PDA

View Full Version : Glock 42 changes.

one
06-01-14, 14:26
I'm unsure if this has been posted before. And I'm not familiar with the site or author but thought it was interesting.

http://looserounds.com/2014/05/10/glock-appears-to-have-made-changes-to-the-g42/

FailureDrill-P099
06-02-14, 17:27
Thanks for posting. I am a member here and will be doing some follow ups.

samuse
06-02-14, 17:50
Gawd Glock makes a buncha junk.

People will buy anything if it's cheap enough.

WickedWillis
06-02-14, 18:13

Thanks for your ever valuable input.

decodeddiesel
06-02-14, 18:45
I picked one up on Saturday, test fire date of 3/20/14. It is the "Mod 0" so hopefully I don't have any issues with it. If I do Glock will be getting an earful.

ptmccain
06-02-14, 19:23
Another good example of why being a "first adopter" is not always a great idea. I've learned this lesson the hard way. Best to let a "new model" get out and percolate around for a year or two before buying it.

Kain
06-02-14, 19:36
Another good example of why being a "first adopter" is not always a great idea. I've learned this lesson the hard way. Best to let a "new model" get out and percolate around for a year or two before buying it.

This is very true. I tend to give most new guns at least two full years before having any desire to get behind one. Especially ones for combat/duty/carry even if they are from manufacturers that have a good reputation because as I think everyone here as seen, even a company who has made it's bones making guns can have issues. And that isn't saying that a company is putting out a bad product, but what works in a laboratory/testing environment with controlled conditions doesn't hold a candle to what many guns see in the real world and if it is going to fail trust me it will likely do so with a customer before an employee testing it. Not saying I won't beta test, but my rule of thumb for beta testing is if it costs me more than $100 I tend to let others risk their money.

Hell, I didn't buy into Pmags under well into the gen 2/Mrev production. Picked up my first Gen 1 back in 2012 off a guy used just to have one in the collection.

Bowser
07-23-14, 16:07
I just check mine with a date of 06/23/2014 on the casing envelope.

Everything is as noted in the article, except my frame has a "2".

Zim
07-23-14, 16:17

Custom 1911 or go home, right? :rolleyes:

Clay
07-23-14, 20:38

Agree 100%. Being a beta tester sucks.

murphman
07-24-14, 10:45
Second comment down on the article "Don’t like that ejected brass comes straight back." Assuming he is suggesting BTF, guess the 42 will be plagued.

Zim
07-24-14, 14:58
Beta testing is fine, as long as you didn't pay for the privilege of it. Glock clearly needs to expand its T&E phase.

Magsz
07-24-14, 15:27

Says the guy that just bought a first gen VP9....

PlatoCATM
07-24-14, 21:26
Maybe he's changed his stance in the month and a half since this post. Or it's a statement to the endorsements and hype a company can generate around a product. I know there are certain companies I would expect problems with (Ruger comes to mind) and others I would tend to trust more.

Bang4Buck
07-24-14, 22:42
Buying a new model gun is like buying a new model car. The bugs are usually worked out in the first year or two. NEVER buy the first year of a new model gun or automobile.

mrosamilia
07-26-14, 10:55
Buying a new model gun is like buying a new model car. The bugs are usually worked out in the first year or two. NEVER buy the first year of a new model gun or automobile.

I would like to agree, but the two VP9's have been spectactular. I have 1500 through each and love them. I just hope that we get a VP45 and soon!!

My brother purchased the G42 and had 1 stove pipe in about 300 rounds.

kevN
07-27-14, 22:06
Picked up a new in box G42 this week. Ran 50 rounds rem UMC FMJ, 20 rounds Speer GDHP, 50 rounds rem "high terminal performance" JHP, and 50 rounds American Eagle 380 FMJ. Had one issue with the Speer Gold Dot and I think it's just the geometry of 380 JHP that caused it to misfeed.

The HTP rounds fed fine, but they had less of an open nose if that makes any sense. In any case I fully intend to run FMJ if I decide to carry this piece as there doesn't seem to be any concrete evidence that terminal performance in 380 is better with the personal protection type of ammo.

Overall impression is that it's an accurate, and easy gun to shoot. Recoil is on par with a G26 IMO.

I also ordered a set of Defoor sights and the MGW adapter for the G42.