PDA

View Full Version : Legit or fake product ?

devildogljb
05-31-14, 23:38
So I just got this miad grip and maybe its just me but is it legit or a fake. Ive owned another miad grip but that was a few years ago and due to all the copys floating around I just want to make sure. Note the role pin is not installed on the backstrap

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af14/devildogljb/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140531_234250.jpg (http://s989.photobucket.com/user/devildogljb/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140531_234250.jpg.html)

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af14/devildogljb/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140531_234322.jpg (http://s989.photobucket.com/user/devildogljb/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140531_234322.jpg.html)

lunchbox
05-31-14, 23:43
Where did you get it from?

mastiffhound
06-01-14, 00:09
Where did you get it from?

^This is important. Ebay is rife with knockoffs. Licensed airsoft Magpul gear is sometimes listed by dirtbags as real stuff. Telling one from the other is sometimes very hard. From the pics, the mold lines look a little exaggerated. I'm comparing it to my MOE-K2 grip right now as it's all I have as far as Magpul grips. The flash lines are less noticeable from the looks on my K2. Also the new ones (V 1.1 type 1 and type 2) have removable front straps I think. Are yours removable?

MountainRaven
06-01-14, 00:18
^This is important. Ebay is rife with knockoffs. Licensed airsoft Magpul gear is sometimes listed by dirtbags as real stuff. Telling one from the other is sometimes very hard. From the pics, the mold lines look a little exaggerated. I'm comparing it to my MOE-K2 grip right now as it's all I have as far as Magpul grips. The flash lines are less noticeable from the looks on my K2.

I may be wrong, but given that your average airsoft gun's pistol grip is called upon to serve as a housing for an electric motor, I don't think that an airsoft replica would work.

That being said, that only counts for the electric airsoft guns. I have no familiarity with the gas airsoft guns.

mastiffhound
06-01-14, 00:23
I've never examined an airsoft gun, so I can't be sure how they're attached. I just know that many warnings have been posted on tons of sites about airsoft knockoffs of legit products.

Koshinn
06-01-14, 02:53
The roll pin is optional on the MIAD when installing the backstrap. Did you not get all the parts and instructions?

devildogljb
06-01-14, 04:15
I got it on ee on here. And yeah I got every thing. And doing some research there has been people who have gotten "clones" that where being sold as the real deal. Pretty much all on amazon and ebay from my umderstanding. Just wanted a opinion or 2

Onyx Z
06-01-14, 09:07
Neither of mine had the roll pin installed when I got them from a reputable dealer.

djegators
06-01-14, 09:29
From my very amateur opinion, I don't see anything in the pics that jumps out as a sign of a fake.

tb-av
06-01-14, 10:53
It looks right to me and I have one right here. All the gaps are similar. Text alignment. The Magpul logo stamps on the MIAD side(ejct. port side). Magpul would ask you to photograph the insides for tool marks, moldings and such. I have one here is you want to compare. Photograph the inside of the backstrap and where it's removed from grip.

Take the bottom latch off. There are five holes. Shine a light down in them and tell me what you see.

Maddmax
06-01-14, 14:57
I got it on ee on here. And yeah I got every thing. And doing some research there has been people who have gotten "clones" that where being sold as the real deal. Pretty much all on amazon and ebay from my umderstanding. Just wanted a opinion or 2

That's why I stay away from them and stick to my LGS's or straight from the Dealer. Getting to be too many knock-offs and it's a pain trying to get your money back from the junk dealers.

Caeser25
06-01-14, 21:27
Last time this was discussed here, the airsoft copies did not have the Magpul logos on the grip.

donlapalma
06-01-14, 21:41
It looks right to me and I have one right here. All the gaps are similar. Text alignment. The Magpul logo stamps on the MIAD side(ejct. port side).

I agree. I just compared to the one sitting right next to me and there is nothing that I can see in those photos that indicates a fake.

buckkiller35
06-01-14, 22:14
Looks like the ones that I have from BCM and Primary Arms.

MSteele
06-01-14, 23:19
Mine didn't have the roll pin installed when I purchased it. I believe it's so you can swap out which grip panels you want then install the roll pin.

Sexual_Meatball
06-02-14, 01:53
thru the EE did it come with packaging? if so up some pics of the packaging. a lot of times members can spot if its a fake or not. plus under the airsoft aka PTS line there's usually a marking that reads "MAGPUL PTS"

scoutfsu99
06-02-14, 07:09
It's real. Whoever you bought it from never smacked the roll pin in. Go shoot.