 11:48
Here is a FACT:

Pie > Cake

Regalkismet
06-07-14, 00:33

Idk... They are pretty light as is the nature of G-10 but I've never weighed either....

Regalkismet
06-07-14, 00:33

Idk... They are pretty light as is the nature of G-10 but I've never weighed either....

carolvs
06-07-14, 02:51
Anyone have a cat pic?

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj81/chesha_neko/cats11_zps51d105fb.jpg

I like a long trigger reach. Nothing that approaches the GI spec are GTG for me. Right now I am using the latest BCM largest grips, but I would like them more if they added about 1/4" to the front to back dimension. The most ergonomic grips I have used are the Stark grips but I had other issues with them.

Have you tried the HK Battlegrips? Like a BCM Gunfighter but chunkier.